Sponsored

Will all Late Availability options be known at time of ordering in December?

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's a crap shoot.

In a perfect world they prioritized their R&D and sourcing efforts to enable the ability to build a desire product on day 1.

However, they have been impacted in multiple ways:
1. Part sources have been impacted by shut downs. If parts are from Mexico, Brazil or Asia they all have had different protocols.
2. Testing and certification processes delays - Ford employees, certification bodies, supplier shortages, etc.

Therefore, product management may have to prioritize what is completed and available at launch versus added or improved over the life of the vehicle.

And with forum's such as this site - approving the Manual with the Sasquatch package may be as simple as a configuration or require some additional certification variations to be submitted and approved. Car manufacturers have a lot of regulatory tasks to execute.
Does anybody know the engineers that are getting the manual-Sasquatch pushed through certification? If so, we need to give them lots of support and encouragement.
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My question is will we be able to order late availability items in December? Or will they push back the ordering for those that want the painted top, mansquatch, etc? I originally wanted a BD mansquatch but fear it would push it back until 2022. So I am going with a BL manual, I can add level kit and 35s later if I need them.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best thing Ford could do is add a model year toggle. Worst case for them is so many buyers shift to MY22 and they use the capacity to stock lots with MIC topped, dark interior BLs and Bases. But that seems unlikely. Customers could self sort and your reservation time stamp would still matter (instead of being first in line for a MY21, you would be first in line for a MY22).

Customers would love this and it would flip the mentality from, “I’m getting screwed by Ford” to “thanks for letting me keep my spot in line AND get what I want.” I know that's how I’d feel.

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best thing Ford could do is add a model year toggle. Worst case for them is so many buyers shift to MY22 and they use the capacity to stock lots with MIC topped, dark interior BLs and Bases. But that seems unlikely. Customers could self sort and your reservation time stamp would still matter (instead of being first in line for a MY21, you would be first in line for a MY22).

Customers would love this and it would flip the mentality from, “I’m getting screwed by Ford” to “thanks for letting me keep my spot in line AND get what I want.” I know that's how I’d feel.
Exactly—I know I need to convert my early res by the end of December but I can't right now—I'm a mansquatch holdout. So I can't technically "build and price" right now and have no idea how this issue will progress. It's frustrating. After waiting, waiting, waiting for the B&P to go live, I feel I'm in the small majority still waiting to be able to do what everyone else seems to be doing—jumping up and down at the prospect of being able to place an order in a few months.

I'm stopping well short of flaming Ford, because I do think testing & regulatory processes are what's happening now—but I hope to have a definitive answer by the time I need to convert my res. Ya know?

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dam bro, That makes to much sense! probably why its not happening smh ... Btwn shady dealers and top secret moves by Ford. Has made us all nuts!

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm betting even things not termed late availabitly might have late delivery, mainly the Sasquatch option. They will build the FE, Wildtrack, Badlands first using what they have, lower models after. If they run out of wheels/tires then those will wait until the supply chain fills again. Just my thoughts on it, hope I'm wrong as I'm ordering a base+Sasquatch but betting it's a late delivery even though I have an early reservation.
Sponsored