Sponsored

Will Bronco have equivalent to Toyota Crawl Control?

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I used the search function and couldn't find "crawl control" as being mentioned before though I know it must be somewhere on this site. I'm new to the civilian side of off-roading and its technology. I saw a Toyota Crawl Control demonstration and a couple online videos showing it getting out of just ridiculous situations, sunk down in sand.

Does Ford have such a feature, and if so, what is it called? Is this likely part of the GOAT modes? Please school me because that Toyota demonstration blew me away. I'd be happy as hell if the Bronco could do something similar. Thank you.
Have you watched any of the Bronco testing videos?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you watched any of the Bronco testing videos?
I've watched one where they went to a well-known trail like Moab or Rubicon and there were three of them, but that's about it. Can you link me please? Keep in mind though they're likely testing a Sasquatch or high trim level. I'm getting the base more than likely. So no lockers, no Auto 4x4, sway bar disconnect, etc. etc. Watching a tricked out Bronco won't tell me much I don't think, but maybe you saw different videos.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've watched one where they went to a well-known trail like Moab or Rubicon and there were three of them, but that's about it. Can you link me please? Keep in mind though they're likely testing a Sasquatch or high trim level. I'm getting the base more than likely. So no lockers, no Auto 4x4, sway bar disconnect, etc. etc. Watching a tricked out Bronco won't tell me much I don't think, but maybe you saw different videos.
It’s here are some of them. You may have seen some of these already. These are all pre-production models but it’s my understanding that they did the testing in the stock badlands models with 33” tires. I’m sure most of the other folks on here can give you some better information but I thought you might like to see the videos. There are many more on YouTube but here are a few of them

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
@flatlander40 Thanks, the first couple were new to me. Appreciate it! Yes, it looks like all three from the first set of videos have front lockers and likely rear lockers so not so applicable to base models but cool to see.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been lots of videos of the Ford and Toyota systems. The Ford system is generally considered very good and is much less abrupt Than the Toyota system. One would assume that the Bronco has additional refinement and will be a step up from past applications. It is another reason I think I can skip a front locker for my expected use. I will likely not use the automated system unless I cant get through or over an obstacle without it, but nice to have.
Sponsored