Will dealers be trained and ready when the price and build drops?

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Unless you're a dealership like Granger, I highly doubt it. Most are content to print money with the F150. Sometimes they forget Ford even makes another product beside the F150. Go check out all the comedy of the Mach-E release on their forum. Most salespeople are so bad, you'd think they had been trained by the competition.

Advertisement

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Clubs

Some will, like Granger, but most won't be. But I'm sure they'll quickly tell you everything you want to know about the Bronco... and then you'll correct them.
Ray.gif

icd70

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
It mostly depends on the dedication of the dealership or the individual salesperson. Some will most won't...

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple of Acuras
Clubs

If they are regularly visiting this site, then yes, they will be trained and ready.

If not, just plan on keeping things simple to get the required administrative stuff done... and then come back here for questions. That's my plan! :LOL:

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Clubs

When I called my local dealer the reps were not well versed in knowledge. However, the sales manager was, but he was also purchasing his own. I would try to work with your sales manager, but this forum is more updated than even the Bronco sponsored forum. So ask the community if it's vehicle specific questions.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i, X7
I’m not an IT guy but I’m more wondering if their site will crash when B&P goes live. In a perfect world since there are 170K reservations they’d not open B&P to the public for the first month of there is a concern with the site crashing. Again with the first world problems, I know.

gentlemanbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Clubs

I’m not an IT guy but I’m more wondering if their site will crash when B&P goes live. In a perfect world since there are 170K reservations they’d not open B&P to the public for the first month of there is a concern with the site crashing. Again with the first world problems, I know.
I think it will be less crashy than the actual reveal was, my only reasoning is because people won't be trying to make an actual transaction like the reservations were.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 05 Trailblazer
Clubs

I've met salespeople that didn't know a thing about the vehicles already actually on their lots so....

IXxMcCoyxXl

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Taurus, 2010 Ford F-150
Clubs

I truly hope Ford dealers are trained and ready when the price and build drops. They will be killed with phone calls, texts and e-mails. Will they be ready?
Not as ready as us no lifers will be. Haha

Used2jeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

I've met salespeople that didn't know a thing about the vehicles already actually on their lots so....
Or the salespeople that walk away from you when you ask an easy yet detailed question.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
I truly hope Ford dealers are trained and ready when the price and build drops. They will be killed with phone calls, texts and e-mails. Will they be ready?
What do they need to know? Do your build and price then print it out and take it to the dealer.

Advertisement

Advertisement