Sponsored

Will changing a 2023 order to 2.3/7 v. 2.7/10, all other things being the same, affect my price protection?

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer is saying they don't know, but you would think Ford would better define "similarly equipped" in their FAQ section?
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are keeping the same 4x4 system (either the standard or the advanced auto 4x4 transfer case), you will keep your price protection. If you change the 4x4 system, you lose some or all of the price protection.

OP
OP
f1loco

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, assuming I still order a Badlands with SAS, the 4x4 system would not change going to a 2.3L M from the 2.7/Auto? You would think FORD is asked this enough to issue a clear one liner if customer wishes to change power from 2.7/Auto to 2.3/M it does or does not affect price protection. The dealers all seem to be spooked by the inquiry.

ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, assuming I still order a Badlands with SAS, the 4x4 system would not change going to a 2.3L M from the 2.7/Auto? You would think FORD is asked this enough to issue a clear one liner if customer wishes to change power from 2.7/Auto to 2.3/M it does or does not affect price protection. The dealers all seem to be spooked by the inquiry.
I have this same question.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your case the protected price will decrease since the 2.3 and auto will be removed.

Jnf

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Cadillac XTS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked this same question to Samantha at Granger Ford and she told me that it did change price protection in the past but that they didn’t know if it would or wouldn’t impact price protection when changing from a 22 to a 23 despite their attempts to get clarification from Ford.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same question. I asked my dealer (Granger), and they said, they don't know, they don't have the info yet.
Sponsored