indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the review. What did you think of the Rapid Red? Did it seem red or more maroon? I have yet to see it in-person on a Bronco.
Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Soft tops have a specific way they need to be folded back. Check the 40sec mark. Material should be tucked and pulled back as far as possbile. But good review. Having a soft top JK you get used to doing that.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That front license plate mount is horrible, I’ll risk the ticket and not put it on.
I gotta believe that there will be/are alternatives. Not a biggie.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only for dealer demos. Rumor has it they will have to put a hard top on it before they can sell it but I dunno.

And I don't think they will be rare because you can order the dual top (or soft top added) at some point.

OP Question... So you stated that the 2.7 was spirited. Do you think the 2.3 would be good or lacking? When I drove a different one, I could definitely tell I would not like the smaller engine as Sasquatched

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the review. What did you think of the Rapid Red? Did it seem red or more maroon? I have yet to see it in-person on a Bronco.
No, it was definitely red. Very much like the Redfire on my 05 Mustang, only a bit darker. Candy Apple Red?

Sponsored
OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Soft tops have a specific way they need to be folded back. Check the 40sec mark. Material should be tucked and pulled back as far as possbile. But good review. Having a soft top JK you get used to doing that.
I figured there must be a solution. The dealer had it open when I first got to see it. I should have played with it more. Thanks!

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only for dealer demos. Rumor has it they will have to put a hard top on it before they can sell it but I dunno.

And I don't think they will be rare because you can order the dual top (or soft top added) at some point.

OP Question... So you stated that the 2.7 was spirited. Do you think the 2.3 would be good or lacking? When I drove a different one, I could definitely tell I would not like the smaller engine as Sasquatched
Sorry, I really can't comment on that with any proof since I haven't driven the 2.3L in any vehicle. My guess is that I wouldn't be as satisfied with the 2.3L with the Sasquatch package with the 35" wheels, and even just because of the size/weight of the truck. My dealer (my cousin) highly recommended the 2.7L for these very reasons, so that's what I ordered.
Sponsored