Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs Everglades (Which to order?)

Joshuahbf

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now before everyone immediately writes in Wildtrak hands down (I've read a couple of other forums with similar question). I'd like to explain why I'm having this debate.

Unfortunately, I only got bronco fever a year ago and have been unable to place an order yet. I am currently waiting for the order banks to reopen.

When I build a wildtrak I always add: Hard top, roof rack, high package (mostly for bigger screen), leather (I just don't want cloth), modular bumper, 4 door, towing package. Which usually comes to around 62k. Plus I'd likely put on an aftermarket bumper attachment with a winch. Which would probably bring me closer to the 66k mark.

When I build an everglades. Most of the above add ons are standard (4 door, hard top, non cloth marine grade vinyl, roof rack, 12 in screen, modular bumper, winch). The only thing I really add is the towing package. It usually comes to a total of around 56k.

The things I would be missing:
1. I like the black rims on wildtrak better but not the end of the world or deal breaker
2. Bigger 2.7 engine
3. Better suspension
4. 360 camera and few other high package features

Now if there were within a couple thousand dollars I would agree with most people on here I'm going wildtrak 10/10 times. However considering the way I would build the wildtrak it would be almost 10k more is it still worth it? Do peoples opinion change? I'd like to hear people's thoughts
Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Now before everyone immediately writes in Wildtrak hands down (I've read a couple of other forums with similar question). I'd like to explain why I'm having this debate.

Unfortunately, I only got bronco fever a year ago and have been unable to place an order yet. I am currently waiting for the order banks to reopen.

When I build a wildtrak I always add: Hard top, roof rack, high package (mostly for bigger screen), leather (I just don't want cloth), modular bumper, 4 door, towing package. Which usually comes to around 62k. Plus I'd likely put on an aftermarket bumper attachment with a winch. Which would probably bring me closer to the 66k mark.

When I build an everglades. Most of the above add ons are standard (4 door, hard top, non cloth marine grade vinyl, roof rack, 12 in screen, modular bumper, winch). The only thing I really add is the towing package. It usually comes to a total of around 56k.

The things I would be missing:
1. I like the black rims on wildtrak better but not the end of the world or deal breaker
2. Bigger 2.7 engine
3. Better suspension
4. 360 camera and few other high package features

Now if there were within a couple thousand dollars I would agree with most people on here I'm going wildtrak 10/10 times. However considering the way I would build the wildtrak it would be almost 10k more is it still worth it? Do peoples opinion change? I'd like to hear people's thoughts
Engine, suspension, camera and full warranty worth extra 10k!

Last edited:

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I converted my Wildtrak order to an Everglades, and have absolutely no regrets. I got the Everglades at MSRP ($53K), so after the destination charge, tax (9.5%) and DMV, I drove off the lot at $61K.

OP
OP

Joshuahbf

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I converted my Wildtrak order to an Everglades, and have absolutely no regrets. I got the Everglades at MSRP ($53K), so after the destination charge, tax (9.5%) and DMV, I drove off the lot at $61K.
These are good points. Meaning if I chose the wildtrak I'd probably be closer to 70k which is much more than I'd want to spend

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It might come down to what you are most likely to get built. The Everglades doesn't have a very high take rate according to Tim Bartz the Ford Video Guy and the Wildtrak is over capacity. When the order banks open up you might stand a better chance with the Everglades. I have a Wildtrak on order and I'm just going to wait it out, I want what I want, especially when I'm spending this kind of money. As UniBroncorn said the 2.7, HOSS 3.0, camera and don't forget the 12" screen is worth it.
Why add the modular bumper if you are going to replace it?

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, for me the 2.7 was a non-negotiable and I started my whole build based on that. I really wanted a manual transmission but since it was only available on the 2.3 I went automatic. I have Sasquatch package, a 4 door, and usually haul around a lot of stuff when I’m camping or hunting. I really am glad I have the power and torque of the 2.7 pushing all that weight around. Based on that conclusion, I’m telling you to go with the Wildtrak and add the stuff you want along the way.

