Sponsored

Will doors / roof panels fit in cargo if Cargo Area Security Drawer is installed?

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all.

Can anyone confirm that by installing the Cargo Area Security Drawer, we won’t be facing any issues with storing all four doors or roof panels in their respective bags in back?

I can see the loops for the storage bags have been placed on top of the drawer, so I’m assuming we’re good to go. But, at $670 I just want to be certain.

Ford Bronco Will doors / roof panels fit in cargo if Cargo Area Security Drawer is installed? 45C38BB0-543B-452E-8AAC-47E9CD079D5B

Thanks.
Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford performance parts guys I talked to a few weeks ago thought there was no way for the four doors to store with the drawer.

The actually forwarded my question concerning the security enclosure lid to the manufacturer who replied that they can't confirm that at the time because they themselves don't have a bronco and these were built using extremely specific specs from Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford performance parts guys I talked to a few weeks ago thought there was no way for the four doors to store with the drawer.

The actually forwarded my question concerning the security enclosure lid to the manufacturer who replied that they can't confirm that at the time because they themselves don't have a bronco and these were built using extremely specific specs from Ford.
It will not leave enough vertical space. I don't have a source but I remember reading it.
It’s been said that even the slide out tailgate negates the ability to store the doors back there.
Wow. That’s pretty upsetting... if anyone manages to find any written information about this, definitely post it here.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe with the softop down?

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford show rep confirmed to me the storage is a no go with the slideout tailgate or storage drawers.

That said, who cares, if the roof is off, put the doors in, they stick up a few inches, no big deal.
I could see that being fine with the slide-out tailgate. On the other hand, the security drawer is fairly tall. The height may not be an issue roof-less, but you don’t think the width will create any issues with the doors sitting so much higher?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I would definitely hold off until we know for sure. I can't possibly see the doors sitting with the much higher security drawer. I'm not convinced they do not fit with the slide out tailgate but I'm still being reserved.

Also those are not really door tie-downs as much as just generic tie-downs that they may use of for the door harnesses. So just seeing them there doesn't mean they were intended for the doors.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think your questions have been answered already but just to add, those “loops” aren’t there solely for the doors, they are tie-down points for anything you want to secure too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I would definitely hold off until we know for sure. I can't possibly see the doors sitting with the much higher security drawer. I'm not convinced they do not fit with the slide out tailgate but I'm still being reserved.

Also those are not really door tie-downs as much as just generic tie-downs that they may use of for the door harnesses. So just seeing them there doesn't mean they were intended for the doors.
Sure.

And luckily I know better than to order accessories for a vehicle that has yet to hit the dealerships. However, I’m still glad I asked.

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think your questions have been answered already but just to add, those “loops” aren’t there solely for the doors, they are tie-down points for anything you want to secure too.
Yep.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That said, who cares, if the roof is off, put the doors in, they stick up a few inches, no big deal.
Heck, leave the doors wherever you left the roof... ;)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I could see that being fine with the slide-out tailgate. On the other hand, the security drawer is fairly tall. The height may not be an issue roof-less, but you don’t think the width will create any issues with the doors sitting so much higher?
Not when you look at this photo, it should be fine.

rd-bronco-2021-oem-29-angle-blue-exterior-off-road.jpg

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs