Sponsored

Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're just a few days from King of the Hammers. I have to wonder if the recent spattering of Bronco media is meant to pump up adherents to this faith right before they're challenged by an absence of the demonstration of their deities powers?

Bronco was a DNF at the Baja 1000, and you can credit them for trying at least. Will Bronco be a DNS (Did Not Start) at KOH in the coming week, at an event that is sure to be loaded with various levels of Wrangler and Gladiator builds?

It's one thing to claim that it doesn't have to be 'the best' at everything off road, but will they even try, or dare to show what they're actually capable of?

Ford Bronco Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers? KOH2020

Sponsored

Last edited:

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not expecting to see a Bronco enter the race at KOH. The Bronco R we saw at Baja does not look well suited for KOH IMO. They would need something different, and I doubt they created a second race vehicle.

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the guys on the Blue Oval Forums hinted that we are seeing these prototypes for a reason... I am still hopeful.

Reactions: BE_
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco was a DNF at the Baja 1000, and you can credit them for trying at least. Will Bronco be a DNS (Did Not Start) at KOH in the coming week...
Wait, so, was the Bronco even supposed to show up at KOH? If so, I missed this news.
That's kind of the point of the question. If it was going to happen I would have expected to have seen some kind of media show and tell with a "Bronco T prototype" but instead we're looking at Frankenrangers and a few 4-door prototypes.

Is it a distraction from the absence?

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unless we're talking about Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s class 4400 "Bronco"?

Maybe they'll field one with a Ford GT motor lol

Ford Bronco Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers? vaughn_gittin_ford_bronco-6
Ford Bronco Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers? vaughn_gittin_ford_bronco-9

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers? vaughn_gittin_ford_bronco-9
Considering how little the R has in common with production parts or design, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for something like that to carry a T title.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're just a few days from King of the Hammers. I have to wonder if the recent spattering of Bronco media is meant to pump up adherents to this faith right before they're challenged by an absence of the demonstration of their deities powers?
WTH? Bruh where do you come up with this?:cwl:

If they were gonna enter it I’m sure we would have heard about it by now. It’d be cool if they did but I couldn’t care less if they don’t.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTH? Bruh where do you come up with this?:cwl:
It's a metaphor, and not one that I came up with. Several people have stated in previous conversations that they have faith in Ford and the delivery of a Bronco that meets high expectations. I simply extended that to a point which other people would be likely to see the phrase and its use in relation to a corporation in a way that I do.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a metaphor, and not one that I came up with. Several people have stated in previous conversations that they have faith in Ford and the delivery of a Bronco that meets high expectations. I simply extended that to a point which other people would be likely to see the phrase and its use in relation to a corporation in a way that I do.
You know what they mean though. I don’t think they mean in the sense of real spiritual faith. I think they just they’re optimistic in FoMoCo’s ability to deliver. If anyone is placing the kind of faith you’re talking about in a car company or anything other than God they have some issues to deal with lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Reading a few articles on it, it wasn't far from what the R prototype was like. Very little relation to a stock vehicle, and powered by a 600hp Ford Performance 427 V8.

Heck, if the R / Raptor was all bad assery in off roading, why not patch it up, slap a winch in there, make a few tweaks and run it at KOH?

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now its looking like the podium of the Everyman was full of SFA rigs.

Overall PosIn Class PosNo.NameLapsTotal TmDiffClass
1​
232​
Brad Lovell
2​
04:53:00.438​
4800​
2​
4838​
Seth Van Dyke
2​
04:53:29.193​
00:00:28.755​
4800​
3​
81​
Levi Shirley
2​
04:56:57.733​
00:03:57.295​
4800​

Ford Bronco Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers? brad-lovell_232_2020_drivingline_emc-race_ryan-del-ponte_the-redline-projects-25-of-52-copy

Ford Bronco Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers? seth-van-dyke_4838_2020_drivingline_emc-race_ryan-del-ponte_the-redline-projects-26-of-52-copy

Ford Bronco Will Bronco Be A DNS At King Of The Hammers? emc-race-day-doug-dienelt-drdimages-adeptvisuals27-copy

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/brad-lovell-wins-the-4wp-every-man-challenge/

Still no sign of a Bronco.
Sponsored