Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, '77 Super Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone else find it odd that the highest Bronco trim level (available to reserve anyway) isn't the showcase Bronco that is being shown off all over the place?

Is there a chance that Ford is waiting until the last minute to drop what the Wildtrak really could be? Could it be the "Raptor" version that everyone wants to see?

Maybe the most recent photos are of a Wildtrak that is lurking behind the scenes, waiting for Ford to let it out of it's cage.

Probably not, but I cannot come up with any other reason the Wildtrak would exist otherwise. Surely Ford has something special, other than just sport mode, that has not been revealed yet about the Wildtrak... I can hope anyway.
Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have thought that too....and with Mikes statement of big surprise. But could also be their touring is a sense of testing on lower trims....or seeing how they are mostly pre production models the Wildtrak might of been a later idea trim that was added. But we will see.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I am hoping my Wildtrak will look like...
I am planning to get the optional HD Modular Steel Bumper and the Leather Seats
I will add the Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Step Bars
I may swap the Goodyear MT tires over to Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W 315/70R17 (35”) tires.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak - Isn't it Odd 45303F03-C4D0-4034-820F-2F27059DD369

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m getting the Wildtrak. But, just wanted to say that this model doesn’t have anything the other models can’t get. Also if you trim up a Badlands to the Wildtrak, the Badlands costs more.

Sponsored

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah. It’s a bit odd not seeing a Wildtrak on display or at least a clip or two of it on the dunes and desert ?. Was there a Wildtrak in one of the release videos? Would like to see a professional driver doing some desert running in one. Baja package?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The OB and the BL have been the only ones semi-showcased so far (NYSE, Ford Employee day and then CO) but not sure if those were true to what the trim was since they are dressed with accessories. I'm not real sure that we've yet to see a true, as listed in the specs, trim level as they've all been somewhat frankenbronco's missing a few prime pieces and no sticker to even claim what they were outside of us guessing based on whatever grille it was wearing.

Hoping soon to see some real, bonifide examples of what Ford plans on selling us, maybe it'll all be finalized with the B&P or maybe we'll get what we get when we pick them up from the dealer.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't really think of the Wildtrack as the highest trim. It has the highest base price and comes with a lot of options, but because of the additional features that the Badlands offers, I think of this as number one.

Sport mode isn't a big deal to me. I forget that these cars even have drive modes and I have no problems driving a 2018 F-150 around town in the normal setting.

I honestly feel like the Wildtrack is an upgraded Outer Banks with a couple more drive modes (I think?). That's not a bad thing, but it's not for me.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrak has higher level standard equipment. That is the only reason it costs more. Fully spec out a Badlands and you will see why. Ford offered teh Badlands stripped down to keep the pricing (somewhat) reasonable. All the enthusiasts want what's offered with the Badlands.... manual, washable floors, vinyl seating, disconnects etc etc.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has almost exclusively been showing off concepts. Two of them aren't real. Two are meant for showing off accessories.

There is no lurking or waiting behind the scenes. We are just a long time from taking delivery. I would expect the media testers to be Badlands and Wildtrack. I'd rather they send me what they think will be the volume model, but that rarely happens.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Does anyone else find it odd that the highest Bronco trim level (available to reserve anyway) isn't the showcase Bronco that is being shown off all over the place?

Is there a chance that Ford is waiting until the last minute to drop what the Wildtrak really could be? Could it be the "Raptor" version that everyone wants to see?

Maybe the most recent photos are of a Wildtrak that is lurking behind the scenes, waiting for Ford to let it out of it's cage.

Probably not, but I cannot come up with any other reason the Wildtrak would exist otherwise. Surely Ford has something special, other than just sport mode, that has not been revealed yet about the Wildtrak... I can hope anyway.
If you test a Badlands with the 2.7 and 315’s (and don’t disconnect the sway bar), you are testing a wildtrak.

You then can swap to 285’s and you are in effect testing a non-Squatch badlands.

I think the preproductions are all a mishmash of models and swappable parts to allow testing variations. They probably reflash software or have all eight modes available to select as well.

TXDirkens65

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My question about the wildtrak is, why would it not come with the modular front bumper and steel bumper like the badlands? As well as at least be equipped with the high package and the 10 B&O speakers for being the highest trim level besides the first edition. After adding the high package and modular front bumper according to the survey prices I would be sitting at $58,000. I'm concerned about the rear leg room for the 4 door also. I've got 2 kids under two that need car seats. I'm 6'1 so I want to be able to still have plenty of room for myself with the car seats installed. Sitting at $58,000 for what I would want I'm debating just getting a tricked out F-150. A 2020 Lariat would only be $47,000 pic attached. So i'm not dead set on the bronco until I sit and do the car seat test and see if Ford is going to add some more features to the wildtrak to make it worth buying.

lariat.png

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive actually never understood all the love for the Badlands. I really don't care for it. Id rather have a loaded Outer Banks with a rear locker.

Some may be going for the BL for rock-crawling purposes, but that's just not what Im into. (anymore)

But the Wildtrak is pure badassery and I may have gone for for that even if I had the opportunity to reserve an FE, and not for price reasons, especially considering the color choices.

The Race Red Wildtrak is ?????
Sponsored