Sponsored

Will Bronco Fatigue Cost Ford Reservations?

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would strougly suggest a used, good gas mileage well maintained car if you are unsure of your finances.
Some people are counting on them for lightly used vehicles.
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Some people are counting on them for lightly used vehicles.
Well, I hope no one is counting on mine to be 'lightly' used. :ROFLMAO:

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I hope no one is counting on mine to be 'lightly' used. :ROFLMAO:
The person who has a bad credit score, but wants the latest and greatest gadgets. They will never take it off road and end up selling it / giving it back to Ford within 6 months. That is the lightly used vehicle I would look for.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s a brand new model - that had a very large “want” which is what initially crashed their servers. These type of delays and setbacks are bound to happen when a brand new model is released that the public absolutely wants “immediately”. There is no way to predict the public’s reaction of a brand new, never before released model. There’s no way to predict a server crash, even if IT took extra steps to ensure it wouldn’t happen.

Sure anticipation sucks, but it’s finally HERE, which is what everyone on this forum wanted - the Bronco debut.

I don’t understand why folks think that a brand new model should just magically appear on the sales room floor. Go onto any other Automotive forum where a brand new XYZ is about to be released and you will find the same exact “growing pains” and the whining from expected buyers. BMW’s M models, the new Corvette, the S550 Mustang back in 2014/15, and the list goes on and on.

A brand new platform needs to go through extensive Govt. testing and approvals for safety, fuel consumption and emissions - that takes time. It also requires the design of all new tooling (that costs millions to the manufacturer), the setup of the tooling, working the “hows” of the new assembly process. Even after the tooling was configured, there’s still changes to it and improvements for efficiency. The legal processes (owners manuals, warranty wording, safety, etc) have to be ironed out to protect Ford and it’s interests. All new vendors/suppliers have to go through a bid to win process (Ford doesn’t “make” all its its branded parts), gearing up the aftermarket (yes they get proprietary info as the build is happening so they can bring things to market). Then there’s the IT setup of the web pages, marketing website, ordering sites, final design ques, continued testing of the vehicle in many situations/environments and retesting all of it’s parts, functions and features..... and this goes on and on.

Does anyone even realize that a new model goes through thousands of miles of testing - which isn’t just “mall driving”? These new vehicles are subjected to lots of rigorous testing and abuse - much of which occurs before we ever see an initial “spy shot”. That testing can result in re-dos due to XYZ findings or failures. Also Govt. testing and rejections can lead to delays, or delays with the Legal Team’s wrangling of all the fine print to protect Ford. There’s also many supplier and manufacturing delays right now due to COVID19 which is beyond the control of anyone....

I can’t believe all of the bitching that Ford isn’t moving fast enough for *some* of you...

This isn’t a HotWheels or Matchbox toy that just gets drawn, dies formed, metal pressed into shape and molded plastic snapped together... and “we’re done”.

Even though Ford has completed the “official” release of videos and info, as we are posting and “wanting” - that Bronco is still going through a multitude of tests, possible design changes with final combos/option packages and possible changes with parts revisions and/or supplier revisions. Just because we “see” the current Bronco platforms in the official Ford ads or from XYZ Magazine tests doesn’t mean those are THE absolute final production vehicles and their combos.

Those complaining really need to either take a chill pill or just go buy something else - it’s that simple.

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Regardless of vehicle there will always be some cancellation due to the unknowns that life can throw at us.

There is a portion that probably is dreaming but not really in a position to actually pay for it when it comes due.

Then there is a question of other options. What else could come onto the market between now and delivery time that would encourage someone to flip to another vehicle.

I suspect the vast majority of those that were highly committed buyers who reserved will follow through. I am not aware of any other options coming that would pull me away.

The build and price tool and the ability to configure packages and options will be a key deciding moment for many. Can I get the manual with a 2.7 and Sasquatch? Can I get rubberized floors on a Wildtrak? Can I get marine vinyl in white with this color option and trim level.

