Sponsored

Will dropping the Trailer tow pkg get my Bronco built sooner?

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got a 4dr OB with a 2.3 and the hardtop and the trailer tow pkg. ordered. I'm thinking about calling the dealer and asking them to delete the trailer tow pkg as it appears fairly easy to add later with the hope that deleting the Trailer tow pkg. will help the Bronco get built sooner. What are people thoughts on this plan?
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume you have not received a VIN? But hereā€™s my takeā€¦changing your order to ā€˜possiblyā€™ get built a week or two earlier but sacrificing the vehicle you want makes no sense. Commodity constraints can and will change weekly. I have an OBX, 2.7, towing, MIC top, but I have a build week and VIN. Even if I didnā€™t have a date, I still wouldnā€™t change my order to ā€˜possiblyā€™ get a date that could be a few weeks earlier.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Better off with an aftermarket Class III or IV hitch anyway. Far more stable...

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're playing roulette. You've no idea what the next thing will be. You have no control. None. Order what you want, relax, wait. It'll come.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better off with an aftermarket Class III or IV hitch anyway. Far more stable...
And where does that get you the 7pin harness and plug n play option for a brake controller?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a 4dr OB with a 2.3 and the hardtop and the trailer tow pkg. ordered. I'm thinking about calling the dealer and asking them to delete the trailer tow pkg as it appears fairly easy to add later with the hope that deleting the Trailer tow pkg. will help the Bronco get built sooner. What are people thoughts on this plan?
Don't do it. I have tow on mine and I have a vin. I think the two biggest issues is the sas and lux. Your probably in better shape since you have the OB and the 2.3L

Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I assume you have not received a VIN? But hereā€™s my takeā€¦changing your order to ā€˜possiblyā€™ get built a week or two earlier but sacrificing the vehicle you want makes no sense. Commodity constraints can and will change weekly. I have an OBX, 2.7, towing, MIC top, but I have a build week and VIN. Even if I didnā€™t have a date, I still wouldnā€™t change my order to ā€˜possiblyā€™ get a date that could be a few weeks earlier.
I totally agree with my MN brethren. I do not have a vin/build date and actually changed my order this week, potentially/likely extending my wait. Youā€™ve waited this long, why not be just a little more patient and get what you want. Youā€™ll be happier in the long run.

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped the stow package..it wasnā€™t that important to me and I need a Bronco by October. Wildtrak seem hard to come by, I will not give up the sas or lux...so I may have to wair

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
And where does that get you the 7pin harness and plug n play option for a brake controller?
If you need a 7 pin connector, that means you need electric trailer brakes. If you are towing a trailer that heavy, you will want a Class III or IV hitch. Or not. your call. Applied physics...

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really donā€™t think it is going to make a difference because the biggest constraint in your order is the hardtop not the trailer tow. If they still donā€™t have a hardtop for your build than dropping tow package doesnā€™t get you your vehicle faster.

if you want your vehicle as fast as possible, you would have to switch to the soft top and drop the tow package.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why compromise? dropped microphone........
Sponsored