Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WARNING: complaint coming

Im sorry but Im just really not digging ANY of the tire/wheel packages on the Bronco.

Ive never really liked Goodyear tires and these 315s look small, maybe its the wheel width/offset.

And the Sasquatch wheels are just plain ugly in my opinion.

The Big Bend wheels might be my favorite of all!

I love the looks of the BD steelies, but I really would prefer the lighter weight of an alloy.

The tire/wheel package is really the only thing turning me off the Squatch package, because I know I wont be happy with them and will want to replace with Black Rhinos, Methods, or 1552s and BFGs, and that is just more $$$$$

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never heard of him and don't give a shit. It was just a joke.
Easy big fella just pointing out that it was the Ford Motorcraft funny car driver whose family has been drag racing Fords for 60 years now.

RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is the deal with the keypad? Isn't that two decade old technology and does anyone actually like the way that looks? Or is it just me that thinks that looks horrible?

Update.... Just saw some other posts stating the same thing... guess it's not just me...lol! WTF FORD!!

Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things.

1) I've said it before, the keypad is the same I have on my 2019 Ranger and it's godawful. I miss the hardwired, FUNCTIONING, integrated keypads I had on my Explorer, Escape, and F-150s......skip it.

2) Any word on what get us the black Bronco on the back? I've only seen it blacked out in these photos and one cyber orange one from around launch date. Potentially some sort of "black appearance package" which Ford loves? Or is it trim-specific?

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
these goodyear tires look like those cheap-ass chinese Atturos

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lbryja

First Edition
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is it just me or do 35" tires on the Bronco look way smaller than they do on a Wrangler?

Reactions: Ipe

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Total scientific study
my three fords (in the past) with keypads, never had an issue with battery. Also I was only using it ~ once a month too
I have never used the keypad on any of my Fords. Just doesn’t interest me.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes and no.

It's not a button, it's a touch sensitive "spot" for locking. Unlocking is done on the inside of the handle. I think they moved it to the front because with the touch sensitive spot on the back where you're grabbing, you'd often hit it when trying to unlock using the inner part of the handle (your hand wraps around the handle, covering both the unlock and lock sensors at the same time).

For comparison, here is F-150's handle with the same setup with the sensor in the back of the handle - I have experience with these, and like I said it isn't a button, but you wind up hitting both sensors a lot. So they moved it to the front of Bronco's handle to avoid that. Ford also did the same setup on the 2020 Explorer, but they don't have the black button, it's just a spot on the top of the handle.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Race Red 4 Door Bronco w/ Soft Top Down & Keyless Entry Keypad 1603388233415
Appreciate the clarification. My Fiesta has a button in a similar spot, so I assumed that Ford "goofed" on the door handle's design.....

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who's up for buying a 1st generation Bronco and assuming perfection? I know I am!
EXACTLY! This is something I noted to someone a few months ago. The early Bronco was a simple vehicle and was by some standards crudely made. The FORD on the tailgate was white that looks like it was painted with a roller (probably was), the gas filler neck has a large punched hole through the quarter panel with three sheetmetal screws running through the quarter panel holding it on, and the door unlock knob passes through a punch hole in the door with no thought to adding a beauty ring or something to cover the gap.

If the new Bronco were made like the original, folks would lose their minds. At least those that haven't lived with the old ones.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a cure to this color issue! Ford needs to act like lambo and Ferrari and let the owners have an open color pallet ?. I’d be willing to spend an extra 1k plus for this option!

nmt77

Badlands
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd always wondered why professional photography was so expensive (aside from equipment costs). The leaked photos during this launch have seriously adjusted my perspective.
As a semi-professional photographer I can appreciate this ;-)
Sponsored