First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, CJ7, JK rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do all Sasquatch packages have the sway bar disco? Ordered a wildtrak today assuming it had the disco , thanks for the help. Only saw on the badlands edition it was clearly advertised. Been driving Rubicon’s since 03’ not used to all these options. Thx
Sponsored

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No SBD. It's more than capable off-road but part of me wishes mine had it. For now, I prefer all the Wildtrak trim options over the badlands. I do think there will be an aftermarket SBD at some point in the future. I ordered a Wildtrak because I wanted a "loaded" Bronco but basic bumpers and undersides so I can purchase aftermarket skid plates, bumpers and accessories. "Sport" and "Baja" modes are worth it.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a WT on order status for 2023 (hate the interior sandstone and trim color of 21 & 22s) but Wildtrak competes with the Jeep Sahara for desert 'racing' while the Badlands competes with the Jeep Rubicon for rock crawling... hence the FSBD.
And yes, cannot believe the most expensive trim level and the crappiest choice for interior... STILL in 2022's...

Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No SBD. It's more than capable off-road but part of me wishes mine had it. For now, I prefer all the Wildtrak trim options over the badlands. I do think there will be an aftermarket SBD at some point in the future. I ordered a Wildtrak because I wanted a "loaded" Bronco but basic bumpers and undersides so I can purchase aftermarket skid plates, bumpers and accessories. "Sport" and "Baja" modes are worth it.
Badlands has Baja mode. Also I don't think an aftermarket Sta-bar disconnect will work anywhere as easily as the one on the Badlands models.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just switched from WT to BL. BL does not have sport mode, but DOES have baja mode. I like sport mode but not a fan of the interior on the WT and also like the sway bar disconnect.. Someone also posted that for 2022 the painted side view mirrors were gone on the WT. All personal preference.
The desert racing is all marketing. Both trims can rock crawl with locking diffs. you can argue the sway bar disconnect makes the BL more equipped to rock crawl.
Nothing in the WT make it more of a desert pre-runner than the BL except maybe fords web page.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

haven driven the Wildtrack off road I can tell you that the Baja mode revs higher before shifting than the other modes, and adjusts the traction system for high speed off road surfaces, meaning surfaces with less grip. Sport mode is for on road, traction system adjusts for a surface that is going to have grip, and it has a bit better throttle response.

Don't let anybody tell you the Baja mode and sport mode are the same. They are not.

at the off roadeo the wildtrack did everything the badlands did, just with more leaning because of less travel. There was a Badlands that got stuck on some rocks, but that was 100% the driver. My 2 cents is unless you are going to be doing some major rock crawling, you won't need the badlands. unless you plan on doing higher speed off roading like sand dunes, or high speed off road courses, you don't really need Baja mode. I went with the wildtrack because I will be on road more than off road so I wanted the sport mode. I don't plan on doing the Rubicon or crawling over any large boulders so I opted not to do the badlands. I was questing my decision till I went to the Off Roadeo, now I don't have any question, that for me the wildtrack was a better fit. It's not better or worse than the badlands, it's different. Your bronco needs to be like your shoes, wear according to what your going to be using it for and it's good for you. None of this why didn't you get the badlands stuff. I didn't get it because it's my 59K to spend and that's what I wanted.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

haven driven the Wildtrack off road I can tell you that the Baja mode revs higher before shifting than the other modes, and adjusts the traction system for high speed off road surfaces, meaning surfaces with less grip. Sport mode is for on road, traction system adjusts for a surface that is going to have grip, and it has a bit better throttle response.

