Sponsored

Will dealer allocations push some early reservation holders to 23?

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So with the latest news from Ford I honestly don’t think I will even see my Bronco next year!!

my dealer was only going to have 16 non FE allocations this year and I was number 20. I believe only one FE has been delivered to the dealership so far. Which means I still have 19 people in front of me. If allocations are similar I could actually not fall into allocations next year Due to ford not filling any of their orders from this year. My reservation is from early am 7/14. I have a 2 dr on order. This is insane. They should lose this allocation crap at this point and fill orders by reservation number when they are back up and running. otherwise you are potentially going to have early reservation holders still without their bronco next year while people with much later reservation dates get theirs. So frustrating. :mad:
Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm wondering that myself. If that's the case, tell me now.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford specifically introduced the allocations in Bronco's case to be able to manipulate, by secret formula, which dealers get the most. To weaken the first come, first made reservation promises they made. They will never go back, they don't want to go back. Heck, maybe they always intended to do allocations and just flat out lied. We'll never know...

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Consider that MY22 will be a full production year versus the partial that is MY21. All the FEs will be done. Some percentage of orders outside of FEs will have been filled by the end of the year. Granted a small percentage.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that it is logical to assume that a dealers allocation will be increased from what was planned as a half years production for MY21 vs a full years production in MY22. Or else what happens to all the other Broncos coming off the line? And before anyone starts screaming zomg dealer stock!, it has already been stated that a retail order will get built before a dealer stock order if commodities allow it.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with the latest news from Ford I honestly don’t think I will even see my Bronco next year!!

my dealer was only going to have 16 non FE allocations this year and I was number 20. I believe only one FE has been delivered to the dealership so far. Which means I still have 19 people in front of me. If allocations are similar I could actually not fall into allocations next year Due to ford not filling any of their orders from this year. My reservation is from early am 7/14. I have a 2 dr on order. This is insane. They should lose this allocation crap at this point and fill orders by reservation number when they are back up and running. otherwise you are potentially going to have early reservation holders still without their bronco next year while people with much later reservation dates get theirs. So frustrating. :mad:
The problem is the back up and running part. The mic issues are so bad they’re replacing ALL of them. Any fix to mic will take waaaaayyy longer than Ford is letting on.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Switch dealers to improve your odds?

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The problem is the back up and running part. The mic issues are so bad they’re replacing ALL of them. Any fix to mic will take waaaaayyy longer than Ford is letting on.
oh I agree. I don’t see them getting a whole new design up and running in under 2 months like they are saying. I mean they have had how long to figure this out?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That is all being addressed before MY22 starts. There are NO more new scheduled MIC top orders for MY21. They will catch up.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford specifically introduced the allocations in Bronco's case to be able to manipulate, by secret formula, which dealers get the most. To weaken the first come, first made reservation promises they made. They will never go back, they don't want to go back. Heck, maybe they always intended to do allocations and just flat out lied. We'll never know...
It’s possible. I think that the under invoice/adm dealers screwed it up for everyone. If everybody would’ve charged MSRP no one would’ve had to of moved their reservation. Once they threw the allocation BS in they threw out the reservation system.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think ford realized early on the the mic to was a turd and had been working on the retooling all this time, probably since they invaded webasto. Once they clear all the fubared tops, dirt lot rigs and fe's its on to production of existing vins which should take them right up to dec.
For those of us with vins this is a blessing in disguise... Hopefully our tops with be spot on with no issues...

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is all being addressed before MY22 starts. There are NO more new scheduled MIC top orders for MY21. They will catch up.
Except for FE.

Mic manufacturer couldn’t handle anything close to the amount needed and now they’re just going to pump out enough redesigned tops to catch up? Maybe they will….by MY24.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Except for FE.

Mic manufacturer couldn’t handle anything close to the amount needed and now they’re just going to pump out enough redesigned tops to catch up? Maybe they will….by MY24.
Math says they are somewhere in the 9500 range of new tops that are needed to get back to ground zero to start MY22. At the end of July into August, the weekly build sheets where showing they were capable, I don't know why people think its only a 100 tops a month, this isnt May/June. Dirt Mountain was built in less then a couple weeks of work.

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do the dealer stock units go against the allocation limit? If so this is very concerning. Commodities are still expected to be restrained well into 2022 so even if they are at full production, if your build has constraints and late res holders do not, they will bump ahead of you in line and take up another allocation. So if your build has a lot of sins, it's possible that you could continue to be bumped down the line and when the parts do come in to build your ride... ooops! We're all out of allocations for this year! Sorry!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not worried too much myself.

My dealer was allocated 24 Broncos this year—I’m number 47 but heard I got bumped to 39 after a handful of canceled orders and orders that set their priority to 99.

They said 24 was a shocking low number for them given the amount of orders they had. It’s not uncommon for them to be allocated hundreds of a vehicle, and the only time they’ve seen allocation numbers this low for a product in such a high demand was for the F-150 Raptor (they’re worried the F-150 Lightning launch is going to have similar issues).

I think we’re seeing the results of a supply shortage, a new product launch, and a production year which didn’t actually start until halfway through the year. So assuming supply chains improve in the next 6 months, we’ll probably see significant improvement next year.

Unfortunately for me… no one is switching to soft top at my dealer. I believe they said they have 118 hard top orders that are not priority 99, and only three people switched (one of those three people just got a build date yesterday). I didn’t switch either so I guess I have no right to complain, but it does mean I probably won’t see my Bronco until late spring/summer 2022.
Sponsored