We shall see.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The person who has a bad credit score, but wants the latest and greatest gadgets. They will never take it off road and end up selling it / giving it back to Ford within 6 months. That is the lightly used vehicle I would look for.
A bad credit score? They didn’t take care of their credit but you expect them to take care of their Bronco?? Also, how did they get approved in the first place?

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as I am an instant gratification guy, I now have enough years under my belt that I am able to just sit and wait. I knew the timing and I also know that my life goes on while I wait. I am not going to sit idle and bide my time waiting for next Summer. I have a life to get out and live.

Now if I was in my 20's, when I really did have to have everything now and a month felt like a decade, I probably would have gone out and bought another toy.

Not this time. $50K is plenty of money to spend on this toy... so I guess I will just go outside and go for a walk now with my dogs.

They don't care I don't have the Bronco.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A bad credit score? They didn’t take care of their credit but you expect them to take care of their Bronco?? Also, how did they get approved in the first place?
True. Still there are plenty of mall crawling peeps who will get tired quickly because it is designed for adventure.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a brand new model - that had a very large “want” which is what initially crashed their servers. These type of delays and setbacks are bound to happen when a brand new model is released that the public absolutely wants “immediately”. There is no way to predict the public’s reaction of a brand new, never before released model. There’s no way to predict a server crash, even if IT took extra steps to ensure it wouldn’t happen.

Sure anticipation sucks, but it’s finally HERE, which is what everyone on this forum wanted - the Bronco debut.

I don’t understand why folks think that a brand new model should just magically appear on the sales room floor. Go onto any other Automotive forum where a brand new XYZ is about to be released and you will find the same exact “growing pains” and the whining from expected buyers. BMW’s M models, the new Corvette, the S550 Mustang back in 2014/15, and the list goes on and on.

A brand new platform needs to go through extensive Govt. testing and approvals for safety, fuel consumption and emissions - that takes time. It also requires the design of all new tooling (that costs millions to the manufacturer), the setup of the tooling, working the “hows” of the new assembly process. Even after the tooling was configured, there’s still changes to it and improvements for efficiency. The legal processes (owners manuals, warranty wording, safety, etc) have to be ironed out to protect Ford and it’s interests. All new vendors/suppliers have to go through a bid to win process (Ford doesn’t “make” all its its branded parts), gearing up the aftermarket (yes they get proprietary info as the build is happening so they can bring things to market). Then there’s the IT setup of the web pages, marketing website, ordering sites, final design ques, continued testing of the vehicle in many situations/environments and retesting all of it’s parts, functions and features..... and this goes on and on.

Does anyone even realize that a new model goes through thousands of miles of testing - which isn’t just “mall driving”? These new vehicles are subjected to lots of rigorous testing and abuse - much of which occurs before we ever see an initial “spy shot”. That testing can result in re-dos due to XYZ findings or failures. Also Govt. testing and rejections can lead to delays, or delays with the Legal Team’s wrangling of all the fine print to protect Ford. There’s also many supplier and manufacturing delays right now due to COVID19 which is beyond the control of anyone....

I can’t believe all of the bitching that Ford isn’t moving fast enough for *some* of you...

This isn’t a HotWheels or Matchbox toy that just gets drawn, dies formed, metal pressed into shape and molded plastic snapped together... and “we’re done”.

Even though Ford has completed the “official” release of videos and info, as we are posting and “wanting” - that Bronco is still going through a multitude of tests, possible design changes with final combos/option packages and possible changes with parts revisions and/or supplier revisions. Just because we “see” the current Bronco platforms in the official Ford ads or from XYZ Magazine tests doesn’t mean rose are THE absolute final production vehicles and their combos.

