Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me see if I can make some sense for you of where I am coming from.

On the Wildtrak vs the Big Bend Sasquatch yeah they have some little subtle differences but not really a huge thing. I mean seriously a shiny black grill vs a satin one, black trim rings on the wheels, a different fender badge and lastly shiny black mirrors instead of again the satin ones. I'm not including the top because the original poster included optioning the Big Bend with the same. Ok you say that is visually distinctive and technically that is correct but me personally I think that it is kinda cheesy on Ford's part.

Now let's compare a Ford Raptor vs a regular F-150, now that's what I say being visually distinctive is all about. The Raptor has a totally different grill, all four fenders are flared out much wider, the hood is totally different, it has huge graphics on the fenders, the tail gate is totally different and the exhaust is not anywhere like the standard F-150. Now that is what I'm talking about as to being visually different. But hey, if you find a trim different because some of the satin parts are now painted shiny black and it has a different fender badge then all I can say is Ford loves guys like you. You will pay extra coin to get a trim level that literally cost them next to nothing. :ROFLMAO: What say you RMC? :rolleyes:
Your comparison of a regular F-150-Raptor vs. BB-Wildtrak Broncos is comparing apples to oranges. The Raptor equivalent for Bronco is the yet-to-be-released Warthog for Bronco, which will also have wider track/flares, hood, graphics, etc., not Wildtrak, which is more like a Platinum F-150. So, for your comparison to hold water, you should instead be comparing a F-150 Lariat to a Platinum - where the biggest exterior differences are - you guessed it - a different grille insert, fender badge, wheels, different mirror caps/door handles, and more importantly, access to additional options. Sure, on the outside they look largely the same, but there's a lot more difference than that.

As others have pointed out, if the extra design differentiators, nor access to additional options, are not important to you or whomever, then go with the Big Bend optioned up. For myself and others, Wildtrak suits us just fine......even if it's "kinda cheesy" that Wildtrak follows the same pattern of trim levels that all vehicles from all makes have.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So basically you have to pay more (to move to the Wildtrak trim) only to allow you to pay even more for other options (leather, Lux package, etc.).

"I'll take a Standard Burger with pickles please."
"I'm sorry sir, you can only get pickles on the Deluxe Burger."
"Uh, ok, I'll take a Deluxe Burger with pickles."
"Sure. Pickles are an extra dollar."

:unsure:
Ford Bronco Wildtrak makes no sense at all. giphy (2)

Just kidding, but could resist the GIF.

Last edited:

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look I get it, you are sold on the Wildtrak and find it to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye and visually different from the other trim levels. Me personally, I find it and all the other Broncos to be extremely attractive but the Wildtrak itself not that different in looks from the lower trims. With that said I will say I'm torn between the Wildtrak and the Badlands myself and will not be buying a Big Bend. For the record I am not the original poster on this subject and I have merely stated my opinion. But hey, you should not be concerned with my opinion, buy what you want and motor on, all these Broncos will be kick ass!
The differences in aesthetics are the black out trim you cant get on the others and the unique graphics. Also body colored handles. You also get sport mode. Sure someone could paint their trim black or buy them and swap after the fact but we are looking at what you can order from the factory. The wildtrak combination of exterior aesthetics, Sasquatch and 2.7 standard along with having access to the LUX package you cannot get in a lower trim and just option up.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Kevin I am actually torn between the Wildtrak and the Babdlands but the original poster brings up some valid points if someone was going to buy a low optioned Wildtrak. The Big Bend with Sasquatch and options that make it equal in all but the aesthetics of the Wildtrak is almost $3000 cheaper. I am not going to buy a Big Bend but I do find that interesting. As I said I am not going for the Big Bend, Ford is forcing me into the Wildtrak or Badlands because it's the only trim levels which offer me the options I want.
Equally optioned Big Ben and Wildtak is $2730. The extra money does buy you the upgraded apperance package (Blacked Grille. Black Trim rims, Black emblems and Unique Hood graphics), Also gives you the extra Baja GOAT mode and upgraded Catrier Graphic cloth interior. As always some folks would gladly pay the $2730 for those options and others would not. But always nice to have the option, IMO.