A big secondary benefit is that the Hoss 3.0 seems to fix what many believe to really be the only mechanical weakness of the vehicle. I love my badlands but if I were going to order tomorrow it would be hard to pass on the Wildtrak given the added value on the suspension.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just priced out a Wildtrak, added the roof rack and Mod bumper, didn't add leather (for comparisons sake), works out to little less than $59,500. I don't think it will cost you $4k to install a $1000 winch.

Last edited:

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are good points. Meaning if I chose the wildtrak I'd probably be closer to 70k which is much more than I'd want to spend
Coincidentally, I should add that the MSRP on my Wildtrak build was about $61K, so drive off would have been around $69K. As a reservation holder, when I was offered the opportunity to convert my order to the Everglades, it only took me a minute to figure out that there was a ton a value in the Everglades package.

OP
OP

Joshuahbf

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It might come down to what you are most likely to get built. The Everglades doesn't have a very high take rate according to Tim Bartz the Ford Video Guy and the Wildtrak is over capacity. When the order banks open up you might stand a better chance with the Everglades. I have a Wildtrak on order and I'm just going to wait it out, I want what I want, especially when I'm spending this kind of money. As UniBroncorn said the 2.7, HOSS 3.0, camera and don't forget the 12" screen is worth it.
Why add the modular bumper if you are going to replace it?
Yeah these are good points, but to be honest i don't really mind the two year wait. I've got ram 1500 right now that doesn't have a ton of miles and is paid off. I really don't NEED a new vehicle. So if I could extend the life of my current vehicle and have this as a replacement in two years I'd be happy.

As far as the modular bumper goes... I haven't decided which bumper and which setup I want yet. I do like the looks of some of the aftermarket bumper /winch combos better however a lot of them stick up high blocking the front camera. Which then makes the camera almost meaningless. Rough country makes a pretty sweet hidden winch kit that mounts under the modular bumper.. so then I'd get a winch and have perfect use of the camera yet. I may lose some ground clearance but tbh I'm probably not gonna be doing much rock crawling etc. With my bronco

OP
OP

Joshuahbf

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just priced out a Wildtrak, added the roof rack and Mod bumper, didn't add leather (for comparisons sake), works out to little less than $59,500. I don't think it will cost you $4k to install a $1000 winch.
You are probably right.. i might have overbudgeted the winch. I was guestimating 500-2000$on either a modular bumper attachment or aftermarket bumper + 1000$+ for the winch + labor cost

I really don't want cloth though. The marine grade vinyl is included in everglades. Upgrading to leather from cloth for the wildtrak is like a 2k surcharge

Sponsored
OP
OP

Joshuahbf

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Coincidentally, I should add that the MSRP on my Wildtrak build was about $61K, so drive off would have been around $69K. As a reservation holder, when I was offered the opportunity to convert my order to the Everglades, it only took me a minute to figure out that there was a ton a value in the Everglades package.
That's my dilemma. I love the wildtrak but it seems like it is on a super high pedestal. The Everglades to me seems like it offers so much value.

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took delivery of my Wildtrak /hoss 3.0 in September. I love how well it rides. My buddy has a 22 Wildtrak Hoss 2.0 and she rides different. Not bad. But different. I would have totally bought an everglades but my dealership told me straight up 25k markup on everglades. I was heartbroken. So I added Hoss 3.0, rambling over.
You'll love it no matter what.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's my dilemma. I love the wildtrak but it seems like it is on a super high pedestal. The Everglades to me seems like it offers so much value.
A Base Sas 4door, Hardtop comes in under $45K, what little you get with the Everglades for the extra $11K, one could call it a super high pedestal trim also.

I'd take Hoss 3.0 over the winch, consider the cloth vs MGV a wash and have no interest in a bigger screen. So with the Everglades at $55,500 and the WT(cloth/mid/mod bumper) at $57,200 with the 2.7 instead of the 4 banger, I see them as pretty equally priced.

But then there's the square fenders, washout floors, ugly snorkel and better rims.......

Last edited:

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You didn’t really say how you use it, but based on the way you spec them out, I’d go Everglades.
That being said, we don’t know how the supply chain constraints will affect new orders. If Sasquatch is still a limitation, you might want to consider the Badlands, especially if the 2.7 is something you really want.
Sponsored