Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs. Badlands on the East Coast.

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Now that the new Hoss 3.0 Suspension is available on the Wildtrak trim it has become more competitive with the Badlands. Given some of the issues with Tie Rods breaking and steering rack breaking, the new Hoss 3.0 will bring the new Fox shocks as well as beefed up Tie Rods and the Raptor steering Rack. What do you guys think, which trim is realistically better to buy on the East Coast? I am caught in the middle as I really do like the little details in the look of the Wildtrak but also appreciate the Badlands stabilizer bar disconnect and crawl mode. The Wildtrak does not have a stabilizer bar disconnect but I heard this can easily be added aftermarket in manual form for about $100, so you can have the Hoss 3.0 as well as the stabilizer bar disconnect. Please share your opinion, and if there are any folks who already ordered the Hoss 3.0 Wildtrak what was your justification?
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm in Mississippi and it is more likely for me to blast through a row crop field (after harvest), Bad rock roads with lots of bumps (at high speed within the law) and navigate Jackson Mississippi's pothole then climb rocks. If I'm climbing it's dirt. These all scream Hoss 3.0 to me. I bet an auto disconnect is in the future as well.

Let's GO!

BTW, I lived and worked in Richmond in the early 2000s. Hope this helps.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At launch, the Wildtrak was intended to be this current version with hoss 3.0. Supply chain constraints led to the delay. Personally, I may not use the hoss 3.0 features, but the resale value on the Wildtrak trim is exceptional and will only increase for the hoss 3.0 models. Hell of a value to get those 3 component upgrades.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone's use case is different. I have found that in the trails of Florida, I use the sway bar disconnect a good amount. Not many high speed trails that the Hoss 2.0 cannot handle which has been proven out West before in many videos. A lot of the trails I do are tight trails winding between trees and articulating around obstacles.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the East Coast?

How tall are the curbs and speed bumps at your local mall?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm in Mississippi and it is more likely for me to blast through a row crop field (after harvest), Bad rock roads with lots of bumps (at high speed within the law) and navigate Jackson Mississippi's pothole then climb rocks. If I'm climbing it's dirt. These all scream Hoss 3.0 to me. I bet an auto disconnect is in the future as well.

Let's GO!

BTW, I lived and worked in Richmond in the early 2000s. Hope this helps.
Man they truly do need to add that stabilizer bar disconnect to the Wildtrak and make it like a mini Raptor. If they did this I would be all in on the Wildtrak. With the introduction of this Hoss 3.0 with all the component upgrades with Tie Rods and Raptor Steering Rack it is really hard to ignore the Wildtrak.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everyone's use case is different. I have found that in the trails of Florida, I use the sway bar disconnect a good amount. Not many high speed trails that the Hoss 2.0 cannot handle which has been proven out West before in many videos. A lot of the trails I do are tight trails winding between trees and articulating around obstacles.
Yeah, I think Wildtrak and Badlands can both handle almost any regular trail out there. I heard the Fox shocks make the ride more comfortable for like small bumps over the Badlands. This is why I am in such a dilemma because I do like the capability of the Badlands but also like the Hoss 3.0. I am leaning # bit more towards the Wildtrak and the plan would be to add aftermarket manual stabilizer bar disconnect to sort of have my cake and eat it too; however, I am still not 100% sold on it 🙂. I also like the fact the Wildtrak has the black grill, painted mirrors, black wheel rings, and the graphics package which to me looks a bit better than the Badlands.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any actual photos of Hoss 3.0 delivered ? I have a WT with Hoss but i have to wait for another month for delivery... to my understanding production for the Hoss 3.0 started on build week 5/23, there is got to be someone already with it....

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any actual photos of Hoss 3.0 delivered ? I have a WT with Hoss but i have to wait for another month for delivery... to my understanding production for the Hoss 3.0 started on build week 5/23, there is got to be someone already with it....
Yeah, it would be great to see it and hear someone's experience with it. My research indicates that it is def much better on the smaller gravel like bumps over the stock version, so a bit more fancy and more comfortable ride on and off road. It doesn't hurt to have all the beefed up suspension components either.

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm one of those 5/23 people. Nope, no one has had one delivered yet. They're all held up in "built" status for now.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you want washout floors and seats or not?

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I think Wildtrak and Badlands can both handle almost any regular trail out there. I heard the Fox shocks make the ride more comfortable for like small bumps over the Badlands. This is why I am in such a dilemma because I do like the capability of the Badlands but also like the Hoss 3.0. I am leaning # bit more towards the Wildtrak and the plan would be to add aftermarket manual stabilizer bar disconnect to sort of have my cake and eat it too; however, I am still not 100% sold on it 🙂. I also like the fact the Wildtrak has the black grill, painted mirrors, black wheel rings, and the graphics package which to me looks a bit better than the Badlands.
No painted mirrors or handles on the 2022 Wildtraks. Normal MIC gray.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm one of those 5/23 people. Nope, no one has had one delivered yet. They're all held up in "built" status for now.
Most of them are all built and ready but probably waiting on the micro chips.
Sponsored