Sponsored

Will early issues be fixed / new features be added with 2022 Bronco?

BroncoBeach

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer tells me that my Bronco will most likely be built as a 2022 model since I am still pretty far down on the list (reserved 7/17/2020). Is it safe to assume that Ford will correct some of the early issues with the 2022 model? Obviously the roofs are already being addressed. I see a lot of complaints about the air vents being underneath the seats in the back. Is that something that Ford would possibly redesign for 2022? Or are they too far behind on orders to really make any major design changes in 2022?
Sponsored

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having a MY22 isn't too bad. Putting in an order in now lines you up for a MY23.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer tells me that my Bronco will most likely be built as a 2022 model since I am still pretty far down on the list (reserved 7/17/2020). Is it safe to assume that Ford will correct some of the early issues with the 2022 model? Obviously the roofs are already being addressed. I see a lot of complaints about the air vents being underneath the seats in the back. Is that something that Ford would possibly redesign for 2022? Or are they too far behind on orders to really make any major design changes in 2022?
The one main thing that I hope is for 22 is that they get rid of the cloth backing on the back seats and make the backings out of a hard surface plastic

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBeach

BroncoBeach

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having a MY22 isn't too bad. Putting in an order in now lines you up for a MY23.
I placed my order in February. My dealership had 175 reservations and I was number 83. I changed my order to a soft top last month in hopes of moving up in line. But it still looks like mine won't be built until 2022.

Alexis England

Black Diamond
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford F350 dually 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I placed my order in February. My dealership had 175 reservations and I was number 83. I changed my order to a soft top last month in hopes of moving up in line. But it still looks like mine won't be built until 2022.
same here but now I have fallen in love with the idea of a soft top and am looking forward to it!!!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have a fairly high chance of getting a '21, IMO. I'm a 7/16 reservation and got scheduled back in august after soft-topping it. Got bumped to october, but there's still 3-4 more weeks of 2021 scheduling.

Hope it works out for you

OP
OP
BroncoBeach

BroncoBeach

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
same here but now I have fallen in love with the idea of a soft top and am looking forward to it!!!
I am actually excited about the soft top now. My wife and I park our cars in the garage already. I live in the Carolinas where the winters are mild. I expect to drive this car without a top for most of the year.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am actually excited about the soft top now. My wife and I park our cars in the garage already. I live in the Carolinas where the winters are mild. I expect to drive this car without a top for most of the year.
I had a soft top convertible with no garage in NJ for 5 years. No issues. Granted it was a 2 seater, so the frame for the top was much smaller, but I think the bronco soft top will be fine in the south or anywhere else.

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesnā€™t look like they are changing the front camera to not be obstructed by the factory winch...so that tells you something right there about any redesigns for my22.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My guess that the first changes will be easy stuff like color, wheels, and stuff added after build. Then could come a dash and door panel update that they probably have planned. Then a hybred option. It will be a Looooog time before the body changes at all. They could make changes that will improve production methods or safety. But overall, what ya see is what ya get for many years,,,,, IMO.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same man. Mine was March 17, ā€˜21, no conversion, no build date. Dealer screwed up initial order I placed in January and never actually entered it until the last day. Switched to soft top. No response, no vin, no conversion. Dealer in Vegas says Iā€™ll have to wait for MY22, guess Iā€™m getting a ManSquatch now. Just wish I hadnā€™t been drug around for a year with so many unkept promises. At this rate Iā€™ll get a MY22 for $50k over MSRP in 2024.
Sponsored