Those complaining really need to either take a chill pill or just go buy something else - it’s that simple.
Exactly! It's always easier to pick apart than to build something. Ford deserves a ton of credit for what they have accomplished. The expectation seems to be perfection in every way for everybody. Reality doesn't work that way. And then there is this tone of being so offended by minor things that is bizarre.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree 100%. I still can’t figure out why they revealed the vehicle at least a month before the build and price website was ready to go. They should have waited until that was up and running so there would be less confused and frustrated people out there. Talk about baffling on Ford’s part.
Seriously.... the big release was even postponed for x months... its bad enough there is very little concrete info out there, but to not be able to tell folks the prices, what is stand alone options, ect..
But asking them to make reservations... wth.

One thing that people here seem to blow over is that the $100 is refundable until you order. (Then it may or may not be). Yet when we order, we still would not have been able to actually see one in real life.

I would have rather Ford kept everything hush for another month and actually had there stuff together.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP seems like a journalist preparing an article, but it does get you thinking.

I won't cancel my reservation, but I also see this as a normal first run release by a manufacturer. No one ever likes to wait. Also can't help feel that COVID-19 has had the biggest impact on the delay and fractured roll out.

Due to the world going to crap, we all will just need to be a little more understanding. However, we've all been suffering some sort of psychosis during this entire experience and those emotions will spill over into taking it out on the Bronco and Ford, but better them than inside your home.

Don't want to make excuses for Ford, because I've never owned one, but to be fair, this launch is a new thing for them as well. Ford has never released such an object of desire, they're Ford! Sure, there have been some limited edition Mustangs and the Raptor, but none of those were produced at a projected clip of 100,000 per year; that's Bronco! In fact, no car manufacturer EVER, has released one vehicle that 100,000 people were instantly willing to at once, fork over this much money to have it first.

Bronco is Ford's biggest release since Taurus and Explorer, but neither of those really raised heart rates (Taurus in particular didn't), so a tad bit of understanding towards Ford is due.

I'm still just happy that they did the impossible, which is listen to the passionate enthusiasts who often are taken for granted by automakers and Ford will get my money as result. Think we all see now that maybe it's because we are so hard to please.
Nope...OP is just a sales lacky that tries to put myself in my customers shoes so that I do a better job of taking care of their needs than my competition. Right or wrong, I expect the same from suppliers that I am preparing to send my hard earned money to....a lot of money in this case! Ford has loads of smart people and probably also consultants on staff to prepare for this. A disjointed roll out deserves to be questioned. Maybe some of their geniuses are reading this (my hope) and they take back some great ideas mentioned here to help them regroup. The 3 phase rollout by Vintage (Reveal, Build, Reserve) would surely have gone better than the Fire, Ready, Aim approach demonstrated.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no issues waiting. Good things come to those that wait!

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meanwhile I'm still driving an '04 Grand Cherokee with over 250k miles. I've had many opportunities to buy something nicer and came close to purchasing a Wrangler Rubicon Recon this year, but I keep waiting and I keep saving. Sure it will be another year before I see my Bronco, and that's ok with me. I'd rather wait for something that I know I want vs. making a purchase now for something I'll regret later. #patience

jeepgc1.jpg

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh yeah, they make sure the oil is changed on schedule with only the best synthetic. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MJJ

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A lot going on in this thread already... Ford should have been better prepared for the excitement and rush of reservations. Test the reservation website. Use a server that can handle the demand. Even with Covid-19, there was enough time to do this; it did not have to be performed in person.

Most of us on the Forum are passionate about the Bronco. We know more than the average salesperson. I wonder if Ford was withholding information from dealers to avoid leaks. How many Ford dealers are there in North America? Someone was bound to spill the beans pre-release, post photos online, etc. I think the Forum did an *amazing* job of keeping us informed.

I agree that the Build function should have been ready a week after reservations were placed. Imagine how we'd be complaining about that site crashing or the colors not appearing properly.

Yeah, the new Escape, I mean Bronco Sport, should have been the last member of the Bronco family to be built, not the first. How much excitement is there for the Sport? (To be honest, I haven't looked at any of the YouTube videos featuring the Sport.)

I have waited decades for a Bronco. Another ten months to a year to get my dream ride? It means I can save more for a bigger down payment. It WILL be worth the wait, yinz, hold your horses.
Sponsored