Wildtrak vs. Badlands + Sasquatch...

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The key is that you haven't actually ordered anything. The trim and doors you selected will probably just be used by Ford as an early indicator of what's gonna be popular, but you are not locked into them. I think they could have avoided a lot of confusion with the reservations by allowing just two options when you put the 100 bucks down: First Edition and not First Edition lol (don't even let you select trim yet, basically).
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I'm reading that is you can make changes at time of ordering, it doesn't say you can choose a different class or trim level bronco.
Considering that you’ve only chosen trim and doors, what else would you be changing at the time of order? ??‍♂

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, I reserved a Base but now I’m thinking Wildtrak or Badlands. No way Ford is telling me No, you can only buy a Base. Conversely, someone who reserved a Wildtrak but wants to buy a Base because their finances changed. No way Ford is turning down a sale!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I reserved a Wildtrak, but after further review it seems like the better route would be to go Badlands+Sasquatch. As far as I can tell the only drawback would be lack of carpeted floors, which I do not want anyway.

Is there something special (different) about the Wildtrak mechanically that I am missing that I would not get with Badlands+Sasquatch?
Hardtop and v6.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I've been working with the pricing model that has been posted here using the most relevant option pricing that came from the survey a while back.

Wildtrak with Lux, tow package, roof rack, modular front + bash = MSRP of $55,670

Badlands with 2.7L auto, sasquatch, Lux, tow package, roof rack = MSRP of $55,590

Difference of $80 bucks.

With the Wildtrak you get the shadow black hardtop and the sport GOAT mode that won't be on the Badlands configuration.

With the Badlands you get the steel rear bumper, sway bar disconnect, and the rock crawl GOAT mode, that won't be on the Wildtrak.

Items I still am concerned about between these two configurations:
- With the MIC top on the Badlands, I don't believe that the additional noise reduction would be available.
- I would prefer to have the sport GOAT mode, but I also would prefer to have the steel real bumper.

Still struggling, but if I was forced to make the decision today, I'd probably go with the Badlands config. vs. the Wildtrak. Build and price will likely help clarify.

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've been working with the pricing model that has been posted here using the most relevant option pricing that came from the survey a while back.

Wildtrak with Lux, tow package, roof rack, modular front + bash = MSRP of $55,670

Badlands with 2.7L auto, sasquatch, Lux, tow package, roof rack = MSRP of $55,590

Difference of $80 bucks.

With the Wildtrak you get the shadow black hardtop and the sport GOAT mode that won't be on the Badlands configuration.

With the Badlands you get the steel rear bumper, sway bar disconnect, and the rock crawl GOAT mode, that won't be on the Wildtrak.

- With the MIC top on the Badlands, I don't believe that the additional noise reduction would be available.
- I would prefer to have the sport GOAT mode, but I also would prefer to have the steel real bumper.

Still struggling, but if I was forced to make the decision today, I'd probably go with the Badlands config. vs. the Wildtrak. Build and price will likely help clarify.
Hey Buddy... stay off my computer!

Ford Bronco Wildtrak vs. Badlands + Sasquatch... 1602781971123

J/K... that’s my current build on the Badlands... great minds, my friend.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just built a wildtrack fully loaded with all the bash plates etc added, it's several thousand less than the badlands.. with the v6 and sasquatch.. there is a strong argument to be made for just doing the wildtrack and adding a quick disconnect to the swaybar, budgetwise. Though from experience when i had a sahara jeep and did the disco.. it's not always fun to crawl under a muddy car and find a perfectly level spot to disco on/off.. and if you want to drive fast between obstacles you have to stop and get out before and after.. if budget isn't a concern.. the badlands is the way to go.. but if you want the look and perfomance with out convenience, and some cost savings wildtrack makes sense.. Though i am not sure about the sandstone interior in the pics i have seen..

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Difference of $80 bucks.

Looks like you get MIC Top now with the Wildtrak as well?

JBoi-ET

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4/ Expy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just built a wildtrack fully loaded with all the bash plates etc added, it's several thousand less than the badlands.. with the v6 and sasquatch.. there is a strong argument to be made for just doing the wildtrack and adding a quick disconnect to the swaybar, budgetwise. Though from experience when i had a sahara jeep and did the disco.. it's not always fun to crawl under a muddy car and find a perfectly level spot to disco on/off.. and if you want to drive fast between obstacles you have to stop and get out before and after.. if budget isn't a concern.. the badlands is the way to go.. but if you want the look and perfomance with out convenience, and some cost savings wildtrack makes sense.. Though i am not sure about the sandstone interior in the pics i have seen..
Not a fan of the wildtrack interior at all, might be the only reason I go badlands.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a Wildtrak, but after further review it seems like the better route would be to go Badlands+Sasquatch. As far as I can tell the only drawback would be lack of carpeted floors, which I do not want anyway.

Is there something special (different) about the Wildtrak mechanically that I am missing that I would not get with Badlands+Sasquatch?
I really like the idea of washable rubber floors with drain plugs, and the marine grade vinyl. However, I don't know that I could bring myself to hose out the interior of a $60k vehicle. But still pretty cool!

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badsquatch for me, on that point and the lovely beuaty ring, and disconnect..
Squatchlands for me! OK, doesn't sound as good. Badsquatch it is! I just wish the interior detail colors could match the exterior paint color. Orange grab handles with a race red exterior??

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatchlands for me! OK, doesn't sound as good. Badsquatch it is! I just wish the interior detail colors could match the exterior paint color. Orange grab handles with a race red exterior??
i totally agree, the yellow line with the area 51 color i want is going to be off.. i did see on some video somewhere that they are removable so you can switch them out.. but really who will go thru the trouble.. maybe someone with the yellow/orange color will want to trade with me on here..

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
i totally agree, the yellow line with the area 51 color i want is going to be off.. i did see on some video somewhere that they are removable so you can switch them out.. but really who will go thru the trouble.. maybe someone with the yellow/orange color will want to trade with me on here..
I'm up for trading if my final colors don't work for me!

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what happened to the "orange delete" for the seats. I swear last fall there was someone who said it would be possible to get black stitching on the BL.
Sponsored