Sponsored

Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?!

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This may have been addressed but it wasn't easy to find. I have a Wildtrak ordered and I'm currently debating whether I should keep the standard front bumper with the fog lights or upgrade to the modular front bumper. Can ya'll help me out and explain the pros/cons of each?!
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
only pro of the standard bumper over the mod is the fogs. (unless you prefer the aesthetics)

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was debating the same thing, but chose to upgrade to the steel modular front bumper. I like the looks of it better (more aggressive), it's more durable and it gives me the option to add after market lights (and other accessories), which it gives me a reason to use one of the aux switches. The modular front bumper just doesn't seem as frumpy/bulky as the standard bumper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dro

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was debating the same thing, but chose to upgrade to the steel modular front bumper. I like the looks of it better (more aggressive), it's more durable and it gives me the option to add after market lights (and other accessories), which it gives me a reason to use one of the aux switches. The modular front bumper just doesn't seem as frumpy/bulky as the standard bumper.
What are the odds that aftermarket bumpers will give us better options at the same or lower price ($900) compared to mod bumper?

BravoZulu

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the Mod bumper because it is steel and it gives me something else to accessorize :)

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going aftermarket for front/rear bumpers, frame mounted sliders and under armor. I prefer the looks and functionality of the aftermarket ones available for other vehicles and they'll be available for the Bronco soon enough. They'll also have a better solution for mounting a winch if you go that route.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the odds that aftermarket bumpers will give us better options at the same or lower price ($900) compared to mod bumper?
Pretty good.

What are the odds one of those bumpers will be available for purchase within the next 2 years?

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For sure. The odds are high. You might have to wait a little while, but definitely. You also may be able to use the fogs that come on the standard bumper, so that is a positive that I considered. Anything steel will probably be similar in price or more though. Just google some of the jeep aftermarket bumpers to get a few ballpark figures. You could always sell the modular steel bumper if you find something aftermarket.

I already have a number of other parts I want to add on later (rock rails, Rigid lights, window tint, exhaust, etc) so with lumping this into the initial bronco build, it is one less thing that my wife will get on me about spending more money after I just spent $50k+.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
disagree. Aftermarket bumpers already exist for the current Ranger and they are more than $825. And aftermarket bumpers will have to account for all the sensors (proximity, ACC, etc. )

RPG >> $1,295:

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 1616013820879

SVC >> $1,299

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 1616013916876

Pretty good.

What are the odds one of those bumpers will be available for purchase within the next 2 years?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

disagree. Aftermarket bumpers already exist for the current Ranger and they are more than $825. And aftermarket bumpers will have to account for all the sensors (proximity, ACC, etc. )

RPG >> $1,295:

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 1616013916876

SVC >> $1,299

Yeah. My point was that I'm sure you'll be able to *eventually* purchase a bumper for the Bronco aftermarket that's comparable to the Mod bumper... but you're not going to be able to pick one up in the next few months.

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

RPG >> $1,295:

SVC >> $1,299

That is also a good point about the sensors.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

waiting for aftermarket, like to have the fogs prewired with switch, versus having to use axillary switch

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The plastic bumper with fogs will net you an extra circuit, probably survive until aftermarket option are bountiful. Factory steel with modular construction is not structurally solid like a singular/mono fabrication construction, thicker plate bumper. When you land on modular bumpers they deflect at the joints and usually into your body work, what they were there to protect.
Sponsored