Sponsored

Will 285's fit on stock base model height? What about 35's?

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Who thinks 285's will fit on stock hight? what about 35's without the Sasquatch?
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Who thinks 285's will fit on stock hight? what about 35's without the Sasquatch?
Are you talking about the Badlands without Sasquatch?

It has 285/70/17's from the factory. Stepping up to 315/70... I bet they fit, but rub at full lock or at extreme articulation. We'll know the details of the difference in suspension soon enough hopefully.

OP
OP
Ddtcm81

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

It has 285/70/17's from the factory. Stepping up to 315/70... I bet they fit, but rub at full lock or at extreme articulation. We'll know the details of the difference in suspension soon enough hopefully.
negative, 285 on all models without a lift. I wonder if the Badlands, is modified to fit them

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

He's asking about the Base model.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

really any model, also wondering is the badlands has been modified to fit them.
Having done 32s to 33s on a Jeep, the base can probably do 285s, but youā€™ll need wheels that offset outward or maybe 1ā€ wheel spacers. Youā€™ll need 8ā€+ wide rims at any rate.

BUT, we wonā€™t really know until somebody other than Ford gets to start playing with this thing, or Ford publicly offers it as an option or accessory option.

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey! Super new to all of this and was wondering... Iā€™m getting a stock base and only adding automatic transmission. dont have the $$ for the Sasquatch. What are the biggest tires I can fit on the 16ā€˜s?

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey! Super new to all of this and was wondering... Iā€™m getting a stock base and only adding automatic transmission. dont have the $$ for the Sasquatch. What are the biggest tires I can fit on the 16ā€˜s?
Hold on, let me go measure the one I have sitting in my garage...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dennis, I think you may be better off just going with aftermarket 17" wheels, and add tires if you buy the base Bronco. Those 16's on the base will limit your choices as I would bet the rims are narrow. But, since Ford doesn't say I don't know for sure. I even ran buying a base 2 door, and adding an aftermarket wheel/tire package to it, and be done. But dang it, I've had way too many ideas on what to buy anyway. :)

Sponsored

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dennis, I think you may be better off just going with aftermarket 17" wheels, and add tires if you buy the base Bronco. Those 16's on the base will limit your choices as I would bet the rims are narrow. But, since Ford doesn't say I don't know for sure. I even ran buying a base 2 door, and adding an aftermarket wheel/tire package to it, and be done. But dang it, I've had way too many ideas on what to buy anyway. :)
yeah, my head is spinning with all of the options! Will be interesting when the build and price goes up next month. That will answer a lot of my questions. Thanks for the advice!

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having done 32s to 33s on a Jeep, the base can probably do 285s, but youā€™ll need wheels that offset outward or maybe 1ā€ wheel spacers. Youā€™ll need 8ā€+ wide rims at any rate.

BUT, we wonā€™t really know until somebody other than Ford gets to start playing with this thing, or Ford publicly offers it as an option or accessory option.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-on-stock-base-rims-no-mods-required.21435/

This guy did it with the stock 55mm offset 16" x 7" Base rims.
I personally wouldn't use anything less than 8" rims with 285's but his looks good. As long as he keeps the tire pressure up and stays on the road he should be oK.
No clearance issues.
There is another thread where a Guy put 285/70R17's on Stock Big Bend Tires and suspension. Did a few clearance tests and all was good.

I am planning on putting 285/70R17's on Ultra 17" x 9" wheels with a 25mm offset.
Standard Hoss suspension.

mmcsween21

Base
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have a Base Model coming and has hoping for 285/70/R17s on 17x9 wheels. No lift, hoping for 33.5" tires if itll work.
Sponsored