Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrak, rather go racing across washboard dirt roads in SPORT & BAJA mode than going 3 mph rock crawling. Live in Lake Tahoe, Nevada so Rubicon and Black Rock Desert are all within an hour drive. Want the wider stance and 35's out of the gate. Will replace bumpers with winch bumpers so glad I am not wasting/reselling the steal ones) hopefully someone will have the receiver hitch front bumper so I can mount the winch on the front OR the back bumper). Carpet OK with drain plug, you know it can be washout the same as a plastic one and sure there will be aftermarket ones I like. The F150 2.7 TT is a great engine and can be chipped to 400/500 (not that I would push a 6 like that) but it is there. Automatic is great, tired of shifting and can concentrate on the terrain/view as opposed to an optimal gear. Will get WHITE just like my last Defender 90.
Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Front steel bumpers is an $800 option for WT
Will probably wait to see what the after market comes out with for winch capable front bumpers. Not a fan of the bolt on front extension for the winch on the stock bumper.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In your position for the things you want to do, sounds like Wildtrac. I don't want the squatch, so it is Badlands for me.
Quick question. I am on the fence between Badlands and Wildtrak (Becauses of the tires) myself. Why is that you do not want to do squatch?

Sponsored

G2SKIER

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 17 ZR2 37s. New Silverado LT, RZR Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep changing my mind, but I'm pretty set on the BL, maybe with the squatch wheels and tires. Good chance I'll jump up to 37s if they offer a small lift from the factory or as a dealer installed accessory. BL is the only trim (besides FE) with sway bar disconnect. Huge selling point for me along with the wash out interior and the manual with the 4.70 diff ratios.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your position for the things you want to do, sounds like Wildtrac. I don't want the squatch, so it is Badlands for me.
Quick question. I am on the fence between Badlands and Wildtrak (Becauses of the tires) myself. Why is that you do not want to do squatch?
Yea explain yourself. You tryna be hipster by disliking the cool thing?

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think im going fully loaded badlands....Just dont know if i want 35s for daily driving.
Badlands has baja mode so not sure what the big diff is as ill be going with the 2.7.
Anyone know how high a badlands sits, like how high is it to get in as compared to a sas with the 35s?

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak, rather go racing across washboard dirt roads in SPORT & BAJA mode than going 3 mph rock crawling. Live in Lake Tahoe, Nevada so Rubicon and Black Rock Desert are all within an hour drive. Want the wider stance and 35's out of the gate. Will replace bumpers with winch bumpers so glad I am not wasting/reselling the steal ones) hopefully someone will have the receiver hitch front bumper so I can mount the winch on the front OR the back bumper). Carpet OK with drain plug, you know it can be washout the same as a plastic one and sure there will be aftermarket ones I like. The F150 2.7 TT is a great engine and can be chipped to 400/500 (not that I would push a 6 like that) but it is there. Automatic is great, tired of shifting and can concentrate on the terrain/view as opposed to an optimal gear. Will get WHITE just like my last Defender 90.
This (minus the white) I don’t think people understand there is a plug for draining under the carpet..... full agree about the winch, really really don’t like the look of the one to add to the steel bump

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea explain yourself. You tryna be hipster by disliking the cool thing?

not quite sure what your asking....Sasquatch?...I just don't feel I need it. I like the 33's on my current vehicle. Badlands with the 33's will get me anywhere I have a business of trying to get to.

Hipster?...I grew up in the 60's and 70's, I was hipster before hipster was ever cool. :cool:

Sponsored

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you would be better off with the Wildtrak if your mostly running sand dunes.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know WT is supposed to be the Baja version, but I'm treating it like the loaded OBx... which it (WT) has all the options I want.

Basically your question can not be answered until Prices come out unless you can decide if you want Rubber floors or not.

To Rubber or not to rubber... that is the ONLY question until prices come!

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there any difference in suspension between sas BL and WT besides swaybar disconnect?