Sponsored

Will Enough Customers Switch to Soft Tops?

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious how many people are interested in taking Ford up on their 'free hardtop prep kit" offer and getting soft tops now. I wonder if enough people will switch that Ford will be producing only customer pre-orders.

It's basically like ordering the dual top and paying for the hard top portion at a later date, isn't it?
Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m switching on Tuesday… had to switch trims as well since I was originally a Wildtrak. I really wanted the painted Mod Top so didn’t feel like waiting to 2022 just get the MIC. Figure I will drive the soft top for a year and then order either a black or color match top when they become available.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This new option is weighing heavily on my mind(and wallet). I will probably do the soft top now, and wait it out for the MOD top later and see what color top will go best with Velocity Blue.
But now I'm considering adding Sasquatch to my Badlands...

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
A few percent I suspect. Not without some sort of at least estimate of what the hard top would cost later.

Soft top orders were around 10% of all orders.

I really don't understand why people care about the wiring. I've never even had a car with a rear wiper before, and have no intention of ever using it.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched last Thursday!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched last week after my dealer confirmed with their Ford rep that I will NOT be scheduled before that September switch, was told only FE will be scheduled over the next weeks. (and if I do get scheduled I have it in writing and they can deal with installing that stuff for free later on on their own dime).

I wanted dual top because I never had a vehicle like this and wasn't sure what I'd like, keep one, sell the other. One of the main reasons for me to buy this thing is the convertible aspect and dealing with panels and all that stuff isn't all that appealing, especially when out and about. Bring the panels? Drive around in the cold when the fog rolls in? Or mount the softie and open and close when ever I want? That's what I really want.

But ideally I want a hard top in the back, soft top in the front, a large 'sunrinder' soft top for the two front rows, but the convenience of a real hard top in back. Anybody listening out there in aftermarket land?

I love that I can close the softie when ever I want, be it too much heat or parking in the sun for hours or driving along the coast and that damn fog rolling in.

We'll see how I like it....

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also hope that enough switch to keep the reservation holders getting their broncos and not too many ending up on the dealer lots...although I know they have to make their living as well.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A few percent I suspect. Not without some sort of at least estimate of what the hard top would cost later.

Soft top orders were around 10% of all orders.

I really don't understand why people care about the wiring. I've never even had a car with a rear wiper before, and have no intention of ever using it.
I really don't know the answer to that Mark. My Jeep Wrangler has the rear wiper, and defrost. The only time I use the wiper is to see if it still works, and with the window standing straight it rarely gets any frost on it. But, we wants what we wants. So if that's folks want that's cool beans in my book.
Sponsored