Sponsored

Will Enough Customers Switch to Soft Tops?

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went from WT to Obx/Sas to get the soft top. Was enough in savings to add the high pkg as well. Took <24hrs to get a VIN after our dealer submitted the change. Ymmv
What day did you initially reserve?
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my Badlands yesterday. My plan is to hold out 6 months for at least some news about the modular hard top, and if it's still not progressing I'll order myself a MIC if I'm not loving the soft top.

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/15 @ ~0100
Kk I’m 7/23 and I’m thinking of doing almost the exact same thing. Want to keep my squatch and 2.7 but I’d do a Black Diamond if I can get it this year.

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kk I’m 7/23 and I’m thinking of doing almost the exact same thing. Want to keep my squatch and 2.7 but I’d do a Black Diamond if I can get it this year.
I may have gone BD or BL, but it is not for me, it is for my wife who isnt going to take this off pavement almost ever. Some having the more comfort focused Obx made sense. We obviously added the 2.7 auto to the obx as well to maintain the WT power.

Tbh her getting the bronco is more for the clout than it is for the off road ability. Who doesnt want to drive one of the bad ass vehicles on the road? Ill get it for hunting season though so itll see some sketchy snow and mud filled logging trails a couple weeks of the year at least.

Sponsored

BBLands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is imperative that everyone call their dealer and make this switch ASAP. Again, everyone that ordered a MIC must call their dealer TODAY and make that switch. My yet to be scheduled BL MIC SAS Lux thanks you for taking one for the team. Seriously though, I have been tempted, but over the course of my 55 years, without fail, the cars I have been most unhappy with were cars without features / options I really wanted but thought I could sacrifice.

Last edited:

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may have gone BD or BL, but it is not for me, it is for my wife who isnt going to take this off pavement almost ever. Some having the more comfort focused Obx made sense. We obviously added the 2.7 auto to the obx as well to maintain the WT power.

Tbh her getting the bronco is more for the clout than it is for the off road ability. Who doesnt want to drive one of the bad ass vehicles on the road? Ill get it for hunting season though so itll see some sketchy snow and mud filled logging trails a couple weeks of the year at least.
Ya I’m really wanting to take this on some nice off-road trails and trips. Fingers crossed I can get a VIN soon. Waiting for my dealer now to ping me back.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is imperative that everyone call their dealer and make this switch ASAP. Again, every that ordered a MIC must call their dealer TODAY and make that switch. My yet to be scheduled BL MIC SAS Lux thanks you for taking one for the team. Seriously though, I have been tempted, but over the course of my 55 years, without fail, the cars I have been most unhappy with were cars without features / options I really wanted but thought I could sacrifice.
Haha!
My 2-door also thanks you since Ford won't offer me a soft top option and I will never be getting a 4-door.😁

As I see it, you are already compromising by getting a 4-door, what's one more compromise?😘😘

310BroncoTK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Macan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I made the switch from mic to soft top. July 16 reservation date. I wonder if I would have made the cut for MIC anyway. Willing to give the soft top a try and purchase a hard top later if I want it. I’m in Southern California. I think soft should work most of the time although I’m conscious of theft issues and drives to Mammoth for skiing in the winter.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A few percent I suspect. Not without some sort of at least estimate of what the hard top would cost later.

Soft top orders were around 10% of all orders.

I really don't understand why people care about the wiring. I've never even had a car with a rear wiper before, and have no intention of ever using it.
I rarely use the rear wiper in the wifes explorer, but when it's cold for 6 months out of the year the defrost function sure as hell gets used alot.

The problem I have is the mic $695 over the soft top. If I switch the Mic will be close to $3000 with shipping and can’t get it for 2 years. The is no best or even which choice to make.
This ^

And I keep thinking to myself if I am spending this much on a vehicle, I am going to get it exactly how I want it.

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m switching on Tuesday… had to switch trims as well since I was originally a Wildtrak. I really wanted the painted Mod Top so didn’t feel like waiting to 2022 just get the MIC. Figure I will drive the soft top for a year and then order either a black or color match top when they become available.
Ditto. Have already switched for the same reasons

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A few percent I suspect. Not without some sort of at least estimate of what the hard top would cost later.

Soft top orders were around 10% of all orders.

I really don't understand why people care about the wiring. I've never even had a car with a rear wiper before, and have no intention of ever using it.
Rear wiper is really nice in Chicago winters when the salt kicks up all over your rear window.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I switched to avoid the majority of the constraints on my order, I would be getting a Jeep.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same boat. I wouldn't even think of it as a compromise. I'd love to be able to get a painted top instead in 2 years.

My dealer called a few weeks ago to see if I'd switch. Conversation went something like this...

Dealer: wanna switch to a soft top?
Me: I'm a 2 door.
Dealer: yeah, you interested in switching, you'll get your Bronco earlier.
Me: I'm a 2 door. I don't want to switch to a 4.
Dealer: so, are you interested in switching?
Me: ...
Gotta laugh

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tried searching for this, but couldn't find an answer. Will the hard top kits allow the connection for the rear defroster as well?
Sponsored