Sponsored

Will an ARB twin compressor fit under the Bronco Raptor hood?

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For anyone who had their Raptor delivered….

Is there sufficient engine compartment space for mounting an ARB twin cleanly under the hood.

The basic engine size is the same as 2.7 but with the air box changes and turbo routing, it’s too hard to tell from photos if it will tuck in.

Many thanks!
Sponsored

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do not know the answer to your question, but if it doesn't fit you may consider that one that goes on the tailgate under the spare tire carrier...

OP
OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks! I did see that. Pretty creative solution but it looks like a pain in the … to clean and rim dependent. Really hoping that it will go under the hood for a simpler more accessible install.

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For anyone who had their Raptor delivered….

Is there sufficient engine compartment space for mounting an ARB twin cleanly under the hood.

The basic engine size is the same as 2.7 but with the air box changes and turbo routing, it’s too hard to tell from photos if it will tuck in.

Many thanks!
I sent a message to the LED Truck folks that have the bracket for the regular Bronco and they indicated that due the low-volume of the Raptor, they probably would not pursue the same setup for the Raptor. This doesn't directly answer your question, but i wanted to let you know. I have a 12v portable, but I would prefer the under hood setup, as well.

OP
OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for checking and the response. I’ve skeptical about aftermarket looking to rush forward with Bronco Raptor parts due to low volumes initially, so no surprise there. Fortunately the Raptor doesn’t need a lot of aftermarket upgrades IMO, but air, a winch and lights are a must. Lights are easy, I think a winch plate will work on mod bumper unless there’s some hidden issue and the portable AC is a simple workaround.

I’m thinking of getting the ARB twin portable. Can always install onboard later if there’s space and a mounting solution becomes available.

Still curious if there’s even space that isn’t sitting on the exhaust manifold!

Sponsored

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for checking and the response. I’ve skeptical about aftermarket looking to rush forward with Bronco Raptor parts due to low volumes initially, so no surprise there. Fortunately the Raptor doesn’t need a lot of aftermarket upgrades IMO, but air, a winch and lights are a must. Lights are easy, I think a winch plate will work on mod bumper unless there’s some hidden issue and the portable AC is a simple workaround.

I’m thinking of getting the ARB twin portable. Can always install onboard later if there’s space and a mounting solution becomes available.

Still curious if there’s even space that isn’t sitting on the exhaust manifold!

i played with my twin arb compressor, only place under hood have to fab a mount it be over the drivers turbo. The shelf that the Evac canister sits on above rear axle tucked up high it will fit there. I had a arb twin mounted in back of rock buggy rained on etc no issues so proable going mount mine there. Still kicking around couple other ideas but nothing pops yet.

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mounting it under the body is also an option I will be looking at when I get mine. I have the twin mounted there on my racer with a snorkel and it works excellent.
Sponsored