Sponsored

Will cargo security drawer allow for a fridge/freezer slider on top?

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone know if the cargo security drawer will support installation of a slide for a fridge/freezer on top? I'm sure it will support the weight on top, but unsure about the load once the slide is extended out.

Ford Bronco Will cargo security drawer allow for a fridge/freezer slider on top? vm2dz-78115a00-e
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just gave me an idea. Someone needs to build a pull out fridge/freezer in this form factory.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably.. with the MIC top. You won't be pulling anything out the bed with the soft top on and that drawer system in place unless you take the rear window out every time. The kickstand just doesn't open it up much. an extra 12" or so over the tailgate. As far as mounting it to the drawer system, that part should be fairly easy.

Maybe there is an easier way to open the rear window on the soft top, but it didnt seem that way when I checked out the preproduction vehicles.

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just gave me an idea. Someone needs to build a pull out fridge/freezer in this form factory.
Check out this around the 8 minute mark.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Will cargo security drawer allow for a fridge/freezer slider on top? 1621631516470

Not the exact same, but should provide a sense of scale/dimensions.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m going for, itā€™s just unclear how well the drawer box is secured to the floor of the cargo spaceā€¦if I slide 100+ LB fridge out will the whole thing want to tip out? Not sure if it is designed for this type of application or not.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m going for, itā€™s just unclear how well the drawer box is secured to the floor of the cargo spaceā€¦if I slide 100+ LB fridge out will the whole thing want to tip out? Not sure if it is designed for this type of application or not.
Excellent question.

Iā€˜ve been very interested in the security drawer options, and havenā€™t seen anything on how it mounts yet.

It would have to mount in a way that is secure enough to support the drawer being extended outā€¦ so with the drawer and contents inside, It would probably be able to support the weight of a fridge extended outā€¦

ā€¦but youā€™re smart to check first.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Total guess, but it's smaller brother, the slide out tailgate was designed to allow you to stand on it to reach the roof. Guessing this mounts the same way so I wouldn't think it would flip up on you.

Now whether it's rail hardware is quality enough to dangle out with that much weight..that's an unknown.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent question.

Iā€˜ve been very interested in the security drawer options, and havenā€™t seen anything on how it mounts yet.

It would have to mount in a way that is secure enough to support the drawer being extended outā€¦ so with the drawer and contents inside, It would probably be able to support the weight of a fridge extended outā€¦

ā€¦but youā€™re smart to check first.
Theoretically it mounts to the four tie-down points, either directly to them, or by unscrewing them and using the thread (or some similar method).
Sponsored

Last edited: