Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has to be an OBX squatched. Only model to have painted door handles. Plus when you squatch it you lose the painted fender flares. The interior color matches the leaked images for the BX as well. Plus has the running boards.
The Wildtrak originally listed body color matched door handles. And since it's basically an OBX with a higher level of standard equipment it makes some sense that they'll be standard or available. This isn't the first Wildtrak we've seen body colored handles on.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the black button at the leading edge of the door handle for lock/unlock? (with key fob in pocket) If so, the placement is dumb - it should be closer to the righthand side of the handle. I'm sure it's just the "hey, that's an ergonomic shitshow" side of me whimpering....
Yes and no.

It's not a button, it's a touch sensitive "spot" for locking. Unlocking is done on the inside of the handle. I think they moved it to the front because with the touch sensitive spot on the back where you're grabbing, you'd often hit it when trying to unlock using the inner part of the handle (your hand wraps around the handle, covering both the unlock and lock sensors at the same time).

For comparison, here is F-150's handle with the same setup with the sensor in the back of the handle - I have experience with these, and like I said it isn't a button, but you wind up hitting both sensors a lot. So they moved it to the front of Bronco's handle to avoid that. Ford also did the same setup on the 2020 Explorer, but they don't have the black button, it's just a spot on the top of the handle.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Race Red 4 Door Bronco w/ Soft Top Down & Keyless Entry Keypad 1603387198508

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OBX has color matched mirror caps if my memory serves

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actual shots of Carbonized Gray plz. I don't think we've seen an actual build in that color.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2003 is calling and they want their keypad back

Otherwise this looks great!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was initially all in for the Wildtrak but after the initial pre-production version shown with Farley I turned my attention to the Badlands. I’m not a fan of the satin, molded texture of the side mirror pillars right next to the smooth gloss black mirror caps. Black badging and hood graphic are nice but easy to swap or add. Not a fan that you can see the holes or rivets below the doors. Rock rails look to cover those as well. Nothing that isn’t fixable but the appearance bits don’t do it for me as much as I thought and I’d rather get the swaybar disconnect and MGV if prices are similar if configured near the same.

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we know the OBX standard height running board step-up is 16" (per another thread with ruler) can I assume this Bronco's step-up is something like 18"?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, Wildtrak is just a beefed up OBX? Not feeling this at all. No wonder they’re working on a Warthog.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keypad delete for me. And the sidesteps do nothing to hide that suspect pinch seam on the rockers. Fortunately at 6'4" they just get in the way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanna see a picture of you eating a chicken salad sandwich in that Bronco right there. That's the footage we're missing!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes it even worse that no pics have slipped out in that color?
Sponsored