Don't let anybody tell you the Baja mode and sport mode are the same. They are not.

at the off roadeo the wildtrack did everything the badlands did, just with more leaning because of less travel. There was a Badlands that got stuck on some rocks, but that was 100% the driver. My 2 cents is unless you are going to be doing some major rock crawling, you won't need the badlands. unless you plan on doing higher speed off roading like sand dunes, or high speed off road courses, you don't really need Baja mode. I went with the wildtrack because I will be on road more than off road so I wanted the sport mode. I don't plan on doing the Rubicon or crawling over any large boulders so I opted not to do the badlands. I was questing my decision till I went to the Off Roadeo, now I don't have any question, that for me the wildtrack was a better fit. It's not better or worse than the badlands, it's different. Your bronco needs to be like your shoes, wear according to what your going to be using it for and it's good for you. None of this why didn't you get the badlands stuff. I didn't get it because it's my 59K to spend and that's what I wanted.
When I asked about sport mode missing from the FE, I was told at the Off-Roadeo that Baja and Sport are the same except for the 2WD vs. 4WD setting. Was told to just put in Baja and switch to 2 wheel drive and set traction control to my preference.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrak competes with the Jeep Sahara for desert 'racing'
🙋‍♂️ Wondering how the WT is more of a desert racer and competes with the Sahara more than say a Base with Sasquatch? Answer: It doesn't. WT only has extra mall crawler options, nothing anthing more to do with desert racing than any other Bronco trim with Sasquatch package. In fact it lost the only mall crawler package that made it special, the blackout trim. If you want trims with desert racing components, choose BD or BL.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always thought this, but resisted saying it. I know I will get A LOT of crap for saying this, but...

The Wildtrak, functionally, is a pointless trim. It lacks the sway bar disco, badlands has Baja mode too, sport mode is pointless in an off road vehicle (in my opinion), and Wildtrak has the same suspension as badlands. And, if the Wildtrak a desert runner why did Ford run the stock badlands in the Baja 1000? Which has a podium finish.

I think aesthetically the Wildtrak looks the best. And I actually like the sandstone interior. But, I think Ford should ditch the Wildtrak trim, and just offer cloth on badlands in addition to the MGV and leather. It would streamline production.

Okay, let me have it. Tell me I am an idiot. And, for the record, I am not hating on anyone that ordered one. Like I said, I think Wildtrak looks the best.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have always thought this, but resisted saying it. I know I will get A LOT of crap for saying this, but...

The Wildtrak, functionally, is a pointless trim. It lacks the sway bar disco, badlands has Baja mode too, sport mode is pointless in an off road vehicle (in my opinion), and Wildtrak has the same suspension as badlands. And, if the Wildtrak a desert runner why did Ford run the stock badlands in the Baja 1000? Which has a podium finish.

I think aesthetically the Wildtrak looks the best. And I actually like the sandstone interior. But, I think Ford should ditch the Wildtrak trim, and just offer cloth on badlands in addition to the MGV and leather. It would streamline production.

Okay, let me have it. Tell me I am an idiot. And, for the record, I am not hating on anyone that ordered one. Like I said, I think Wildtrak looks the best.
I agree, the WT is just a name and a trim that should not be. Same with the Big Bend. Just give the Base more options, hell call it a Big Bend, but so many trims is pointless!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
have you seen a wildtrak in person? I felt the same as you. My wife was like no way and then we saw it in person and it looks fantastic.

I have a WT on order status for 2023 (hate the interior sandstone and trim color of 21 & 22s) but Wildtrak competes with the Jeep Sahara for desert 'racing' while the Badlands competes with the Jeep Rubicon for rock crawling... hence the FSBD.
And yes, cannot believe the most expensive trim level and the crappiest choice for interior... STILL in 2022's...

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sport mode is for on road, traction system adjusts for a surface that is going to have grip, and it has a bit better throttle response.
Spot-on post, beginning to end. When I took a BaseSquatch for a ride there was a BIG difference (to me) between Normal and Sport. There is no way i would purchase this vehicle without Sport mode, especially something as weighted down as the BL is. If i didn’t get a WT i’d skip the BL and get a BD, hands down.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I asked about sport mode missing from the FE, I was told at the Off-Roadeo that Baja and Sport are the same except for the 2WD vs. 4WD setting. Was told to just put in Baja and switch to 2 wheel drive and set traction control to my preference.
Thank you for confirming what I put, sport and baja have different traction settings, and since I have no need for crawling over big rocks, i'd rather not have to fuss with switching to baja, switching to 2wd, then switching the traction. i'd rather just turn to sport and be done with it.
Sponsored