Sponsored

Will Bronco Fatigue Cost Ford Reservations?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I'll first say that the wait won't affect me. I've been waiting for years, I can wait a few more months. I was already likely a late order anyway since I want Velocity Blue.

That said, sure, there will be plenty of reservation cancellations for various reasons - whether that be "fatigue", double reservations, bad timing (people with leases), etc., there was never going to be 100% conversion rate.....apparently Ford is targeting a 50-65% conversion.

As for the reveal and the lack of info, it's common for vehicles to be revealed with general info at first and more details released months later.

Bronco Sport is set to launch first, with Bronco proper later. So with that in mind, their options were:

1) Reveal all 3 at once, with largely full info for the Sport, but not everything ready for Bronco (what they did)
2) Reveal Bronco Sport by itself, confuse Joe/Jane Public about "this is the Bronco we've waited for?" Reveal Bronco with all info months later.

The question I have is - would y'all have rather had Ford wait and reveal Bronco months later, but with just about all info at once? Or would you rather have seen it like we did and have questions?
We don't know man, we're just a bunch of dogs chasing our tails here with Bronco. I'll sit up, play dead, bark, for just about any news trickling out.

Of course, I have decided to chew all of Ford's good shoes for my troubles. ?
Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I reluctantly sold my last new to me 96 Bronco in 2001 there was no vehicle out there that I really wanted. I tried an Expedition (think soccer mom) and hated it and finally settled on 4 door F150's that I have replaced every three years with the next model since 2001. I love them and they have been very dependable and in fact I will still have one as the Bronco will be more of a "play" vehicle but I have been waiting for them to come back since 96 so if things go an extra 6 months I am content to wait and look forward to owning a Bronco again. I have had a few Jeeps over the years as toys but I always said as soon as Ford made an equivalent vehicle to the Jeep I would dump that Fiat quality vehicle and get Fords offering. When I saw this was really happening I sold my heavily modified Jeep while it still had value and put the funds in the bank awaiting the Bronco. Can't wait for the fun and modifications to begin!

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My cousin who works at a ford dealer said they only knew about the bronco when we did, they got the same info on launch as we did and at the same time as we did. A big fail from Ford there imo.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only concern is that the build and price configuration model should’ve been up during the reservation process or shortly there after..
it would be nice to align our budgets to the Bronco that best fits ones lifestyle

but other than that man it sure looks like a sweet rig..

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will a faulty reservation system, dwell time to have pricing out for options, a 5 month wait to actually place order, lots of unknowns about how dealers will price and then a 6 month wait for delivery be something Ford rethinks in launching future vehicles? Getting folks excited and then slipping back into a very long process with lots of unknowns is wearing thin on me. It's the girl you always wanted to go out with saying yes, then continuing to put you off for what seem like very reasonable reasons but still it starts to make you realize there are other fish in the sea. I predict Bronco Fatigue could be a leading cause of canceled reservations. Ford should be thinking about how to keep my give a damn button from turning off. Maybe having dealers better prepared to engage with buyers would have been a good strategy? Anyone else feel same or is my lack of patience showing? :unsure:
Yes!!!

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Aside from all the comments about the botched reservation site, IMO Ford knows exactly what they are doing. I would think that the low reservation deposit was intentional to generate as many reservations as possible so Ford could satisfy their production lenders that the Bronco would be in demand.
Why would they want to deliver reserved/ordered vehicles before dealer inventory? They can show those vehicles as sold, no inventory carrying costs.

Maybe someone has other thoughts, but that is my two cents.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can't speak for other people, but It's not causing me fatigue at all. I've spent a lot of my internet time on a BMW forum, and joining this forum has been fun, and somewhere else to visit during this pandemic.

When I had my Wrangler, I joined a Wrangler forum but never really got into it.

I've always secretly wanted a Bronco since seeing the original models here and there through out my adult life. They were always modified with big tires and I knew people who were in off road clubs, I guess you could call them that; who would go on off road trips together.

I'm returning from a leave of absence from work for almost five months, so I'm not even sure I'll be able to afford to get a Bronco right away, but I reserved one just in case.

This is all part of a new car launch and I've seen stuff like this before. Could Ford have done some things I would have liked better? Yes, but It's not bothering me that much.

Yeehaw

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will a faulty reservation system, dwell time to have pricing out for options, a 5 month wait to actually place order, lots of unknowns about how dealers will price and then a 6 month wait for delivery be something Ford rethinks in launching future vehicles? Getting folks excited and then slipping back into a very long process with lots of unknowns is wearing thin on me. It's the girl you always wanted to go out with saying yes, then continuing to put you off for what seem like very reasonable reasons but still it starts to make you realize there are other fish in the sea. I predict Bronco Fatigue could be a leading cause of canceled reservations. Ford should be thinking about how to keep my give a damn button from turning off. Maybe having dealers better prepared to engage with buyers would have been a good strategy? Anyone else feel same or is my lack of patience showing? :unsure:
I hope it weeds out the weak.Plus it gives me time to win the lottery

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a pretty good chance the Covid situation will be under control by the time the Bronco is supposed to be available, but if political winds start blowing in a different direction, there could be legislation that bans off-road driving in National Parks, puts extreme taxes on any vehicle they deem "inappropriate", etc.
Let's not poison the forum with political dog whistles. Visitors have always been welcome to national parks and are a source of revenue. We have to respect any tracks we go wheeling on that isn't private property.

4x4 fun will happen regardless of politics.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't speak for other people, but It's not causing me fatigue at all. I've spent a lot of my internet time on a BMW forum, and joining this forum has been fun, and somewhere else to visit during this pandemic.

When I had my Wrangler, I joined a Wrangler forum but never really got into it.

I've always secretly wanted a Bronco since seeing the original models here and there through out my adult life. They were always modified with big tires and I knew people who were in off road clubs, I guess you could call them that; who would go on off road trips together.

I'm returning from a leave of absence from work for almost five months, so I'm not even sure I'll be able to afford to get a Bronco right away, but I reserved one just in case.

This is all part of a new car launch and I've seen stuff like this before. Could Ford have done some things I would have liked better? Yes, but It's not bothering me that much.
Best of luck to you man. Hope you can get your Bronco. Always good to go wheeling with a group; safer. I'm sure there will be several once Bronco is released.

Probably won't be getting any invitations to join any Jeepers though. Ha! ?
Sponsored