Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs. Badlands on the East Coast.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I am probably going to test this weekend is how the Bronco does with the front swaybar manually disconnected as far as road handling and as far as articulation goes off-road. My BadOBX (Badlands shocks/springs on an Outerbanks) should have maximum "stock" articulation with the swaybar manually disconnected.

If I get my HOSS 3.0 WildTrak, I will probably try the same thing. I also have considered putting dampened mini shocks to replace the sway bar links to increase the range of the sway bar, while still providing some additional high speed stability.

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this thread

I had the same tough decision this past fall. I had the chance to switch my order to a 2023 HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak at the same price as my Badlands but untimely opted not to.

Here's Why:
- MGV seats & washout floors - I'll be doing a lot of beach driving so these are important for me -Also, I really don't like the cloth or leather in the WT
- The interior trim - The orange/yellow in the BL is sweet and the brown in the WT is blah
- That darn hood decal on the WT - not for me
- Sway Bar Disconnect is a cool feature to have as well

I do like the all black rims on the WT and the black Bronco logo on the back but I am going to powder coat the rings around the rims black and order the black bronco on amazon.

All in all in came down to the seats and interior trim color which sounds silly but I am very happy with my decision!

Just thought I'd share as I'm sure a lot of people are stuck between the 2023 fully loaded Badlands vs the Wildtrak.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bumping this thread

I had the same tough decision this past fall. I had the chance to switch my order to a 2023 HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak at the same price as my Badlands but untimely opted not to.

Here's Why:
- MGV seats & washout floors - I'll be doing a lot of beach driving so these are important for me -Also, I really don't like the cloth or leather in the WT
- The interior trim - The orange/yellow in the BL is sweet and the brown in the WT is blah
- That darn hood decal on the WT - not for me
- Sway Bar Disconnect is a cool feature to have as well

I do like the all black rims on the WT and the black Bronco logo on the back but I am going to powder coat the rings around the rims black and order the black bronco on amazon.

All in all in came down to the seats and interior trim color which sounds silly but I am very happy with my decision!

Just thought I'd share as I'm sure a lot of people are stuck between the 2023 fully loaded Badlands vs the Wildtrak.
I hope Ford gives Badlands the upgraded steering rack and tie rods along with Fox suspension in 2024. I also hope there is a refresh in 2024 to maybe challenge the extreme recon.

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope Ford gives Badlands the upgraded steering rack and tie rods along with Fox suspension in 2024. I also hope there is a refresh in 2024 to maybe challenge the extreme recon.
“To maybe challenge the extreme recon?”
Are you referring to Jeep’s XR package? If you are, IMO Jeep needs to do a major refresh to challenge both the Badlands and Wildtrak Broncos. I have been a long time loyalist Jeep owner. Before buying my Wildtrak, I looked at a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with the XR package. They wanted $64k for it and it didn’t have any of the safety packages and it didn’t have LED headlights and they weren’t budging on price. My Wildtrak was just a hair under $64k and as you can see in my signature is very well equipped. Bronco for the win on this one.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
What Ford did right, that took Jeep by storm is offering the most capable equipment even on the lowest trims, it would be a giant step backwards to change this direction and limit it to only the high dollar trims.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
well I just canceled my BL order today and am sticking with the WT. Living on east coast i would more likely use the swaybar disconnect. That said in reality ill drive on road more and hoss 3.0 will be more comfortable as a daily. WT will do just fine for off roading I expect and if I really need the sway disconnect Ill add a manual one. But my actual plan is to drive the WT until I can order and buy a braptor. Best of both worlds...aside from how wide it is.

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well I just canceled my BL order today and am sticking with the WT. Living on east coast i would more likely use the swaybar disconnect. That said in reality ill drive on road more and hoss 3.0 will be more comfortable as a daily. WT will do just fine for off roading I expect and if I really need the sway disconnect Ill add a manual one. But my actual plan is to drive the WT until I can order and buy a braptor. Best of both worlds...aside from how wide it is.
I feel ya, I stuck with my BL because I like the interior better and the MGV and wash out floors. But I totally get your decision and agree the ultimate goal is to get the Raptor eventually anyway. but ya 10 inches wider is mayhem.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I feel ya, I stuck with my BL because I like the interior better and the MGV and wash out floors. But I totally get your decision and agree the ultimate goal is to get the Raptor eventually anyway. but ya 10 inches wider is mayhem.
Wildtrak exterrior def looks better to me. Wish it could merge with Badlands to become like a small Braptor.

orekid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another consideration here given Ford makes you choose between either HOSS 3.0 with WT vs sway bar disconnect on the Badlands, the aftermarket optionality is important to think about. My understanding is that upgrading a Badlands' suspension and steering rack is much simpler than upgrading a Wildtrak to have the sway bar disconnect technology (fully integrated, warrantied, etc.). Someone correct me if I am wrong!
Sponsored