Sponsored

Will doors / roof panels fit in cargo if Cargo Area Security Drawer is installed?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not when you look at this photo, it should be fine.

rd-bronco-2021-oem-29-angle-blue-exterior-off-road.jpg
If you notice, the top of the door related to the back seat. Once you put a drawer in their, the doors will be up higher.

Now maybe the harness has enough extra length, maybe it doesn't, maybe you can extend the lengths... We just don't know.

But if you also look at the 2nd door, it is just under the roll bar right before it starts to taper in. Raise it up and it may start to get pretty tight.

Not saying folks won't figure out something, and hell, even if you could still fit at least 2 doors back there I'd be good with that.

Personally I'm very curious because I really want to at least level out the cargo when the seats are down...but having a security drawer almost seems like a requirement...but at the cost of the doors? Dunno.
Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

when raised up by the security drawer, it looks like the top edge of the doors (when stored in the back), would be above the rollbar and in the wind. The door bag and strap material may not be strong enough for that.

It may PHYSICALLY fit when parked, but if Ford tells you that you can, and wind resistance rips the bag or the strap and your doors fall out while driving (very little vertical structure to "contain" the doors once the doors are that high up, probably 5 inches or so from the top of the tail gate), it'd be a huge liability for Ford.

Peter

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They won’t fit as intended, but you could probably do it with the roof off, and turned 90 degrees.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all.

Can anyone confirm that by installing the Cargo Area Security Drawer, we won’t be facing any issues with storing all four doors or roof panels in their respective bags in back?

I can see the loops for the storage bags have been placed on top of the drawer, so I’m assuming we’re good to go. But, at $670 I just want to be certain.

45C38BB0-543B-452E-8AAC-47E9CD079D5B.jpeg

Thanks.
Really wish they had this for the 2 door the 2 door version is a open Hydralic lid at top and is deeper but like the drawer way better would have been perfect for range days

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hell, even if you could still fit at least 2 doors back there I'd be good with that.

Personally I'm very curious because I really want to at least level out the cargo when the seats are down...but having a security drawer almost seems like a requirement...but at the cost of the doors? Dunno.
Exactly

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yah, getting a load floor that is even with the seat back when seats are down would be sooo nice. I wonder if it's possible to remove the existing false floor, add some support around the sides and middle, to increase the storage underneath, and bring the floor up to seat back (when folded) height. Inconspicuous storage! And if it can be secured, then even better!! The thickness should be enough for most firearms that doesn't have attachments at an angle (looking at you, offset iron sights, flashlights on the side, etc etc).

Peter

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd think you could probably fit the roof panels back there, but the doors would be too tall with this security drawer.

If you notice, the top of the door related to the back seat. Once you put a drawer in their, the doors will be up higher.

Now maybe the harness has enough extra length, maybe it doesn't, maybe you can extend the lengths... We just don't know.

But if you also look at the 2nd door, it is just under the roll bar right before it starts to taper in. Raise it up and it may start to get pretty tight.

Not saying folks won't figure out something, and hell, even if you could still fit at least 2 doors back there I'd be good with that.

That one does have the tailgate, but was also the reveal one.

I don't think we've seen anything official about the doors not fitting with the tailgate, just speculation. I feel like they may fit, but we'll see.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not when you look at this photo, it should be fine.

rd-bronco-2021-oem-29-angle-blue-exterior-off-road.jpg
I think that photo shows it's a no go, that 4th door seems to be under the cross bar, no way to lift that several inches. So maybe you can store two doors, but not all 4 with that drawer or slide out tail gate in there, don't think there's 4 inches of play.

Good question though.

I'd also see what other after market things might develop, that drawer doesn't look all that secure to me, but I haven't seen it in person.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that photo shows it's a no go, that 4th door seems to be under the cross bar, no way to lift that several inches. So maybe you can store two doors, but not all 4 with that drawer or slide out tail gate in there, don't think there's 4 inches of play.

Good question though.

I'd also see what other after market things might develop, that drawer doesn't look all that secure to me, but I haven't seen it in person.
That photo does have the tailgate.
Sponsored