Sponsored

Will 33's fit on this Black Diamond setup as is?

GBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
groncobronco.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely swaying between SAS BD....or upgrading rims only to these optioned....(however I like the steelie's as well if I can stuff 33's under there as well)...Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 10.16.15 PM.png
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer will put 33s on mine before I drive it off the lot. The Generals will go on marketplace for a couple hundred bucks, I hope.

OP
OP
GBlue

GBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
groncobronco.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer will put 33s on mine before I drive it off the lot. The Generals will go on marketplace for a couple hundred bucks, I hope.
I was going to ask that of my dealer once I step in to order. Guessing most dealers would do this. Do they charge for tires straight, you keep tires....or give credit on tires it came off the truck with?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going to ask that of my dealer once I step in to order. Guessing most dealers would do this. Do they charge for tires straight, you keep tires....or give credit on tires it came off the truck with?

Once the tires have been mounted, they are used. Most dealers won't sell used tires, so they are yours to sell or use on another vehicle. They might make you a great deal on new tires.

Part of my agreement with my dealer when I order is the dealer is to mount and balance customers tires prior to delivery at no charge. I will provide the new tires and take the Generals home as well.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will they reset your speedometer too?

I'm considering this as well, as buying 33s are cheaper than a Badlands...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will they reset your speedometer too?

I'm considering this as well, as buying 33s are cheaper than a Badlands...

Every 4wd I've owned had bigger tires than factory and I've never worried about it. These days everyone has a GPS and can easily see how much it's off at 75mph (or whatever) and mentally adjust. Just not something I'm concerned with. I know the odometer will be slightly off too, but it's not something that bothers me.

I'm sure they can reprogram it, but may want to charge you to do it.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every 4wd I've owned had bigger tires than factory and I've never worried about it. These days everyone has a GPS and can easily see how much it's off at 75mph (or whatever) and mentally adjust. Just not something I'm concerned with. I know the odometer will be slightly off too, but it's not something that bothers me.

I'm sure they can reprogram it, but may want to charge you to do it.
Yeah my OCD will not be cool with that. ?

Plus if I told the wife the speedometer is off, she's won't drive the car... Which maybe isn't a bad thing. ?

Anyway. Good to know it can be reprogrammed.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't wait to actually see a Bronco in person and really look at how the different backspacing works with the UCAs on the different models. I really wish these steel wheels were 8 inch wide instead of 7.5. I'm leaning toward a set of 255/80/17s being put on at the dealer as I don't know how comfortable I am with fitting 285s on there in stock form.

I don't want to run spacers at all. I will make the steel wheels work at least for the short term. I just wish I had a better idea of how much clearance there is with the control arms. Everything else should be fine. The wheelwells are huge so there shouldn't be rubbing anywhere else.

I would love to find a picture of the stock steel wheels and see how much clearance there is on those control arms.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks like there’s a ton of room for 33” setup?
Ford Bronco Will 33's fit on this Black Diamond setup as is? 3DE5A52B-8A1E-4CAD-BEED-3549783AEA63

Ford Bronco Will 33's fit on this Black Diamond setup as is? B24E95EE-088C-4042-8700-F70705E620AE

TexAg13

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to ask a silly question - but will it matter if I want to use the black steelies on the BD but put on 33 or 32 MT? AT? Trying to beef it up some. Not sure if either would require that I lift the BD but open to that as well.
Sponsored

Last edited: