Sponsored

Will 1st gen bronco prices come back to planet Earth with release of new gen?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only reason the 60/70's muscle cars and full size trucks may not drop off as much, is they can still be pretty nice drivers. Many had automatics, AC and most had PS/PB (some even power equip). They didn't have today's NVH, overdrives, or gas mileage, but many of them still drive pretty nicely.

Classic broncos weren't one of them though. They ride like crap, are cramped, and have amenities worse than most cars from the late 50's, early 60's. They are a great simple small offroad rig, so that will always keep prices up somewhat, if they do fall out of the stratosphere back down to a level you could use them offroad again.
This. I love old 4x4s, but a rough riding gas guzzling EB with few accouterments, and maybe even a "three on the tree" manual shift, is arguably not a good fit for some of the people buying them. The new Bronco could give some of those bigger spending folks a different (and better fit) option.

But the new Bronco must be seen as a worthy successor to the EB, and also be customizable. Those two key things will draw some potential EB buyers to the new Bronco. Similar to what occurs with the Jeep Wrangler. People might reminisce on younger days and the CJ, but then they go and buy a new Wrangler. And as an older Jeep guy that is nice for me, because those folks aren't blowing cash on older TJ/YJ/CJ versions and driving up prices, lol.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I doubt it. Looking at the prices of the first gen Mustangs, and Camaros I would say prices may even increase a bit. And, that wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. :)

Ford Bronco Will 1st gen bronco prices come back to planet Earth with release of new gen? Camaro Pics 002

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Prices are going to continue to go up as long as the Federal Reserve keeps printing.

Sponsored

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've always loved the first gen broncos and remember just a few years back when you could get a nice one for $10-15k. Now-a-days it seems like a rust bucket is $20k just to get your foot in the door.

Will the release of the new gen of Broncos bring prices back down to planet Earth or will they surge further to be at levels where an average Joe needs to sell a kidney to get their hands on one? Looking forward to everyone's thoughts.
SURE HOPE NOT, STILL DRIVING MY '68' WHEN I FEEL GETTING OUT TO STRETCH IT'S
Ford Bronco Will 1st gen bronco prices come back to planet Earth with release of new gen? 0658A59C-4C91-47FA-88ED-0DE7F63E15DF
Ford Bronco Will 1st gen bronco prices come back to planet Earth with release of new gen? 0658A59C-4C91-47FA-88ED-0DE7F63E15DF
LEGS.

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The economy would have to tank for the prices to go back down. There are alot of people out there with alot of spare cash. Both my used cars I've had the past 5 years have gained about 6k in value each

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just a heads up, $15k in 1966 would be equivalent to $120k now.. Even the latest first gen in 1977, if it costed $15k at the time, would now be the equivalent to $64k. (due to insane amounts of inflation, thanks JPow)

Edit:
1966 Base $2,400 = $19.2k in 2020.
1977 Base $5,260 = $22.5k in 2020.
1988 STD 4WD $15,804 = $38.2k in 2020

Base model now is $26k

Last edited:

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Scarcity is going to become more and more of an issue. I had a 1968 Camaro in 1997 that, at 29 years old was considered a classic. 1st gen Broncos (and my Camaro I never should’ve sold) are now over 50 years old. Crazy.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Scarcity is going to become more and more of an issue. I had a 1968 Camaro in 1997 that, at 29 years old was considered a classic. 1st gen Broncos (and my Camaro I never should’ve sold) are now over 50 years old. Crazy.
I agree. My Dad bought our '67 Camaro in 1973. It's hard to believe the thing is 54 years old. After it being in the family for 48 years it's like an old dog. It's got a home. :)

Every time it's out, and about I get some crazy stupid offers. But, it's just not for sale right now. Dad's gone now, but I still have him in that old Camaro.

Sponsored

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I agree. My Dad bought our '67 Camaro in 1973. It's to believe the thing is 54 years old. After it being in the family for 48 years it's like an old dog. It's got a home. :)

Every time it's out, and about I get some crazy stupid offers. But, it's just not for sale right now. Dad's gone now, but I still have him in that old Camaro.
I kick myself every day for selling mine. I replaced the straight six with a 327, replaced wiring front to rear, all kinds of new goodies (radiator, alternator, etc etc.) did all the work myself.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all of the sensors, computers, gadgets, and doodads on modern vehicles, demand for the older and simpler trucks will continue to rise. Especially the offroad crowd, we like to modify and tinker with our rigs. Supply and demand, and the supply isn't growing any.
That's why I ditched my diesel and went with an 86 bronco. tired of all the doodads that break and costs a months pay or more to fix. My defroster stopped working on my 86 last week. It cost me a single zip tie and 15 minute to diagnose and fix the issue. I have not had a single issue in the 6k miles I've put on it that took more than 2-3 hours and cost more than $100 to fix....so far, and not many of those problems at that. It has gotten me to work and back every single day.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean cars of the 30s seem to be dropping off, along with their owners ( no offense). By that logic, I'll snag a nice first gen in.... 2051!
My car club started as a Model A club in the early 80's. Had a big show every year featuring only Model A's.

Now there is not a single Model A to be had in the club and our annual 300+ car car show might pull in one or two.

It is a cycle and eventually time will march on and people latch onto something else that means more to them. Usually what was popular when they were in high school and/or something about the same age they are.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Way too much money in too many people hands. I don't think prices will go down until there is a decent size recession. Look at what people are spending on the new Bronco. 190,000 people lined up to pay and average $55k for a new one without even seeing one or driving it. I watch the news and everyone is so broke we have to print money. I go to Costco and see 80" TVs lying on the ground because so many people are buying multiples that they couldn't be bothered to pick up the one that slid off their cart on the way out. I don't think anyone knows whats going on, but Gen one Broncos aren't going down, lol.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The new Bronco is going to bring a new-found interest in the Bronco that many may have never had. I think it will drive the prices up on the 1st gen.
Sponsored