Kcwaltz20

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Equally optioned Big Ben and Wildtak is $2730. The extra money does buy you the upgraded apperance package (Blacked Grille. Black Trim rims, Black emblems and Unique Hood graphics), Also gives you the extra Baja GOAT mode and upgraded Catrier Graphic cloth interior. As always some folks would gladly pay the $2730 for those options and others would not. But always nice to have the option, IMO.
Correct me if I’m wrong but Badlands also has Baja Mode right ? I think you get sport mode in place of rock in the Wildtrak.
I can’t decide if I want a Wildtrak or a Badlands either.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong but Badlands also has Baja Mode right ? I think you get sport mode in place of rock in the Wildtrak.
I can’t decide if I want a Wildtrak or a Badlands either.
Yes my mistake , you are correct. Badlands gets Rock Crawl and Wildtrak gets Sport.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Toys dont need to make sense...???????

Ford Bronco Wildtrak makes no sense at all. 80B8AF95-E0C7-41BE-9660-10BCB14A2A15

Ford Bronco Wildtrak makes no sense at all. 4F9943B9-1709-4B63-A1AB-917907317AA2

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all set on BL until I created this today.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak makes no sense at all. 1606791868017

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been flip flopping between BD and WT since B&P. If I had the money it would be WT for all the reasons you list but in the end I’m leaning BB now. My thought process is I’m almost guaranteed a 2022 which is going to have a white top option. I’m assuming that’s a significant extra cost which I will gladly spend having cut cost of not going WT.

Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The differences in aesthetics are the black out trim you cant get on the others and the unique graphics. Also body colored handles. You also get sport mode. Sure someone could paint their trim black or buy them and swap after the fact but we are looking at what you can order from the factory. The wildtrak combination of exterior aesthetics, Sasquatch and 2.7 standard along with having access to the LUX package you cannot get in a lower trim and just option up.
I think a lot of people getting their first off road vehicle with a good budget will be drawn to the wildtrak. Black accents, sport and Baja modes with big engine (speed on and off road), quieter than badlands with carpet and sound deadening options. Plastic bumpers should be less intimidating than steel as well.

I think if interior wasn’t so divisive it would get a much better rap on this forum.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's gonna be sharp, no doubt about it!
I've been sticking to a badlands (deciding between squatch/non-squatch), but with the bigger motor I lose out on sound deadening in that model and I really dont need steel bumpers/armor/sway bar for my daily driver uses and the occasional trail. But, the Badlands has nearly every feature for less $ than a Wildtrak if you stick with MGV seats so its a better value.

I think an Area 51 Wildtrak with the rock rails (to hide the welds) with leather interior will be a great-looking model, comfortable (10-way power seat) and more than enough function for any casual off roader. Throw on high package for the convenience of the cameras and it's a better build IMO over the Outer Banks models.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been BL from day one but the Wildtrak has recently appealed to me because of how I intend to use the vehicle. I am buying with about three years until I retire. I won't be doing many adventures at all until retirement. All the steel hanging on the Badlands and the disconnect will be mostly useless for several years or more. All that extra weight and no sport mode on the BL. I am getting a 2dr and think the WT with sport mode may be a fun little street machine until I get a chance to go off road and it seems very capable when I do. It is between BL and Wt because of the Lux package.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrack 4D net price = $50,970.
Big Bend 4D with auto 2.7 / sasquatch / mid package / hard top / aux switch and signature lights = $48,240.

Reassure me no one here is paying $2,730 only to get worst interior color, miss matched mirror paint, a sticker and baja mode?

In most vehicle today, getting a higher trim means it’s less expensive than adding all the options of that trim individually. It seems it’s the contrary on the Bronco.
I built a Badlands configuration and Wildtrack configuration to be equal and the prices are about equal as well. Wildtrack was a couple hundred more, I think. Graphics/appearance changes would account for that.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been sticking to a badlands (deciding between squatch/non-squatch), but with the bigger motor I lose out on sound deadening in that model...
You don't get the additional sound deadening on either model until you option up to the High package, in which case either would be equal. The carpet in the Wildtrack may be ever-so-slightly quieter than the rubber in the Badlands, but rubber is a good sound isolator. I'm going with that plus the additional sound deadening in the roof and banking on that being quiet enough.
Sponsored