Sponsored

Will Ford deliver all 21' Broncos before January 1, 2022?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most vehicles are available for purchase in the fall before the next year model. For instance a '20 Wrangler was available in fall of '19.

I know people are going to say I should be grateful mine is even in production, but screw that. I did what I needed to do to get mine early. I made an early reservation. I changed to a soft top.

As you can see my vehicle has been "in-production" since 9/14/2021. 70 days to be exact. Worse than no communication at all, I finally received a built email 2 weeks ago with an estimate delivery date of September 26 to October 1. Yes a built email on November 2nd that says delivery estimated over a month prior. Even after receiving the built email the tracker never updated to "built."

I have called Bronco support, I have reached out to Ford social media, I have tried to contact Mike Levine to no avail. Bronco support says all they can see is that the vehicle is "in-production" and that I should contact the dealer. The dealer says to contact Bronco support. I am not the only one in this situation either. There are several of use just in the 9/6 production week group. This all leads me to wonder if Ford will be delivering 2021 Broncos in 2022. Has anything like that ever happened?

At this point I am just bitter at Ford and the entire process. The lack of communication is insulting.

1637685531967.png
Anything is possible. Did you run your vehicle VIN for a recall to see if there are any issues? We Dirt Mountain alumni had several months of "in production" status, personally mine was built July 22 but stayed in production until October 7, and was shipped October 8 with a new MIC roof. Often, a lengthy In Production status means that there's a defect somewhere and Ford is working on its amelioration. Your vehicle could be finished any time, but that could mean 2022, for sure. It will be worth waiting for, but uncertainty is difficult for most humans! Hang in there! I handled my frustration by adjusting my expectations so that it arrived sooner than I thought. Of course, your dealer will be delighted if you abandon your order, they will have another vehicle to sell when it finally does arrive! Maybe your Christmas Present!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You got to realize the immense shortage of truck drivers right now as well. It’s not COMPLETELY on Ford if your truck is built but not yet delivered.
It's definitely a very real problem. good friend of mine is a retired driver and had seen this coming for years.

On the other hand, Ford could always let dealers and customers get their own vehicles from delivery yards. I'd be perfectly ok with a bus full of drivers going and getting things and driving them 10 miles down the road to the dealer.

Shandi long

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's definitely a very real problem. good friend of mine is a retired driver and had seen this coming for years.

On the other hand, Ford could always let dealers and customers get their own vehicles from delivery yards. I'd be perfectly ok with a bus full of drivers going and getting things and driving them 10 miles down the road to the dealer.
I would gladly pick mine up! Just saying-all i need is a call saying come on

Sponsored

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would gladly pick mine up! Just saying-all i need is a call saying come on
I would literally fly to MI from Texas and drive home (but only because I have the 2.3…the 2.7 would leave me worried about an engine failure somewhere in southern Missouri).

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bwahahahaha!

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name