Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford says the Wildtrak is the high speed off-roader, but is there an actual suspension difference between the Wildtrak and the First Edition (which is the Badlands suspension with the Sasquatch package)?

Will the First Edition be just as capable at high speed off-roading, but with the disconnect?
Sponsored

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford says the Wildtrak is the high speed off-roader, but is there an actual suspension difference between the Wildtrak and the First Edition (which is the Badlands suspension with the Sasquatch package)?

Will the First Edition be just as capable at high speed off-roading, but with the disconnect?
The real question is why can't i get them on 33s!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is with the huge price difference, Wildtrak will have a unique suspension setup to some degree.

OP
OP

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My guess is with the huge price difference, Wildtrak will have a unique suspension setup to some degree.
I checked out the trim level sheet again and realized compared to the Badlands, the Wildtrak comes with the 10-speed auto, the 2.7L, the Sasquatch package, and the mid package. I guess that might also add to the difference.
The sheet says “Bronco Badlands comes with its own unique heavy-duty suspension that includes a front stabilizer bar disconnect”

Sponsored

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak is as close as you can get to a Bronco Raptor until they make the real thing in 2022-2023!

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
so if you had the badlands with the sasquatch pckg ,would you mot have a wildtrack with a swaybar disconnect which is like the first edition ?

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
so if you had the badlands with the sasquatch pckg ,would you mot have a wildtrack with a swaybar disconnect which is like the first edition ?
I think so

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes.

How fast you want to travel off-road with a disco, though... remember that for kinetic energy the velocity is squared. I wouldn't hit the whoops with it until a year into production to see if anyone else finds weaknesses.

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
do you mean sway bar disconnected when you say Disco ?

in another thread i surmized that all the bilseins are the same and thier operating modes are set up with the rotary dial ,so a badlands with sasquatwatch package should ride the same as the widetrack if the same modes are selected .

agree or disagree ?

Sponsored

Mountain Man

Badlands
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
do you mean sway bar disconnected when you say Disco ?

in another thread i surmized that all the bilseins are the same and thier operating modes are set up with the rotary dial ,so a badlands with sasquatwatch package should ride the same as the widetrack if the same modes are selected .

agree or disagree ?
One thing I agree with is that we should now refer to it as the sasquatwatch package!

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No, the Badlands comes with manual and 2.3l engine.

FE comes with the Auto and 2.7l plus the Badlands suspension, All the GOAT modes and the Sasquatch

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, the Badlands comes with manual and 2.3l engine.

FE comes with the Auto and 2.7l plus the Badlands suspension, All the GOAT modes and the Sasquatch

I forgot to include the 2.7 engine and auto lol

so if I had the 2.7 auto with sasq on the badlands , would I have a FE less the graphics and badging ?
Would I have the 7 GOAT modes ?

Thanks

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I forgot to include the 2.7 engine and auto lol

so if I had the 2.7 auto with sasq on the badlands , would I have a FE less the graphics and badging ?
Would I have the 7 GOAT modes ?

Thanks
Yes you have the 7 GOAT modes, and all the features of the big bend, you would still be missing the three option packages;
MID
Two-door Intelligent Access with lock and unlock functionality, 110V/150W AC power outlet, ambient footwell lighting, auto-dimming rearview mirror, dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, heated front seats, illuminated visor mirrors, Remote Start System (automatic transmission only), Reverse Sensing System, subscription navigation with three month trial, SYNC 4 with enhanced voice recognition, Ford Co-Pilot360TM including Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, BLIS® with Cross- Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps and rearview camera with backup assist grid lines

HIGH
Mid Package content, plus 12-inch center stack touchscreen, 360-degree camera, additional sound deadening, Forward Sensing System, sideview mirror LED approach lamps d spotlight

LUX
High Package content, plus Adaptive Cruise Control; 10-speaker B&O Sound System*; Evasive Steering Assist; heated steering wheel; universal garage door opener; two additional front row USB smart-charging ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System and wireless charging pad

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Trims-Sheet.pdf

So, when you add all that up, and then add leather trimmed seats and the graphics, you would have a First Edition.
Sponsored

Last edited: