Sponsored

Will Bronco have equivalent to Toyota Crawl Control?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Trail one pedal drive. Horrible name for it but same idea.
No, that’s different. One pedal drive just puts on the brakes as you ease off the throttle so you don’t roll backwards. You don’t have to drive with two feet. Obviously this is only available on the auto trans.
Sponsored

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For most people, yes. Not for people that have had plenty of practice. There’s an art to the way to get unstuck from sand and other general off-roading. Just takes lots of practice.
With all of the fancy computer wizardry included in this thing I am wondered what I am going to be doing besides pushing buttons. Maybe I will let my dogs drive.... The only thing I have now is hill decent control. I only use it to scare the crap out of my wife because it takes a few second to engage, after I let go of the brakes.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, that’s different
Whatever it’s called, there’s a feature that’s basically the same as Toyota’s crawl control.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With all of the fancy computer wizardry included in this thing I am wondered what I am going to be doing besides pushing buttons. Maybe I will let my dogs drive.... The only thing I have now is hill decent control. I only use it to scare the crap out of my wife because it takes a few second to engage, after I let go of the brakes.
Yep, you can literally sit in the passenger seat or in the back as long as you can manipulate the steering wheel.

disclaimer: only to be used off-road and generally advised never to be used in this manner. :)

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whatever it’s called, there’s a feature that’s basically the same as Toyota’s crawl control.
Yes, it’s called Trail Control. That’s what we’re all talking about here. You took a weird turn and started talking about the one pedal drive system. Keep up

• Haha
Reactions: RG7

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For most people, yes. Not for people that have had plenty of practice. There’s an art to the way to get unstuck from sand and other general off-roading. Just takes lots of practice.
The first year the FJ had it, multiple expert drivers tried to get unstuck without it, couldn’t, turned it on, and it crawled right out. It got amazing reviews from them. It shifts power and brakes each wheel individually...you can’t do it manually. It is an awesome technology. All the practice in the world can’t replicate it.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, it’s called Trail Control. That’s what we’re all talking about here. You took a weird turn and started talking about the one pedal drive system. Keep up
Relax buddy I missed one of three different names for trail driving features ?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So there’s 3 different smart systems.

Trail Control is off-road cruise control

One Pedal Drive is auto braking that engages when you let off of the throttle.

Trail Turn Assist auto brakes the inside tire when you turn as to pivot off of it

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I read about Trail Control and had already read about the Bronco Trail Turn Assist for autos and Trail one-pedal drive, or whatever it is officially called. They don't seem to be like Toyota's Crawl Control. This is what I'm talking about:

You can get stuck on all four wheels in deep sand and still somehow get out.
Neat trick.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The first year the FJ had it, multiple expert drivers tried to get unstuck without it, couldn’t, turned it on, and it crawled right out. It got amazing reviews from them. It shifts power and brakes each wheel individually...you can’t do it manually. It is an awesome technology. All the practice in the world can’t replicate it.
It’s a great system. I have it. But it doesn’t always work best in every scenario. You can see some videos online where people show this.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what does the crawler gear do on the manuals?

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the fj have front and rear lockers? If all four wheels are spinning the same speed slowly, what could be better? Does the Toyota stop a wheel? Is there some advantage to having one wheel not turning at all?

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like hearing my brakes machine gun with the downhill assist.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yessir im a believer in that geekery stuff had a high performance sedan that had a track mode every night i would come to a certian crazy turn with track i could fly around said turn without it was a hairball stupid fun though.

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
check this out
Thank you! I've watched a few of his videos for new off-roaders. I'm thinking even with me having two open differentials (base or Big Bend) but having the Bronco traction control that I should have similar results to him. I'm just paranoid of getting stuck out on the beach I guess.
Sponsored