Sponsored

Will all Late Availability options be known at time of ordering in December?

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, I did not find it via a quick search.

What is the likelihood that when we sit down with the Dealer in December that the ordering system will throw a flag if the combination of options or a single option will delay a build?

From reading the forum it is clear that I am not alone in flip flopping from one color to the next or from needing a manual or simply wanting a manual. Same for Sasquatch on the Badlands, I do not need it but if it helps my build get completed quicker I will take it.

In summary, should I be aware that a specific combination of color and options will delay my build I am open to reconsider in order to have an early Spring delivery as I am not necessarily all-in on any specific combination.

Maybe the build and price will be sophisticated enough to warn future buyers?
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of these delays will likely be related to supply chain issues and supply/demand.

I doubt Ford will know what will/won't delay builds until the supply vs. demand is actually known, which, by definition won't happen until after orders are in.

Reactions: Ksm

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so!!!

I have an early reservation and don't want my delivery delayed for something negligible.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yes

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so!!!

I have an early reservation and don't want my delivery delayed for something negligible.
Same here. I did not go through two hours or refreshing my browser every 5 seconds on 4 devices to have a delayed delivery.

With how many times I have changed my mind on color and manual and trim, I am clearly undecided and at this point just want my Bronco. ?

Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it's a crap shoot.

In a perfect world they prioritized their R&D and sourcing efforts to enable the ability to build a desire product on day 1.

However, they have been impacted in multiple ways:
1. Part sources have been impacted by shut downs. If parts are from Mexico, Brazil or Asia they all have had different protocols.
2. Testing and certification processes delays - Ford employees, certification bodies, supplier shortages, etc.

Therefore, product management may have to prioritize what is completed and available at launch versus added or improved over the life of the vehicle.

And with forum's such as this site - approving the Manual with the Sasquatch package may be as simple as a configuration or require some additional certification variations to be submitted and approved. Car manufacturers have a lot of regulatory tasks to execute.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a perfect world they prioritized their R&D and sourcing efforts to enable the ability to build a desire product on day 1.

1. Part sources have been impacted by shut downs. If parts are from Mexico, Brazil or Asia they all have had different protocols.
2. Testing and certification processes delays - Ford employees, certification bodies, supplier shortages, etc.

Therefore, product management may have to prioritize what is completed and available at launch versus added or improved over the life of the vehicle.

And with forum's such as this site - approving the Manual with the Sasquatch package may be as simple as a configuration or require some additional certification variations to be submitted and approved. Car manufacturers have a lot of regulatory tasks to execute.
This is my understanding as well. I guess my concern is will Ford know that they have everything required for a specific build in December? Paint, drivetrain, screen, signature lights, etc?

Honestly, if they told me that they have everything required to build a Base with Auto and 2.7L in April, I would drop from my current choice of a manual Badlands without Sasquatch. (I am that much on the fence and impatient.) My logic is that I could go aftermarket if need be but taking delivery is most important. Again, selfish and impatient.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of these delays will likely be related to supply chain issues and supply/demand.

I doubt Ford will know what will/won't delay builds until the supply vs. demand is actually known, which, by definition won't happen until after orders are in.
Black tops?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, I did not find it via a quick search.

What is the likelihood that when we sit down with the Dealer in December that the ordering system will throw a flag if the combination of options or a single option will delay a build?

From reading the forum it is clear that I am not alone in flip flopping from one color to the next or from needing a manual or simply wanting a manual. Same for Sasquatch on the Badlands, I do not need it but if it helps my build get completed quicker I will take it.

In summary, should I be aware that a specific combination of color and options will delay my build I am open to reconsider in order to have an early Spring delivery as I am not necessarily all-in on any specific combination.

LOL, I get a kick out of reading this..... I thought, this is exactly how autos took over the entire market......what can I have, RIGHT NOW!?!?

I totally get it, STRONGLY desiring a ManualSquatch, I wonder if it is worth the extra wait.....HOW LONG WILL THAT WAIT BE?!!!?

Last edited:

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks for the suggestion, will share with the Bronco team. Things sometimes happen...we're listening.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The reality is that COVID this winter could delay Fords production in ways they simply cannot control. So everybody’s Bronco might be delayed once again. It is what it is. ford wants to sell them- we want to buy them. Maybe that is why they pushed back the production date- to see how the corona virus would be effecting the supply chain next year.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrak ... I'm going to wait for the Shadow Black Painted top as described "Late Availability" when is that who knows! But a blacked out bronco is what I want, but why not just make the MIC top in black Ford ?

splatrd

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Anyone who thinks they are getting their Bronco delivered in early spring is dreaming. Ford has already said June for first deliveries. The first will be the 7k FE models. With their current track record I am guessing early summer is being optimistic. Especially now that dealer allocations may be put ahead of some reservation holders.
Sponsored