Sponsored

Will Bronco Fatigue Cost Ford Reservations?

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
Will a faulty reservation system, dwell time to have pricing out for options, a 5 month wait to actually place order, lots of unknowns about how dealers will price and then a 6 month wait for delivery be something Ford rethinks in launching future vehicles? Getting folks excited and then slipping back into a very long process with lots of unknowns is wearing thin on me. It's the girl you always wanted to go out with saying yes, then continuing to put you off for what seem like very reasonable reasons but still it starts to make you realize there are other fish in the sea. I predict Bronco Fatigue could be a leading cause of canceled reservations. Ford should be thinking about how to keep my give a damn button from turning off. Maybe having dealers better prepared to engage with buyers would have been a good strategy? Anyone else feel same or is my lack of patience showing? :unsure:
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel there will be cancelations from both fatigue and also from people who made multiple reservations just to be safe.

I for one, will NOT cancel because I've waited way too long for this. But definitely can see where probably quite a few people will turn around and say "I ain't got time for this, see ya"

Hell, I wish I wasn't looking at a year out, it's already been 24 years. Could they have done better? Probably. Is what it is I suppose.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will also be cancellations due to financing issues. Just imagine if you order the vehicle, have it delivered to the dealership and then they decide not to approve your financing. Make sure you have a credit score of at least 700, aren’t underwater on any vehicle you’re planning to trade in, and have at least $3,000 for a down payment.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife and I both reserved a FE. I'm all in because I've been waiting for the Bronco to come back for years. I believe she is fatigued out as I'm seeing her checking out other vehicles online. Also the fact that Navy Pier might be our only interior option has completely turned her off.
I think the builder site should of come out the same week as the launch, just to keep us engaged. Also there are alot of unknowns that are turning people away. These worries and concerns can be answered simply be giving us the build site. I feel like we're pulling teeth to get alot of unknown questions answered by Ford. For example a few weeks after are reservation we were all up in the air and stressed out on being able switch trim levels and dealers. We finally got are answers a few days ago, but that should of been resolved day one on the release.
In short to your question on fatigue, I believe we're all fatigued to some degree. The hard-core fans well be hanging in. The others in the market for a new vehicle might lose site and wonder off to other brands as I'm seeing first hand with my wife.

Last edited:

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just imagine if you order the vehicle, have it delivered to the dealership and then they decide not to approve your financing.
And I bet the dealers let it ride to get the broncos on the lot knowing full well they've got an overzealous buyer.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just imagine if you order the vehicle, have it delivered to the dealership and then they decide not to approve your financing.
I would strongly suggest getting pre-approval if your uncertain on your finances.

OP
OP

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
My wife and I both reserved a FE. I'm all in because I've been waiting for the Bronco to come back for years. I believe she is fatigued out as I'm seeing her checking out other vehicles online. Also the fact that Navy Pier might be our only interior option has completely turned her off. I think the builder site should of come out the same week as the launch. Just to keep us engaged.
To answer your question, the hard-core fans well be hanging in. The others in the market for a new vehicle might loose site and wonder off to other brands.
Interesting...I assume you were both equally excited to reserve...and wow two FE's!!...very cool...but now feeling differently. Confirmed BF Case #1. Ford scientists should be working on a cure before this thing spreads. ?

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if the configurator is anything like the sport configurator + 200 options....

big fat no. Interest will explode.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the builder site should of come out the same week as the launch, just to keep us engaged. Also there are alot of unknowns that are turning people away, that can be answered simply be giving us the build site. I feel like we're pulling teeth to get alot of unknown questions answered by Ford.
I agree 100%. I still can’t figure out why they revealed the vehicle at least a month before the build and price website was ready to go. They should have waited until that was up and running so there would be less confused and frustrated people out there. Talk about baffling on Ford’s part.

ParsonsWV

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cummins, 2020 Gt500 ordered
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would strongly suggest getting pre-approval if your uncertain on your finances.
Yea most people don't do that. I used to be in the car business. People were amazed when they came in to buy a car and weren't approved. So many stories I could tell on that. Favorite was the women that came in hoping she was the worst credit we had seen. Worst I had seen personally but not the finance manager.

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife and I both reserved a FE. I'm all in because I've been waiting for the Bronco to come back for years. I believe she is fatigued out as I'm seeing her checking out other vehicles online. Also the fact that Navy Pier might be our only interior option has completely turned her off.
I think the builder site should of come out the same week as the launch, just to keep us engaged. Also there are alot of unknowns that are turning people away. These worries and concerns can be answered simply be giving us the build site. I feel like we're pulling teeth to get alot of unknown questions answered by Ford. For example a few weeks after are reservation we were all up in the air and stressed out on being able switch trim levels and dealers. We finally got are answers a few days ago, but that should of been resolved day one on the release.
In short to your question on fatigue, I believe we're all fatigued to some degree. The hard-core fans well be hanging in. The others in the market for a new vehicle might loose site and wonder off to other brands as I'm seeing first hand with my wife.
I agree wholeheartedly. I've had to stop checking the forum as often because it's been frustrating. (You can't change dealers, you can change dealers, you can't, you can.... No options for FE interior, there will be options, no options but we're listening... )

We can't order until December... I'm hoping everything is worked out by November so I can make a choice. Get the FE, or down grade to a different trim?, wait for velocity blue? or give up and buy the Rubicon Recon.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree 100%. I still can’t figure out why they revealed the vehicle at least a month before the build and price website was ready to go. They should have waited until that was up and running so there would be less confused and frustrated people out there. Talk about baffling on Ford’s part.
My thought on the hole process of how it should of happen to avoid the fatigue and stress. The big reveal on week one, this alone would of probally stopped alot of the site crashing.

The builder site on week two, as we can take are time to see what trim levels have to offer and what prices on options we can afford . This knowledge would of been huge before most put there reserve in . It would also helped ford with a more percise account on true orders and would of eleminated alot of folks double ordering.

The reservervation on week three. I believe alot of reserves were just put in blindly without a great deal of thought, as most of us had no Idea what trim they wanted, needed or could afford because options pricing wasn't avaiable. And two weeks later we still don't know because we're still waiting on build site.

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree... I did reserve the base model but will most Likely scale up to the BD. It’s not a good business plan to ask your customer base to reserve a model without knowing what the trims and options cost. As most Americans we have financial budgets to adhere to...
But..

with all that being said I’ve tried to check out other vehicles and I can not get remotely excited about something else. Bronco or bust I guess.

OP
OP

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the best way to describe the whole Bronco fiasco since it was first announced in 2017. :cool:

Ford Bronco Will Bronco Fatigue Cost Ford Reservations? 2AE4D3BD-79F7-420A-B51B-66781E6BB846
Except we are intelligent (mostly) human beings that can decide when the juice isn't worth the squeeze. If I was ordering an FE, I would probably deal with it. I will be able to get whatever I was going to order anyway from dealer stock only a few months after this "Hide The Sausage" game is over with. I don't appreciate this process that makes me feel like I have to eat a shit sandwich and it's my privilege to do so for what I will receive a year from now. It's still a shit sandwich...
Sponsored