Sponsored

Will a hitch carrier work with the tire?

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just ordered a trailer hitch for my Bronco. Something I always get on my trucks, but I know I probably won't tow with this vehicle and its manual transmission. But I want it for a carrier rack. I mean the type that are a "tray" that fits into the hitch, and you can pile camping gear on it or whatever. Then I realized the spare tire may get in the way. Does anyone see any carriers that will work with that tire there?
Sponsored

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just ordered a trailer hitch for my Bronco. Something I always get on my trucks, but I know I probably won't tow with this vehicle and its manual transmission. But I want it for a carrier rack. I mean the type that are a "tray" that fits into the hitch, and you can pile camping gear on it or whatever. Then I realized the spare tire may get in the way. Does anyone see any carriers that will work with that tire there?
Yes get an extender! Easy peasy.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Ford Accessory basket is shown on vehicle with tire in the way. Same with bike racks. The extension as a backup, certainly

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a thread on the topic that may help:

Favorite Hitch Cargo Carrier - Folding | Page 2 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

The coolest thing I saw was a swing away hitch extender. Credit @DETT Check it out:

Swing Hitch.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks all, I will take the advise under advisement!
Sponsored