Sponsored

Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?!

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are the odds that aftermarket bumpers will give us better options at the same or lower price ($900) compared to mod bumper?
For a quality one probably not less. Steel raptor bumpers from reputable places are all $1,000+ from what I've seen. On top of that you'll need to insall it too. Factory-installed steel seems like the best option out of the gate.

They'll be tons of aftermarket stuff available, I don't think you'll find anything cheaper though.
Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL! That is not going to happen.
photos have shown separate fog light switch, left badlands, right wildtrak with standard bumper
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 277FF1DA-CAF4-495A-9D4D-54D652DFD378

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll be able to add aftermarket fogs to MOD easily enough
waiting for aftermarket, like to have the fogs prewired with switch, versus having to use axillary switch
This. Get aftermarket or take off from a BL/BD and it will be a lot nicer install for fogs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The running thought is that if you opt for the Mod bumper, you get a different wiring harness that does not include the Fog light wiring or switch. So adding them later will require a use of one of your aux switches.

In addition, the Mod bumper has what most would consider a bad implementation for a winch. So if you plan on adding one...aftermarket would be a better choice.

If you add the Mod bumper, it may eliminate your ability to add additional options due to the "2021 glitch"

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may have been addressed but it wasn't easy to find. I have a Wildtrak ordered and I'm currently debating whether I should keep the standard front bumper with the fog lights or upgrade to the modular front bumper. Can ya'll help me out and explain the pros/cons of each?!
I think the "upgraded" bumper is ugly and it is ridiculous that it deletes the fog lights. I will get an aftermarket bumper on my Wildtrak.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
photos have shown separate fog light switch, left badlands, right wildtrak with standard bumper
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 277FF1DA-CAF4-495A-9D4D-54D652DFD378
Can anyone confirm that the WildTrak comes with a separate fog light switch? The standard bumper is ugly as hell, but if it comes with a separate switch i’ll keep it and go aftermarket later.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone confirm that the WildTrak comes with a separate fog light switch? The standard bumper is ugly as hell, but if it comes with a separate switch i’ll keep it and go aftermarket later.
No. There have been no production models built yet.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally think the standard bumper looks better.

Im going BD because I want the MGV interior but wish I could get it with standard bumper and fogs.

Last edited:

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You also get the front bash plates with the steel bumper. On the WT with the standard bumper no bash plates at all.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. There have been no production models built yet.
Being kept in the dark about everything is what bugs me the most about this vehicle. Especially this close to production. Too many unknowns, but I went ahead with a 2021 anyway. arrrrrrgh

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

using interior photos on B&P shows there is a difference

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was thinking of going modular from factory but now thinking just keep standard plastic and going aftermarket when there's more options. Don't mind waiting a bit for front/rear bumpers.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You also get the front bash plates with the steel bumper. On the WT with the standard bumper no bash plates at all.
This is why I opted for the modular bumper with full steel bash plates. Easy enough to add aftermarket fogs to an aux switch. Probably a lot more work and money to add a new bumper plus bash plates to the vehicle.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak comes standard with fog lights, so it's got to have a separate switch for them.

The only thing we don't know is if adding the modular button deletes that switch. I'm counting on that being the case though, and I'm planning to use an aux switch for something aftermarket.
Sponsored