Sponsored

Will dealers be trained and ready when the price and build drops?

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I truly hope Ford dealers are trained and ready when the price and build drops. They will be killed with phone calls, texts and e-mails. Will they be ready?
My guess is no
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

most salesmen are just that, salesmen. they aren't really interested or knowledgeable in what they are selling, they just know how to sell it and all the work that needs to be done to make the sale. that said, when we bought our volvo, the sales guy i dealt with loved volvos and i also talked to a tech who just came back from sweden after getting trained on the new models.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more concerned with how well their shops are trained when Broncos start being delivered. I'm assuming that a lot of accessories will be dealer installed. If you get one of the first Broncos in your area, I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for them trying to figure things out.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

some $200 “ultra, extra, High 8K HDTV, silver plated, air-filled foamed polyethylene insulation HDMI cable.”
That is a wierd way to spell my father in laws name...lol.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance. My sales rep didnt even know about the event in CO. I sent him a link to the thread here and he was blown away. Said there hasnt been updates from Ford since the reveal.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I truly hope Ford dealers are trained and ready when the price and build drops. They will be killed with phone calls, texts and e-mails. Will they be ready?
"Thank you for calling. Please hold."

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The few dealerships that care about the product and have put together Bronco Teams will be ready. The majority of dealerships that are treating the Bronco as just another vehicle on the lot to sell have no clue what they are in for. But what you have to remember, is we (Bronco6G) will end up pairing with the former while the majority of the reservations holders will pair with the latter.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ever since Ford announced Bronco's return, we've been passionate about it, gathering all the information we can find, reading/participating in the bronco6g forum, googling "Ford Bronco" every day for new tidbits of information, etc.

To most salespeople, it's just another vehicle in the Ford fleet. We know a hell of a lot more than the average salesperson does.

The other thing, some sales folk want to sell a vehicle that's on the lot now, not one that will be available sometime in the future. What commission does the salesperson make? Will s/he be working at that dealership in six/nine/twelve months?

Real conversation from summer 2019:

Me to Ford salesman, "I'm interested in information about the Bronco."

Salesman, "We don't have any information at this time. Do you want to test drive an Escape?"

"No, I want information about a Bronco."

"What can I do to get you to drive off in a new car today?"

"Build me a Bronco."

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't hold your breath. I get the impression that dealers live very much in the now and just want to move units in stock.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my reservation with and will be ordering through Granger and have zero doubt about their knowledge of the Bronco ;) I do expect them to be extremely busy, but also already know exactly what I want and don't mind waiting a few days until after things calm down. The order window should be plenty wide and since the build order is supposedly tied to the reservation date stamp rather than when the order is places there is really no rush.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ever since Ford announced Bronco's return, we've been passionate about it, gathering all the information we can find, reading/participating in the bronco6g forum, googling "Ford Bronco" every day for new tidbits of information, etc.

To most salespeople, it's just another vehicle in the Ford fleet. We know a hell of a lot more than the average salesperson does.

The other thing, some sales folk want to sell a vehicle that's on the lot now, not one that will be available sometime in the future. What commission does the salesperson make? Will s/he be working at that dealership in six/nine/twelve months?

Real conversation from summer 2019:

Me to Ford salesman, "I'm interested in information about the Bronco."

Salesman, "We don't have any information at this time. Do you want to test drive an Escape?"

"No, I want information about a Bronco."

"What can I do to get you to drive off in a new car today?"

"Build me a Bronco."
That is just depressing. True ... but depressing.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doubtful on most. I don’t rely on stores, dealers or associates for information, they’re generally useless for the most part. My poor dealer didn’t even know the exhaust was active on my Challenger, I had to look it up online. I hope people are smart enough in this day and age to do their own homework.

Relying on others for the best information is what gets people walking out of Best Buy with a $5K 8K Samsung QLED because it’s “best” and some $200 “ultra, extra, High 8K HDTV, silver plated, air-filled foamed polyethylene insulation HDMI cable.”
Always remember, most people will always do the absolute minimum to get the job done. This is why they are useless.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always remember, most people will always do the absolute minimum to get the job done. This is why they are useless.
You speak the truth.
Sponsored