Sponsored

Will Enough Customers Switch to Soft Tops?

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10, Bronco ll
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I emailed my dealer and told him after reading Ford's email about the MIC top shortage I wanted to switch to a soft top with the prep kit for a hard top. He told me I would lose my options like the Sasquatch package 😡
That doesn't sound right to me, anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Gumbeaux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have four of the sins: 2.7, lux, squatch, MIC. I decided to make big changes: soft top, 2.3, manual, but keep the squatch and lux.I have been wanting a manual anyway. So we will see if this changes anything. Dealer told me that if I do this by July 16th there will be no issue (no “back of the line etc). He said Ford is telling them they will be “regrouping” after that date…whatever that means. I am a day one reservation and converted my order late January only a couple days after it was allowrd. Truth is, I will never know the impact…just waiting. If it turns out the big screen and Sasquatch package are the big delay items for me, then I made no difference with the changes. Lol.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I emailed my dealer and told him after reading Ford's email about the MIC top shortage I wanted to switch to a soft top with the prep kit for a hard top. He told me I would lose my options like the Sasquatch package 😡
That doesn't sound right to me, anyone else have this issue?
Are you getting a Wildtrak? You'd have to switch trims

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have four of the sins: 2.7, lux, squatch, MIC. I decided to make big changes: soft top, 2.3, manual, but keep the squatch and lux.I have been wanting a manual anyway. So we will see if this changes anything. Dealer told me that if I do this by July 16th there will be no issue (no “back of the line etc). He said Ford is telling them they will be “regrouping” after that date…whatever that means. I am a day one reservation and converted my order late January only a couple days after it was allowrd. Truth is, I will never know the impact…just waiting. If it turns out the big screen and Sasquatch package are the big delay items for me, then I made no difference with the changes. Lol.
Unfortunately, you can't get the Squatch with a manual until at least 2022.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a good option for us northerners. Then you have 30-40% with 2drs that only have that option

Flybriz

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I made the switch to the soft top w/prep kit. I was never really that stoked about the MIC top. I'm absolutely in love with the white top after seeing the earlier renderings so whenever that becomes available (2023?) I'm planning on getting it - even if I had the MIC top. My "ideal" Bronco config would likely be a heritage edition, but hopefully I won't have to wait that long. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My wife has a 2016 Mustang convertible and its top appears to be the same material as the Bronco soft top. Her car is surprisingly quiet, no leaks, and has a nice look to it IMHO. I'll be running topless as much as possible so I can make due until the MOD tops are available.

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured ... not sure why they are insisting on me coming in and redoing all of the paperwork.
Yeah I messaged my dealer and he updated my order in no time. You’ll get an email with the updated order. I’ve don’t this a couple times already. You shouldn’t need to go into the dealership.
John

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blind spot indicators on the Bronco ...
I've never had them, so my mirrors have always been wide. Guess we're all creations of our circumstances.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I rarely use the rear wiper in the wifes explorer, but when it's cold for 6 months out of the year the defrost function sure as hell gets used alot.

This ^

And I keep thinking to myself if I am spending this much on a vehicle, I am going to get it exactly how I want it.
Well.......made the switch to soft top. Took alot of thinking, reviews from actual owners and seeing the flow of hard tops. Add in the main reason I want a bronco is to take the top and doors off and realizing I really don't have anywhere to put the hard top lol.
Sponsored