Sponsored

Will Bronco be the Jeep Killer

TimberWolf775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Worst kept secret ever.... Ford Motor Company is about to launch a New (ish) brand to compete model for model with Jeep.
You guessed it...Bronco is going to be it's own Brand with multiple models.

Thoughts.... comments? ideas?
Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm Shocked!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I very highly doubt it. I think that the Jeep and Bronco will make each other better. Ford evidently has some tricks up their sleeve in regards to removing the top and doors, with powertrains, and with hype. But defeating the jeep is no easy task, the JL Wrangler is an amazing vehicle. I think if Ford does not deliver a Bronco with a solid front axle they will automatically lose a pretty significant edge on Jeep. Being able to add lift kits extremely easily does a lot for the "image" of a jeep, and IFS is simply never going to allow you to do that so simply. Ford will struggle with that, the jeep always being ahead in regards to aftermarket suspension if Ford goes with IFS. However, if Ford goes with a stick axle it's anyone's game. Ford definitely has the edge with powertrains.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst kept secret ever.... Ford Motor Company is about to launch a New (ish) brand to compete model for model with Jeep....
Some new source, or is this the same rumor that was floated months ago?

After the major auto companies killed off most of the other brands years ago (Mercury, Pontiac, Plymouth etc), it seems very unlikely that they would try to make a new one out of Bronco.

Trying to make Bronco the equivalent of "Trailhawk" by slapping it on a bunch of barely off road capable crossovers would also diminish it. So I really hope this nonsense about calling the "yet-to-be-named rugged off-road small utility" a "Bronco [fill-in-the-blank]" goes away and Ford just gives this vehicle its own name to stand on.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When any "Brand" (such as Jeep) withers and dies, the culprit is always almost a cancer from within...as opposed to an external enemy. Brand loyalty/affilliation surpasses any logical value analysis. Just ask Apple, Levi's, or Marlboro.

In fact, the best illustration is colas. Pepsi claims to be 'the taste people prefer'. Coke claims to be 'people's favorite drink'. Turns out they are Both correct. Pepsi wins "blind" taste tests...but when you comparison test product from labeled containers, nothing beats Coke.

Bronco has an opportunity to create its own loyal following. This isn't a zero-sum game; a superb vehicle will probably make the overall pie larger.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, won't be it's own "brand". It will be more like how the F-series represents a line of vehicles.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, won't be it's own "brand". It will be more like how the F-series represents a line of vehicles.
'F-Series' vehicles share a lot of parts and design, especially the volume sellers in the 150-350 range that make that name. While the supposed 'Bronco brand' vehicles are completely different -- a BOF SUV, a unibody CUV, and a unibody ute or pickup.

The two smaller vehicles could share a lot (they will very likely be built on the same platform), but I fail to see what they have in common with the Bronco other than some hollow marketing language and perhaps a few lines in their sheetmetal. This theoretical arrangement would seem to benefit the unibody models by lending them some "ruggedness credibility" and only serve to negatively impact the Bronco name by hanging some less capable economy car models off its coat tails.

There are other ways to do that than applying the Bronco name to those vehicles. The different models could share trim level or package names (FX4, Tremor, etc.) -- but you will interestingly note that this is something Jeep does not do to the Wrangler, and for good reason I think. The other models in the Jeep lineup have to build their own credibility with Trailhawk, and do not share the Wrangler name, and not even the iconic trim level Rubicon name.

When Ford wanted to build small sporty cars they didn't call it the Mustang [fill-in-the-blank], they gave those models their own names (Fiesta, Focus, Maverick, Pinto). I don't see why they would want to hang that burden on the Bronco name by diluting and diminishing the value of that asset before they even re-establish it with a new model Bronco.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I Once Had A Unibody Vehicle It Was Called A BI -CIKE Busted My Balls All Day Long

OP
OP
TimberWolf775

TimberWolf775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
well folks I have talked to a few different insiders..... and they say this is rock solid.... so we will have to see

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on how you phrase it, this is a very accurate claim. The Bronco insignia and B R O N C O in lettering will be on these vehicles in very visible places.

Such as grilles, steering wheel airbag covers, dash, and etc.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on how you phrase it, this is a very accurate claim. The Bronco insignia and B R O N C O in lettering will be on these vehicles in very visible places.

Such as grilles, steering wheel airbag covers, dash, and etc.
That's very unfortunate.

The first vehicle launched with the Bronco name on it in 25 years will be a unibody crossover ... GM did not set a precedent Ford should want to follow.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When Ford wanted to build small sporty cars they didn't call it the Mustang [fill-in-the-blank]
Maybe not before, but right now we're currently awaiting an electric Mustang CUV and potentially a Mustang 4 door sedan... so yeah, a Bronco "brand" falls right into that ideology

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe not before, but right now we're currently awaiting an electric Mustang CUV and potentially a Mustang 4 door sedan... so yeah, a Bronco "brand" falls right into that ideology
AFAIK they haven't actually put the "Mustang" name on them. It is no different than before, the other models borrow some styling and marketing, but not the name.

1972_Ford-Pinto-Maverick-Mustang list1-L.jpg

Sponsored