TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any other Wildtrak orderers thinking about switching to a soft top? I've been going back and forth. I really don't want a soft top but the wait is getting crazy. Thinking about waiting as long as I can hoping that there'll be some positive news on hardtops for 22. If there's no positive news then I'll most likely switch to a soft top. It'll suck to switch to a soft top which locks you into not getting a hardtop until at least 23 when there's a chance that if you just keep the hardtop on your 22 order, you could get it in 22. I'm a 7/16 reservation. To wait or not to wait. I don't freakin know.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a real Wildtrack (as designed) cannot be had before the Mod top is ready. Ford claims 2023 MY, which means maybe it will be ready before 2024. If you are entertaining a second roof downgrade, perhaps going with the OBX might be something to consider.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea to me the WildTrak needs the black painted roof to match the grill mirrors. Just looks odd to me with different color roof.

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i made the decision and switched to soft i was settling for the mic top anyway ill get the mod top i really want in 23 when they make them

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
a real Wildtrack (as designed) cannot be had before the Mod top is ready. Ford claims 2023 MY, which means maybe it will be ready before 2024. If you are entertaining a second roof downgrade, perhaps going with the OBX might be something to consider.
There are a lot of other things about the Wildtrak that make me want that trim outside of it originally coming with the mod top. Yes, I did want the mod top at the time of deciding I wanted the Wildtrak but it was just one of many things. I really like the black branding. The interior I've actually grown to really like. The area 51 stitching matched my paint choice. The rims are my favorite of the options. The goat modes are the ones I want. I want the black on the hood. Pretty much everything about the Wildtrak is what I want so now I'm just trying to figure out if I should get the soft top for now while I wait for hardtops to be available for retail or keep the hardtop on my order and hope 7/16 is early enough to get one in like spring of 22. If I switch to the soft top, I think I have a good chance of getting mine in the spring. Not sure if I switch that'll be the same.

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a lot of other things about the Wildtrak that make me want that trim outside of it originally coming with the mod top. Yes, I did want the mod top at the time of deciding I wanted the Wildtrak but it was just one of many things. I really like the black branding. The interior I've actually grown to really like. The area 51 stitching matched my paint choice. The rims are my favorite of the options. The goat modes are the ones I want. I want the black on the hood. Pretty much everything about the Wildtrak is what I want so now I'm just trying to figure out if I should get the soft top for now while I wait for hardtops to be available for retail or keep the hardtop on my order and hope 7/16 is early enough to get one in like spring of 22. If I switch to the soft top, I think I have a good chance of getting mine in the spring. Not sure if I switch that'll be the same.
I switched to soft top because I need a vehicle sooner rather than later. If I had to wait for a 22 or 23 I would have to buy a vehicle to drive and that would cost me at least as much as a hard top later.

soft top now and mod top when available might be better than MIC.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Waiting for more news. Those that are saying they switched to soft top, did you switch trims to get there? Or was your dealer able to change it on the WT already? I'm hell bent on staying the course and maybe Ford throwing us a MGV bonus to sweeten the pot.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I switched to soft top because I need a vehicle sooner rather than later. If I had to wait for a 22 or 23 I would have to buy a vehicle to drive and that would cost me at least as much as a hard top later.

soft top now and mod top when available might be better than MIC.
That makes sense and yeah soft top now and wait for mod top might be what I do.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Waiting for more news. Those that are saying they switched to soft top, did you switch trims to get there? Or was your dealer able to change it on the WT already? I'm hell bent on staying the course and maybe Ford throwing us a MGV bonus to sweeten the pot.
I believe in the Ford FAQ it says, your dealer can switch to a soft top for your Wildtrak now but it won't get scheduled till 22.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doesn't matter when you want a 2dr. IF they ever allow a 2dr soft top from factory... that's what I want... and I'll switch my Trim level accordingly.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Currently have a WT on order. Non intention of chaging to a soft top. I'd like the painted modular, so holding out for MY23.

If something else comes out before then that I'm interested in, I'd potentially switch models. Hard top no matter what unless they put out a softop that doesn't look like shit before then

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s MOD top or bust for me. As mentioned, the Wildtrak was designed with it so it must have it. The flat black MIC or soft top looks terrible with the gloss parts.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The MIC actually matches the flares pretty darn good!
IF WildTrak does have a soft top option come '22 and there are still MIC issues, I will switch to expedite delivery and cross-fingers for a nice aftermarket in white.

Will not switch until '22 options are available - because if your dealer does it now, it will switch you out of a WildTrak and you have to add Squatch & all, costing you more.

Either way, I also have a 2nd reservation from 8/2/20 that I have yet to convert and will order a 2nd (Loaded Raptor or special edition) with a mod or hardtop, then I can sell one to put any profit into the other.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe in the Ford FAQ it says, your dealer can switch to a soft top for your Wildtrak now but it won't get scheduled till 22.
Best to wait to see how it plays out, especially regarding the locked-in pricing. Don't what to do anything to upset that apple cart.
Sponsored