MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't believe it took this long for someone to do this. When I was shopping Trims, it's the one item that made me look at the BD, and about the only thing I was disappointed in not getting. I figured by the time I got my Bronco, 50 guys would have done this. Congrats on being the first and Thanks for the writeup. I've had the AA one in my Walmart cart for 3 months now, pretty sure it jumped $100 since the last time I checked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems way easier to get the badlands and swap the heavy duty rack lol. That’s what I did. And upgraded to adjustable 2.5 coilovers with external resis to top it off. Plus you’d get the washout seats and a sta bar disconnect.
True, but I wanted the Hoss 3.0 as well. Love both trims!

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the killer pictures. I'm going to a write up on how to convert a non-hard top prep kit Bronco to a hard top prep-kit Bronco soon, so these will be really helpful for when I start tearing stuff apart. Just one question. How hard was it to remove the plastic curb between the rear seat and the cargo area? Need to pull the back seat out at all?
The plastic curb is secured with push pins, so not too hard, the corners clip into the trim of the seat belt cover and the center pins clip into the body. The rear seats come out with a few bolts but was a PITA.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can't believe it took this long for someone to do this. When I was shopping Trims, it's the one item that made me look at the BD, and about the only thing I was disappointed in not getting. I figured by the time I got my Bronco, 50 guys would have done this. Congrats on being the first and Thanks for the writeup. I've had the AA one in my Walmart cart for 3 months now, pretty sure it jumped $100 since the last time I checked.
Me too! It would be easier if we could choose things a la carte and truly build our own Bronco's straight from the factory. I'm surprised as well, would've been easier if someone else did it first, lol

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is your Bronco now truly a washout? Do you have drain holes to spray out?
Yes it is, I ordered the drain plugs and if you looked inside you would think you were in a Badlands, minus the color schemes lol. Its a true wash out now!

Sponsored
OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Totally not related to this post but can you reach the storage underneath the slide out tailgate while it’s installed somehow? Or is that just gone until you uninstall?
Yes you can, you just need to pull out the tailgate and then lift the cover/floor of the tailgate and you can access the storage area and jack. I store a few things above the storage area as well. pretty slim, but helpful along with the tailgate table/cabinet I installed as well.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FYI Ford cross drilled the bolt on the rear Slide-out tailgate bracket so I'll be ordering another one.
In the future, if you need a cross drilled bolt, just grab one of these and drill it yourself. Saves a lot of time and hassle trying to source hard to find hardware when you can just pick up any bolt and put your own holes in it.

For thread side
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/to/drill_saf/aerosaftblok1.php

For hex side
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/nutsaftblok.php

For Allen bolts and everything else
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/aerosaftblok2.php

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn. So it is possible. I’m begrudgingly very happy with the Sandstone cloth seats in my Big Bend (I like them, a lot, damnit!). Whenever I clean the Bronco, the dust, sand, Copenhagen crumbs, and whateverthehellelse all conspire to remind me why I hate carpet. Well done. I’m jealous. I’m guessing the absolute best, and most unlikely, option would be to find a local 4d owner who hates rubber floors as much as I hate carpet.

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You beat me to it!! Im currently working with guy to buy a 2dr washout kit. Did your dealer have the plugs or are they on backorder like my dealer says?

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A full swap parts list would be amazing...

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You beat me to it!! Im currently working with guy to buy a 2dr washout kit. Did your dealer have the plugs or are they on backorder like my dealer says?
It did take about 2 weeks to get the 4 drain plugs. I accidentally damaged one on install on May 5th, ordered another 2 (1 as a back up) the following day and I'm still waiting on the 2.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A full swap parts list would be amazing...
All I needed to swap from carpet to vinyl was the vinyl floor for the 4 dr (M2DZ-7813010-AA) and 4 drain plugs (M2DZ-78111A74-CA). I would recommend ordering an extra drain plug just incase its damaged or gets damaged on install, I believe they are on back order.

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All I needed to swap from carpet to vinyl was the vinyl floor for the 4 dr (M2DZ-7813010-AA) and 4 drain plugs (M2DZ-78111A74-CA). I would recommend ordering an extra drain plug just incase its damaged or gets damaged on install, I believe they are on back order.
yes that’s what I was told last week they are on backorder

Green_Hornet

Wildtrak
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a full washout floor for my 2 door sitting in my shed, haven’t tackled the install yet as it seems really daunting to install, so I’m guessing remove all seats and inside panels?
Sponsored