Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatchlands for me! OK, doesn't sound as good. Badsquatch it is! I just wish the interior detail colors could match the exterior paint color. Orange grab handles with a race red exterior??
Ordered the same model and color but will be a '22 so can change if something new comes along. I considered the Wildcat since not really crazy about the metal bumpers. Figured could save money and go aftermarket when something comes along. But you'd be giving up the floor and sway disconnect of which both I don't really need but want, lol.
Sponsored

cubes32

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just built a wildtrack fully loaded with all the bash plates etc added, it's several thousand less than the badlands.. with the v6 and sasquatch.. there is a strong argument to be made for just doing the wildtrack and adding a quick disconnect to the swaybar, budgetwise. Though from experience when i had a sahara jeep and did the disco.. it's not always fun to crawl under a muddy car and find a perfectly level spot to disco on/off.. and if you want to drive fast between obstacles you have to stop and get out before and after.. if budget isn't a concern.. the badlands is the way to go.. but if you want the look and perfomance with out convenience, and some cost savings wildtrack makes sense.. Though i am not sure about the sandstone interior in the pics i have seen..
The sandstone leather/vinyl interior is pretty nice, to be honest, other than the non-matching blue on the handles and vents. Can't vouch for the camo cloth though, haven't seen that in person

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm up for trading if my final colors don't work for me!
The sandstone leather/vinyl interior is pretty nice, to be honest, other than the non-matching blue on the handles and vents. Can't vouch for the camo cloth though, haven't seen that in person
I really wish I had gone out to king of hammers last week so I could of seen them, was only 2 hours from my house

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just built a wildtrack fully loaded with all the bash plates etc added, it's several thousand less than the badlands.. with the v6 and sasquatch.. .

I have been looking at those configurations while I have a momentary rethink on the manual transmission due to the added features of the 2.7/auto combo and my sore knee acting up. (It happens... I will return to the manual soon enough.)

I loaded up a (2-doors) BL and matched a WT to it and even if I cheat a bit and leave the cloth interior instead of going with the partial leather to more accurately match the BL, The pricing differences is no where near $3000+, nor is it ever less than the Badlands (lux in both) after adding the bumpers and bash plates.

Can you share the build you are looking at please, I am just not seeing where you are getting numbers like that?

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been looking at those configurations while I have a momentary rethink on the manual transmission due to the added features of the 2.7/auto combo and my sore knee acting up. (It happens... I will return to the manual soon enough.)

I loaded up a (2-doors) BL and matched a WT to it and even if I cheat a bit and leave the cloth interior instead of going with the partial leather to more accurately match the BL, The pricing differences is no where near $3000+, nor is it ever less than the Badlands (lux in both) after adding the bumpers and bash plates.

Can you share the build you are looking at please, I am just not seeing where you are getting numbers like that?
This is what I just did. Both 2 doors, lux, headliners, tow, HD bumper and bash plates on the WT- cloth interior...of course both have 2.7

The BL comes in about $2100 more

987A9AED-9B43-45D1-AE97-CA89753A38EB.png

49278D88-838B-490B-A540-5130A7BA4D3C.png

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it, $2000, but it it seems that the BL is the cheaper one, not the WT like you said. In my part of the country, 'several' means three or more while a 'couple' would have been the $2000, so that is part of the misunderstanding, but I cannot seem to configure them remotely similarly and have the WT turn out cheaper, it is always the other way around. can you show the list of build items, It really is bugging me that I cannot figure it out, gotta be something simple.

edit;figured it out, thanks

the cloth interior as opposed to the vinyl/leather option is the major difference. I would have added the leather in the WT to the pricing as it is much closer to the MGV than the cloth. Just to get them as equal as possible.

bonus edit; if you are okay with cloth in the WT, try building a cloth SQ'd Outer Banks, I believe it will come up $700 cheaper with the only difference being just the front skid plate vs the all underbody ones. Gets you a lot of different interior choices to consider

Last edited:

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would have to build it out again, it’s entirely possible I missed something that caused the price difference

Sponsored

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

A-Will33

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT and 1987 F250 single cab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
New to this whole thing... I ordered a wildtrak, but I'm thinking of switching to badsquatch. When I build it with all the same options it's $3500 more. Is that right? Seems like the main difference is the MGV, sway bar disco and the rock crawl mode? In Kentucky so not a lot of sand dunes around here...

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New to this whole thing... I ordered a wildtrak, but I'm thinking of switching to badsquatch. When I build it with all the same options it's $3500 more. Is that right? Seems like the main difference is the MGV, sway bar disco and the rock crawl mode? In Kentucky so not a lot of sand dunes around here...
Rock rails, modular front bumper, skid plates.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you need full on rock stuff get the BL, if you don't need the sway disconnect or the upper packages get BD. Otherwise if you Sasquatch all the trims there is no difference between all the plastic parts you get, just pick the interior/color handles, mirrors you like best.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rock rails, modular front bumper, skid plates.
@A-Will33 in addition you ditch Sport mode and get the washout (rubberized?) floors. I did the same thing you're doing and went thought months of insanity (actually, I started at OBX, realized once fully-built that WT made way more sense... then couldn't help but nudge the needle a bit more to the BadSquatch (or whatever the kids are calling it)).
My personal opinion is by the time I could justify getting to the WT level, it really made sense for me to go ahead and do the dang thing right. Plus, I'm a sucker for the 12" screen (so BD was out) and MGV (and I am not a fan of the WT interior) so if I was already flirting with the mid-$50Ks for my Bronco, I may as well.
But that's just me in my situation and budget. Everyone's got their own "gotta-have's" and I think everyone is gonna be happy with their own rig. Even though mine probably will be in 2027 😭

Cheers man! 🍻
Sponsored