First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Gloss painted grill and mirror caps on the WT would have to go if I went that route . Those are easily painted whatever you want though . You can option the front modular bumper but I just can't live with that huge flat piece of crap rear plastic bumper :( FORD just doesn't want anyone to have the perfect Bronco it seems .
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Decided for shits and grins to go back and review my build costs in the B&P after Ford made the recent changes. The builds I've been comparing have been the following:

- WildTrak
- Badlands squatched
- Badlands non-squatched with upgraded wheels and 33" AT BFG's
- OBX squatched

all are optioned similarly with lux package, aux switches and MIC tops.

With the badlands increasing in price by $1,595 for the 10 spd. auto, it is interestingly now showing the following price differentials to the WildTrak:

- Badlands squatched +$1,970
- Badlands non-squatched. +$470
- OBX squatched +$550

The auto swaybar disco isn't worth $1,970
And for $470 less, I'll take the full squatch of the WT
And if the OBX was $550 less, I might be tempted, but definitely not paying $550 more.

WildTrak it is...assuming the costs in the B&P hold up.
I love how everyone is posting Bronco trim costs according to how they'd build it. Seems silly b/c No matter how you slice it,

-- every non OBX trim & spec w/2.7L got $1595 more expensive relative to WILDTRAK!

I was set on 4Dr Badlands 2.7L which was pushing my price sensitivity zone. Never considered a Wildtrak before, but now I am.

Last edited:

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I am pretty close on this one.

Badlands 2 door squatch, 2.7 auto, MGV, Lux, Cyber ?, mats, hitch $56,010
Wildtrak 2 door, Lux, leather, Cyber ?, mats, hitch, tube step
$56,005

super sweet off road machine vs super sweet cruiser with leather. Both more capable than me, probably only keep until the Warthog comes out if I like it, or if I miss my Raptor I will trade into the new one in 2022.

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You need to make sure you match all features So its really apples to apples.

I have been doing the exact same thing and my pricing is very close Between the 3.

OB / BL / WT. 2 door

All have
10 speed auto
sasquach
MIC top
Advanced 4x4
High package
Heavy Duty Bumper
Bash plates
Aux Switches
floor mats

Note: must add those to get to similar specs Due to each having different standard items.

OBX - $50610
Badlands: $52525
Wildtracks: $50755

Differences
OBX: cloth seats, carpeted floor
Badlands: Marine Vinyl, rubber floor with drains, disco bar, rear steel bumper and (possibly rock rails unclear)
Wildtracks: cloth seats, carpeted floor

So badlands is a little under $2k with similar available specs more BUT has the disconnect bar, MGV and the washout floor. Those are probably worth 2k to me. Honestly dont really care about the disconnect for my uses but like the MGV and rubber floor. Also probably like interior color more in badlands.

Also I will probably not squach mine so it would be $50030 for badlands with above specs minus sas.
I must have a different B&P. With those same options I get $55,715 for the BL and $53,250 for the WT - both prices include the destination charge. I wonder if I'm making a mistake somewhere.

EDIT - Silly me, I spec'ed it as a 4 dr not a 2 dr. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many cars have you owned where the dash is not black?

So the navy pier dash on the outerbanks is the next darkest dash to black available on the Bronco.
I don’t understand your point. I don’t like the Navy Pier dash of the OBX. I don’t like it enough and I want MGV enough that I’m willing to bail on OBX all together and get the BL even though I don’t need the disco. That was what I was getting at.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I stand corrected. I should have said every trim worth buying! ?. Seriously, OBX is the only trim I have not played with ? times in B&P. Body colored fenders and mirrors ruled that out for me from the get go.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could get only a soft top for the WT, my decision would already be made. Hard top and apartment living isn't going to cut it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My point is Navy Pier dash is closes to black. The other trims have light colored dashes and I suspect it will reflect light like crazy. This is why most Vehicles dashes are black to adsorb light and not reflect it.

I don’t understand your point. I don’t like the Navy Pier dash of the OBX. I don’t like it enough and I want MGV enough that I’m willing to bail on OBX all together and get the BL even though I don’t need the disco. That was what I was getting at.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of you are forgetting the steel rear bumper on BL. This is not gettable on the WT or the OBX unless you buy a takeoff later).

So they main differences are Steel rear bumper and sway bar disco. This is without considering MGV (vs cloth), washout floors, carb grey grill vs gloss black, MIC black mirror caps vs gloss black, MIC black door handles vs body color.

Comes down to needs and personal preference.

Edit, was typing this as @BroncoBoy22 was the first to mention this. Just surprised it took 15 posts for someone to call out this major difference.
I think the Ford steel bumpers are boring and ugly. I wouldn't pay extra for them. I'll wait until after market.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Dont forget the BL has a steel bumpers and bash plates included. It's a $825 option on the wildtrak (and OBX)
And no fog lights on a steel bumper. I deduct points for that.

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you option the modular bumper, rock rails, and bash plates in the WT are you missing any other armor from the badlands other than the steel rear? Does it have any additional protection underneath?

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you option the modular bumper, rock rails, and bash plates in the WT are you missing any other armor from the badlands other than the steel rear? Does it have any additional protection underneath?
The wording used in some of Ford's original release literature refers to BL, BD, and FE underbody protection as heavy duty bash "plates" and the option for others as bash 'plate." So that implies there is a difference. The wording in many conversations since then does not make that plural/singular distinction, so I would say it is one of the many details Ford has failed to be clear on.
Sponsored