Sponsored

Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?!

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may have been addressed but it wasn't easy to find. I have a Wildtrak ordered and I'm currently debating whether I should keep the standard front bumper with the fog lights or upgrade to the modular front bumper. Can ya'll help me out and explain the pros/cons of each?!
Baja Designs have these lights on website
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 1628256520578
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bumper on the right is the capable front bumper which is not available for MY21 and was removed from the B&P tool (cost roughly $1000). Love the looks on it too
The capable was definitely the one I liked, particularly on the pre-pro pictures where the shackle/D-ring was painted a body/trim color. With or without the shackle, the bumperettes and fog lights set things off nicely.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One downside of the modular is potential rust. I noticed some rust underneath the bolts on a bronco that was on display at a car show in Pittsburgh. A little concerning that it’s happening already.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The capable was definitely the one I liked, particularly on the pre-pro pictures where the shackle/D-ring was painted a body/trim color. With or without the shackle, the bumperettes and fog lights set things off nicely.
Yeah I was excited myself about the capable bumper. Basically get the mod bumper but with fog lights.. But they pulled it and there's been no evidence it's even going to come back.

Probably better anyway since I want to get a winch that is better integrated into the bumper.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Originally I wanted to go with the capable bumper, but that has since disappeared. After seeing the modular in person - I do like it alot, just not enough to lose the integrated fogs without waiting to see what's available in the after market. I can always add the factory mod bumper later vs aftermarket is the way I see it.

Sponsored

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a question 22 Wildtrack bumpers?

Mid Package
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! Screenshot_20220314-091839

High Package
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! Screenshot_20220314-091946

Is this image correct of the 2 different bumpers. Does the high Package get a different one?

Deleted member 32220

I believe the capable bumper is included in the hoss 3.0 package. It shouldn’t matter if it’s a mid, high, or lux.

CaptFett

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For existing order holders, jumping up to HOSS 3.0 changes the suspension and the bumper as it includes a front skid plate, front tow hooks, steel bash plates, and a powder-coated front steel bumper with integrated fog lights. IF you opt for the modular bumper it is a $270 upcharge versus a $825 upcharge without HOSS 3.0
Sponsored