Sponsored

Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?!

BRUNKO1

Badlands
First Name
JasonBrunk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was thinking of going modular from factory but now thinking just keep standard plastic and going aftermarket when there's more options. Don't mind waiting a bit for front/rear bumpers.
Ditto.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a question relevant to BB and WT buyers. Has anyone figured out if the bumper on the right with the tow shackles and fogs in the plastic bumper available on any trims? I'm BB and will be looking for the inserts that allow a shackle in this location, maybe from Ford Parts.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 2.3L Manual Sasquatch Package 2021 Bronco 1

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question relevant to BB and WT buyers. Has anyone figured out if the bumper on the right with the tow shackles and fogs in the plastic bumper available on any trims? I'm BB and will be looking for the inserts that allow a shackle in this location, maybe from Ford Parts.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Order.....Standard front bumper or Modular front bumper?! 2.3L Manual Sasquatch Package 2021 Bronco 1
The bumper on the right is the capable front bumper which is not available for MY21 and was removed from the B&P tool (cost roughly $1000). Love the looks on it too

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ended up going with the heavy-duty modular for the upgraded armor, and it looks much better IMO. Will add aftermarket lights run by an aux switch.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bumper on the right is the capable front bumper which is not available for MY21 and was removed from the B&P tool (cost roughly $1000). Love the looks on it too
Has Ford confirmed that the capable bumper will be an option in MY22?. I’ve done some searching and can’t seem to get a definitive answer to that.

Bob

Sponsored

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has Ford confirmed that the capable bumper will be an option in MY22?. I’ve done some searching and can’t seem to get a definitive answer to that.

Bob
I don’t think so, but I suspect there will be more bumper options to come.

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is something I’m debating daily

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plan was the stock Plastic after going to the OKC car show the heavy-duty modular won me over. People said it looked cheap but personally I thought it looked great.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ended up going with the heavy-duty modular for the upgraded armor, and it looks much better IMO. Will add aftermarket lights run by an aux switch.
Someone will come up with lights that fit the end of the modular bumper, same as on the Raptor that will look like factory. You can also add easily to the bumper in several locations or on the optional safari bar.

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s what I’m hoping for
Someone will come up with lights that fit the end of the modular bumper, same as on the Raptor that will look like factory. You can also add easily to the bumper in several locations or on the optional safari bar.

Sponsored

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going aftermarket for front/rear bumpers, frame mounted sliders and under armor. I prefer the looks and functionality of the aftermarket ones available for other vehicles and they'll be available for the Bronco soon enough. They'll also have a better solution for mounting a winch if you go that route.
Ditto my thoughts exactly. The bumpers will be the first thing I upgrade.Tire carrier for the rear and something better looking than the factory modular on the front

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The modular is "modular." Not only it is steel, but the ends can be removed and replaced with aftermarket accessories. There may be non now, but I suspect there soon will be.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are the odds that aftermarket bumpers will give us better options at the same or lower price ($900) compared to mod bumper?
Short of fabricating your own (and calculating the cost of your own labor - assuming you own the necessary tools), it's not entirely likely that you'll find something that offers better bang for the buck since Ford is building these en-masse.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After recently pricing what it's going to cost for skid plates and whatnot, if you can live without a winch, I would most definitely get the mod bumper and add the heavy duty plates from the factory... Much cheaper.

But because I'm going to put a winch on, which means I'm going to do a different front bumper, and since you can't get the skid plates without the bumper, I'm going to stick with the stock plastic one.. I wish I had better choices.
Sponsored