Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs. Badlands on the East Coast.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is this other type of witchcraft that you speak of? What type of stuff can you do with that?
You can actually reprogram vin specific modules and do other things like enable keypads and such.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone received their Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 yet? Any pictures in Race Red? 🙂

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can it let me turn the front cameras on in any mode?
In theory, if you had access to the code that would allow it, yes. If you were able to find the right location to modify (and generated correct check sums), yes.

To be more specific, the more you understand the system, the greater the possibility that you could make it do what you want.

I will give you an analog that should help explain what I mean. My ex used to be a embedded systems programmer for a well known modem company back in the day.

With my eeprom programmer, I could reprogram nearly any of their modems with code revisions that would enable or disable supported features. However, when she had access to the source code, I was able to add my own extensions and create my own custom code branches needed to actually do things that the product was never intended to do/be.

As a result, I had much more reliable modems than other people who I was competing with as an Internet provider. I had modems that would play frogger on the front display panel, because I could.

So these are the still just the upper layers of the onion. I wish I had access to the source code!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Man they truly do need to add that stabilizer bar disconnect to the Wildtrak and make it like a mini Raptor. If they did this I would be all in on the Wildtrak. With the introduction of this Hoss 3.0 with all the component upgrades with Tie Rods and Raptor Steering Rack it is really hard to ignore the Wildtrak.
I’ll counter with they really should offer the Raptor steering rack on the Badlands. If anything it is more needed on the Badlands than the Wildtrak.

Not seeing any deserts to run full out in NC. Maybe The beaches. Disconnect and articulation is good in Uwharrie tho.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh ok I see.
It is not sway bar disconnect. They added a rear sway bar.
I’ll counter with they really should offer the Raptor steering rack on the Badlands. If anything it is more needed on the Badlands than the Wildtrak.

Not seeing any deserts to run full out in NC. Maybe The beaches. Disconnect and articulation is good in Uwharrie tho.
They are basically the same vehicle but it would be nice if they at least made one of them have it all without having to go to the Raptor to get it all.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm one of those 5/23 people. Nope, no one has had one delivered yet. They're all held up in "built" status for now.
Yup I’m a 5/23 build too just waiting on shipment

Rdonohoe

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco & 2022 Bronco (ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get rid of double honk, turn fogs on with high beams, add sport mode to Badlands, etc.
Adding sport mode to Badlands sounds like a winner to me. I got a blend date of Sep20, can’t wait!

Squatch Parade

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been driving my non-HOSS 3 all over the trails in NB this week and haven’t broken anything. Unless you’re looking to do stupid things (that usually destroy trails and get them closed), you probably don’t need HOSS 3.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the East Coast?

How tall are the curbs and speed bumps at your local mall?
Guess you’ve never flown over the east coast in a plane and looked out the window.
Sponsored