Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I finally did it! I kept going back and forth on a Badlands and Wildtrak build and eventually went with a WT only thing was I needed vinyl floors. With my dog that practically goes everywhere with me shedding and drooling as much as he does carpet is not an option. Especially coming from an Element as his old car with vinyl flooring. Against almost everyone's advice I started buying up parts while I waited for my Bronco and I kept searching for a price break on the one piece vinyl floor unit that goes under the passenger seats that is available on the Black Diamond and Badlands trim. I knew with the slide out tailgate the rear vinyl one piece wouldn't fit or work and for approx $600-$700 it wasn't worth it. So anyway, I finally lucked out on WALMART of all sites, sold through Lasco Ford titled "Genuine OE Ford Floor Mat - M2DZ-7813010-BA" (which is discontinued) and only one left. . I reached out to @flip ( who is a godsend and couldn't thank enough as much as I bug him on all the parts and part # inquiries) on the part number to make sure it's good, which it was. Apparently the BA is a good number, but the parts look up only shows AA . I think the BA must be for a different region, considering it has a hard plastic panel under the front passenger seat area that's removable and says "VIN' (pictured below) which I don't mind considering the AA goes for $900-$1000 vs the $672 I paid. So I pulled the trigger in late November 2022 and waited and researched in the meantime until my Wildtrak was finally delivered on 2/13/2023. When I received the vinyl floor it was aged, looked dusty but it was just dried out, I ended up cleaning and conditioning it with a vinyl cleaner which restored it pretty well.

It appears the only thing needed for the transition was drain plugs. Under the carpet there are drain holes and rubber caps that serve as plugs. But from the install it looks like the drain plugs actually hold down the vinyl floor. The carpet and vinyl share the same clips, so nothing else was necessary. One thing I wish I knew before hand is both the carpet and vinyl floor both have a sound deadening rubber underneath. I purchased Soundskinz which I installed after pulling up the carpet but I'm pretty sure as others mentioned most of the noise is from the tops but might as well install if I'm going to remove the seats and carpet right?

I also hate that there isn't vinyl under the slide out tailgate table so after ordering a few different vinyl car mats I found one large enough to custom cut and it worked out great. I just wish I found one with a smooth surface instead of all the ridges and grooves.

Only one issue I'm having is trying to figure out how the vinyl under the rear passenger seat stays down, every time I lift or fold my seats the vinyl floor middle piece comes down while the outer hoops are secured by the bolts holding the seats. I will check out a Badlands or Black Diamond this weekend to see how its secured.

FYI Ford cross drilled the bolt on the rear Slide-out tailgate bracket so I'll be ordering another one.

A special thank you to:
@flip
@jlatigo

Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9703
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9702
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! Carpet rubber back
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! Vin Plate
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9366 (1)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9368 (1)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9369 (1)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9550
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9419.PNG
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9360 (1)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9361 (1)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9360
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9352
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9350
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9349
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9348
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9347
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9346
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9345
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9342
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9341
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9340
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9338
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9339
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9336
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9335
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9333
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9332
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_9331
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_6975
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_6974 (1)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_6973 (1)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_6923
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_6921
Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_6920
Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are the big rubber circles in picture ten? My car came with 2 of them just loose on the floor under a seat.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What are the big rubber circles in picture ten? My car came with 2 of them just loose on the floor under a seat.
Those circles are the plugs used under carpet instead of the drain plugs on the vinyl floor. The assembly line must've left them in your truck.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You must have REALLY wanted that vinyl floor! Glad you like it.
I sure did! So glad to finally have gotten to it!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like Ford is leaving money on the table by not offering the washout floor as an upgrade option for those trims that it isn't standard. Many won't undertake the effort you did after delivery. I plan on doing the same thing on my newly delivered OBX. I have a Black Diamond that I love the washout interior.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems way easier to get the badlands and swap the heavy duty rack lol. That’s what I did. And upgraded to adjustable 2.5 coilovers with external resis to top it off. Plus you’d get the washout seats and a sta bar disconnect.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only one issue I'm having is trying to figure out how the vinyl under the rear passenger seat stays down, every time I lift or fold my seats the vinyl floor middle piece comes down while the outer hoops are secured by the bolts holding the seats. I will check out a Badlands or Black Diamond this weekend to see how its secured.
Try some 3M double sided tape?

Project looks good.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had no carpet or anything on my CJ floors - just the metal body. Loved it. Easy to clean. The vinyl should be nice, but hopefully over time water doesn't find it's way between the vinyl and floor, as it will stay there a long time without evaporating.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I finally did it! I kept going back and forth on a Badlands and Wildtrak build and eventually went with a WT only thing was I needed vinyl floors. With my dog that practically goes everywhere with me shedding and drooling as much as he does carpet is not an option. Especially coming from an Element as his old car with vinyl flooring. Against almost everyone's advice I started buying up parts while I waited for my Bronco and I kept searching for a price break on the one piece vinyl floor unit that goes under the passenger seats that is available on the Black Diamond and Badlands trim. I knew with the slide out tailgate the rear vinyl one piece wouldn't fit or work and for approx $600-$700 it wasn't worth it. So anyway, I finally lucked out on WALMART of all sites, sold through Lasco Ford titled "Genuine OE Ford Floor Mat - M2DZ-7813010-BA" (which is discontinued) and only one left. . I reached out to @flip ( who is a godsend and couldn't thank enough as much as I bug him on all the parts and part # inquiries) on the part number to make sure it's good, which it was. Apparently the BA is a good number, but the parts look up only shows AA . I think the BA must be for a different region, considering it has a hard plastic panel under the front passenger seat area that's removable and says "VIN' (pictured below) which I don't mind considering the AA goes for $900-$1000 vs the $672 I paid. So I pulled the trigger in late November 2022 and waited and researched in the meantime until my Wildtrak was finally delivered on 2/13/2023. When I received the vinyl floor it was aged, looked dusty but it was just dried out, I ended up cleaning and conditioning it with a vinyl cleaner which restored it pretty well.

It appears the only thing needed for the transition was drain plugs. Under the carpet there are drain holes and rubber caps that serve as plugs. But from the install it looks like the drain plugs actually hold down the vinyl floor. The carpet and vinyl share the same clips, so nothing else was necessary. One thing I wish I knew before hand is both the carpet and vinyl floor both have a sound deadening rubber underneath. I purchased Soundskinz which I installed after pulling up the carpet but I'm pretty sure as others mentioned most of the noise is from the tops but might as well install if I'm going to remove the seats and carpet right?

I also hate that there isn't vinyl under the slide out tailgate table so after ordering a few different vinyl car mats I found one large enough to custom cut and it worked out great. I just wish I found one with a smooth surface instead of all the ridges and grooves.

FYI Ford cross drilled the bolt on the rear Slide-out tailgate bracket so I'll be ordering another one.

A special thank you to:
@flip
@jlatigo

Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Vinyl Floor and Drain Plugs installed! Finally! IMG_6920
Totally not related to this post but can you reach the storage underneath the slide out tailgate while it’s installed somehow? Or is that just gone until you uninstall?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally not related to this post but can you reach the storage underneath the slide out tailgate while it’s installed somehow? Or is that just gone until you uninstall?
It tilts up to access the storage/jack.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So is your Bronco now truly a washout? Do you have drain holes to spray out?

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the killer pictures. I'm going to a write up on how to convert a non-hard top prep kit Bronco to a hard top prep-kit Bronco soon, so these will be really helpful for when I start tearing stuff apart. Just one question. How hard was it to remove the plastic curb between the rear seat and the cargo area? Need to pull the back seat out at all?
Sponsored