Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How long is our wait ?
A lot depends whether Ford can ramp production anytime soon -

They have more than 200,000 orders still unscheduled. If production is not ramped, a lot of us could be waiting quite a while -
So far it's been limping along - only few or several thousand a month - for '21 they made 33,207 so far - see Ford October Press Release below -

October they made 7,668 -

What's November forecast ? . . December ?

For rest of '21 Ford may have decided to punt - still limping along -
The latest scheduling was Nov 18. And before that Oct 28, & Sept 30.
Next round of scheduling - maybe Dec 9 or Dec 16 -

Will Ford ramp production in '22 ?
Some try to wave off as 'supply chain issues' -
Ford also has some big problems - e.g. 2.7L engine fails, electrical fails, continuing MIC defects, airbags, et cetera - these are prob some of the major delays -

Latest monthly production #'s - (publ. Nov 3)
Ford Bronco Will Ford ever Ramp Production ? . . When ? . . [11/19 Update] October-2021-Production-Release-4
Sponsored

Last edited:

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think they ended MY21 scheduling so much as they completed it. The airbag recall only affected ~500 units built in July/Aug. Hopefully once all the built units have received new tops and MY22 production begins we will start to see a proper full speed ramp up

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are global supply chain shortages across nearly every industry. Raw material shortages inveitably lead to appliance shortages, lead to extended delivery times and price increases on new homes,...

Combined with a high demand at the moment, it's going to take years for this to normalize. There was this almost perfect storm of issues all at the same time that led to this. (Tariffs, Covid, high demand, etc.)

It is plausible that manufacturers in various industries could develop new technologies or work arounds to accelerate the return to production capacity. As always, changes in the marketplace are an opportunity to be creative. But, for the time being, don't expect manufacturers to build products with 5 year old methods and technologies at full capacity.

Best guess, Broncos won't be built to demand until 2024, unless the economy crashes to reduce the demand side.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good to me, apart from September dirt mountain MIC 1.0 fiasco. I would expect October and November to hit new highs and likely December too, but xmas holidays will play a part in that. 👍🏻

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How long is our wait ?

A lot depends whether Ford can ramp production to full speed anytime soon. If they keep limping along only few thousand a month, there could be whole lot of disappointed customers for a long while -

So far production has been lousy. And looks like Ford decided to punt for rest of '21 - still only few thousand a month till mid Dec - then who knows -
After recent airbag recall, seems Ford abruptly ended MY21 scheduling -

Latest monthly production #'s - (publ. Oct 4)
View attachment 188586
If you add the Rangers together with the Bronco looks like about 520 per day. MAP has been reported to be able to get 500 out per shift (2 shifts or 1,000 a day). Seems like they are running at about 52% of full production. I have a Ranger on order also.....it is suppose to get built next week. I hope so.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Premier has said at full tilt, MAP could build 1200 Broncos a day. But this would be in perfect world with full manpower and no logistical issues.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be great to see what @PREMiERdrum has to say -

From the scheduling it looks like rest of '21 will be slow. Oct & Nov prob no better than Sept - similar low #'s - more limping along I bet -

They say '22 production starts mid Dec. You wonder if Ford can finally ramp up then -
With a bunch of MY21 Vin's out there, I can see the start of MY22 production being pushed into next year if the final 8 weeks don't goes as planned. 🤷🏻

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, there's another concern - will '22 prod'n get delayed to finish the '21 VINs -

And the 4,000 DM re-works were already counted in July/August - so they won't help Oct/Nov prod'n #'s -
Anyone have a handle on how many 21 VINs are still open?

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, there's another concern - will '22 prod'n get delayed to finish the '21 VINs -

And the 4,000 DM re-works were already counted in July/August - so they won't help Oct/Nov prod'n #'s -
I would suspect that those '21 reservations which were converted to '22 orders (I believe all non-VIN assigned orders got 99 status and needed the dealer to resubmit if the customer was still interested) will have a higher priority than new orders, but if a '21 res - '22 order is a combo that is commodity restricted, then a '22 build which isn't commodity restricted could be built in place.

I guess we'll just have to see ;)

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be great to see what @PREMiERdrum has to say -

From the scheduling it looks like rest of '21 will be slow. Oct & Nov prob no better than Sept - similar low #'s - more limping along I bet -

They say '22 production starts mid Dec. You wonder if Ford can finally ramp up then -
We are scheduled through December 6th, there isn't supposed to be anymore scheduling for 21 other than clean up. Scheduling for 2022 is supposed to start in the first half of November (can't remember the date I saw last week). Everything seems as they said it would be to me as well.
Sponsored